Cycling video thread

The roads are as close as clean that they will get for winter and I have a small window before snow moves in Tuesday. So before I'm back out on the trails the old girl got the call to come out and enjoy a chilly leg stretching ride.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YXmT-T31ow

27 degrees? Ouch! :D Love the music though, Powerstation does some cool covers.

OH BTW, what has really helped me now is that I can look up songs on the creators' section and tell what songs can be used on youtube. Many can't due to copyright issues.

Few years back I had to make a short video to test the song to see if it would be blocked or not. This song check thing is cool and really helps.

Reactions: zipp2001
I love most of my Easton parts, so it is really bad, that a spare ITT Expander Bolt is such a PIA to find and if found so expensive... (Or might this only be true for custumores outside the USA?)

RÉPONDRE

One of the pains in the butt is having a **** poor memory from that medication I have to take for my concussion. I forgot how to use the camera and messed around with it. I can't see anything on the display in the sunshine so I have to memorize what buttons to do to do what. Well I pushed the wrong buttons and ended up with only 28 seconds of me stopping at the end of the outward leg. I can see my hand waving in front of the lens to make sure I turned it off. What I apparently did was hit the wrong button twice which wiped my recording. Oh well, it was so slow I would just as soon no one saw it. But I did work out the details when I get around to a good ride.

Well the road bike finally got to come out a play. She's been on vacation for over 4 months and she was so happy to get out and play. It was chilly, with some wet roads, and plenty of salt and sand to make for a messy girl. She's all cleaned up now and eager to roll out again.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1YlPFmWhy8

Reactions: Mr. Beanz
Nice post, thank you for sharing. Most people want to achieve their goals but they undermine the importance of confidence. If you want to succeed, you must develop confidence. You should look for reliable websites. So, I recommend downloading facebook video downloader

One of the pains in the butt is having a **** poor memory from that medication I have to take for my concussion. I forgot how to use the camera and messed around with it. I can't see anything on the display in the sunshine so I have to memorize what buttons to do to do what. Well I pushed the wrong buttons and ended up with only 28 seconds of me stopping at the end of the outward leg. I can see my hand waving in front of the lens to make sure I turned it off. What I apparently did was hit the wrong button twice which wiped my recording. Oh well, it was so slow I would just as soon no one saw it. But I did work out the details when I get around to a good ride.

Even if it is slow, it is cool having a chance to see where others ride. I'm not one who criticizes the efforts of others. It takes some effort to create a video even if it is a short 30 second video. I have posted many videos just to show the people we ride with. At times, we don't have new subjects so i just post whatever I get.

What really gets me is when others criticize one's effort when they have never taken the time to even start making an effort to post anything, no pictures, no video, nothing but a rotten attitude.

Amazing how stupid some people can be. I just make videos for fun but have been told a few times that I am just showing off how tough our rides area. Are you serious, we do the same rides over and over just to ride. Are you kidding? Amazing how many ass hats there are out there!

Me? I am happy to watch the videos of others just for entertainment and view the stomping grounds. No need to criticize the efforts of others who take the time!

Even if it is slow, it is cool having a chance to see where others ride. I'm not one who criticizes the efforts of others. It takes some effort to create a video even if it is a short 30 second video. I have posted many videos just to show the people we ride with. At times, we don't have new subjects so i just post whatever I get.

What really gets me is when others criticize one's effort when they have never taken the time to even start making an effort to post anything, no pictures, no video, nothing but a rotten attitude.

Amazing how stupid some people can be. I just make videos for fun but have been told a few times that I am just showing off how tough our rides area. Are you serious, we do the same rides over and over just to ride. Are you kidding? Amazing how many ass hats there are out there!

Me? I am happy to watch the videos of others just for entertainment and view the stomping grounds. No need to criticize the efforts of others who take the time!
Well, I find your videos entertaining and informative so anyone that doesn't like them has the ability to change their section. Complaining about someone else is counter-productive. Why don't THEY open a thread about what interests them?

While doing my ride yesterday I did notice that the mount was twisting the camera off of vertical. I finally figured out that it was the handlebar mount since it appeared to be the three rolling joints that hold the camera in place.

