UK and Europe · Public discussion

Cycling Weekly: Graeme Obree book excerpts part 2

Started by Sue Rogers · · Last activity · 9 posts · 874 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
19 September 2003
Last activity
27 September 2003
Original author
Sue Rogers
Posts
9
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
874
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–9 of 9
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Isn't that sad? My heart went out to him and his family as I read that article yesterday.

    It must take a lot of bravery and honesty to write like that and admit those feelings. I wish him
    and his family all the best in coping with things and that their better life continues to improve.

  2. "Sue Rogers" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Isn't that sad? My heart went out to him and his family as I read that article yesterday.

    It must take a lot of bravery and honesty to write like that and admit those feelings. I wish him
    and his family all the best in coping with things and that their better life continues to improve.

    The guy is a "HERO" no doubt about it, who else could break the hour record on their own ?

    Graham

  3. "Graham" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    The guy is a "HERO" no doubt about it, who else could break the hour record on their own ?

    Absolutely - and the day after he made a failed attempt! I'd be in bed for a fortnight.

    Just got hold of his book and am about half-way through it. Some of it I find heartbreaking. But in
    a way, it just highlights his achievements even more, what with all he was going through.

    Had the (what I regard as) privilege to ride a time trial up at Cockermouth that he entered - think
    it was around 1990. He was late at the start by about 5 mins and still won by about another 5 mins!
    I remember crowds of us standing around looking at his bike at the finish, wondering how the hell he
    did it. At that time he was still on upturned drop bars. Talk of 'imagine what he could do on a
    proper bike' and all that. Well, he proved us all wrong there too didn't he.

    Allan.

  4. ..

    Quoted message said:

    The guy is a "HERO" no doubt about it, who else could break the hour record on their own ?

    He is also a 'HERO' for having the courage to confront his predicament face on and for sharing that with the world!

    I've just finished Graham's book and am absolutely humbled by his situation, it’s utterly shattering, tear making. I have a huge urge to send him and his family a very short message of thanks and support. This guy’s thrilled and amazed thousands of people around the world and anything that brings a smile ones face is a GOOD thing. He and his family deserve to have ongoing words of encouragement in their plight.

    Does anyone know where messages of support can be sent?

  5. Phat.Controller said:

    .

    Quoted message said:

    The guy is a "HERO" no doubt about it, who else could break the hour record on their own ?

    He is also a 'HERO' for having the courage to confront his predicament face on and for sharing
    that with the world!

    I've just finished Graham's book and am absolutely humbled by his situation, it’s utterly
    shattering, tear making. I have a huge urge to send him and his family a very short message of
    thanks and support. This guy’s thrilled and amazed thousands of people around the world and
    anything that brings a smile ones face is a GOOD thing. He and his family deserve to have ongoing
    words of encouragement in their plight.

    Does anyone know where messages of support can be sent?

    I'm still reading it and have had the same thoughts.

    I'm sure if you write to the publisher the correspondence will get through.

    John B

  6. JohnB said:
    Phat.Controller said:

    .

    Quoted message said:

    The guy is a "HERO" no doubt about it, who else could break the hour record on their own ?

    He is also a 'HERO' for having the courage to confront his predicament face on and for sharing
    that with the world!

    I've just finished Graham's book and am absolutely humbled by his situation, it’s utterly
    shattering, tear making. I have a huge urge to send him and his family a very short message of
    thanks and support. This guy’s thrilled and amazed thousands of people around the world and
    anything that brings a smile ones face is a GOOD thing. He and his family deserve to have ongoing
    words of encouragement in their plight.

    Does anyone know where messages of support can be sent?

    I'm still reading it and have had the same thoughts.

    I'm sure if you write to the publisher the correspondence will get through.


    Publisher is Birlinn Ltd you can contact them from here
    birlinn.co.ukcontact.asp

    Regards! Stephen

  7. Hi Stephen and John B,

    thank you. I have contacted them. I also did a search for the book on their home page and it returns a 'book not known message'. :-(

    Cheers

    Chris

    Publisher is Birlinn Ltd you can contact them from here
    birlinn.co.ukcontact.asp

    Regards! Stephen [/B][/QUOTE]

  8. He's appearing at the cycle show at the Business Centre Islington.

    Just visited the show and it's excellent.

    Wayne
    --
    DrClean www.DrClean.co.uk The Best Fabric Cleaning Resource on the Web

    "Phat.Controller" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    .

    Quoted message said:

    The guy is a "HERO" no doubt about it, who else could break the hour record on their own ?

    He is also a 'HERO' for having the courage to confront his predicament face on and for sharing
    that with the world!

    I've just finished Graham's book and am absolutely humbled by his situation, it's utterly
    shattering, tear making. I have a huge urge to send him and his family a very short message of
    thanks and support. This guy's thrilled and amazed thousands of people around the world and
    anything that brings a smile ones face is a GOOD thing. He and his family deserve to have ongoing
    words of encouragement in their plight.

    Does anyone know where messages of support can be sent?

    --

    Quoted message said:

    --------------------------<


    Posted via cyclingforums.com cyclingforums.comcyclingforums.com

  9. "wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    He's appearing at the cycle show at the Business Centre Islington.

    Just visited the show and it's excellent.

    Wayne

    I'm off there tomorrow - so what's not to be missed when there?

    Cheers, helen s


    I found the best bit was downstairs (underneath the main show) in the delivery area you can try out
    bikes. It's a must.

    Lots of kit on show and extremely light and expensive bikes. I'm interested in a really good folder
    so tried out the Dahon, Birdy and Airnimal. Best by far is the airnimal and it looks good too, but
    at £2000 it's going to take a lot to convince my wife I need one. Still I live in hope.

    Wayne
    --
    DrClean www.DrClean.co.uk The Best Fabric Cleaning Resource on the Web

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.