Another thing I discovered is that it appears to take around 1,000 frames per second and that means that my 32 gig memory is good for around 161 hours. So I can actually film entire rides. I couldn't publish anything like that anywhere but I could film the Grizzly Peak Century and that WOW! climb after the lunch stop. It is perhaps a half mile long at 16% and anyone that doesn't think that is special is a supermarket bike rider. After that I was rolling along and some guy pulled up along side of me as I was going kind of slow waiting for my younger brother who is all hell and gone faster than me but who hadn't trained at all for almost a year. I asked him wasn't there a set of hills out here called the three bears? And he said that we were about to peak Papa Bear which was the last one. I hadn't even noticed Baby Bear or Mama Bear after that monster. And Papa Bear wasn't difficult but only long.

That means that I can torture you guys with the worst parts of all of the rides and pretend that the entire ride is that way. That way I can look almost as cool as Super Beanz.

I decided to take the Colnago out yesterday since the ground is dry. I had to change the camera mount over to the Colnago and the damn mount made of aluminum broke right apart so I'll have to kluge together a new camera mount before posting a video now.

On my daily ride the other day and for a moment I thought I was going to transition from organ transplant recipient to organ donor. For some reason the occupants of the SUV made eye contact with me but still thought they were as small as a mini cooper.

View: https://youtu.be/LH_cBPHWjYo

On my daily ride the other day and for a moment I thought I was going to transition from organ transplant recipient to organ donor. For some reason the occupants of the SUV made eye contact with me but still thought they were as small as a mini cooper.o

Wow, what a moron that driver is! :eek:

Good thing you are aware of your surroundings as too many cyclists aren't. I think too many other cyclists would have just went ahead and got themselves hit by this moron. My thoughts, a little better to slow, move, and lose a step rather than your life.

oh yeah, nice video! The music is very dramatic and does a good job of bringing out the excitement.

Kidney recipient? Gina donated a kidney to her son the hard way back in 2001. I say the hard way because about a year after that they started doing the micro thing. She has a 10 inch scar on her side.

5448378720_1c288e8699_o_zps3b29c4a0.jpg

Wow, what a moron that driver is! :eek:

Good thing you are aware of your surroundings as too many cyclists aren't. I think too many other cyclists would have just went ahead and got themselves hit by this moron. My thoughts, a little better to slow, move, and lose a step rather than your life.

oh yeah, nice video! The music is very dramatic and does a good job of bringing out the excitement.

Kidney recipient? Gina donated a kidney to her son the hard way back in 2001. I say the hard way because about a year after that they started doing the micro thing. She has a 10 inch scar on her side.

View attachment 3473

yah, here in Southern California I have to be alert to everything. Hit and run seems to be the thing to do around here, especially when they hit pedestrians or cyclists. March 2018 a black SUV made an illegal mid block u-turn in front of me but he couldn't clear the single lane so he stopped perpendicular as I was approaching at 15mph on my mountain bike. I hit my brakes but that bike is hydro brakes so when I hit the front brakes harder than my rear, I flipped over and landed face and belly first on the street just short of the car. Luckily a couple walking by was a nurse and her husband. I never saw the driver after the crash. All the witnesses told the cops that he hit me and took off, but I knew I stopped just short, so I told the truth. I think their perspectives looked different. As they were loading me into the ambulance, the cop told me I would be listed at fault for unsafe braking in a solo collision. He said had I hit the car, I would have been better off legally. I now ride even more alert because of that. At the time I was too concerned about the kidney in my belly to care so I told him not to take a report.

So great of Gina to donate, but yah, the way it used to be was crazy. My wife's cousin donated one of hers in 2000 and she said they cut a piece of her rib out to access the kidney and she has the same long scar Gina has. Her choice to donate inspired her daughter to be my donor in 2017.

yah, here in Southern California I have to be alert to everything. Hit and run seems to be the thing to do around here, especially when they hit pedestrians or cyclists. March 2018 a black SUV made an illegal mid block u-turn in front of me but he couldn't clear the single lane so he stopped perpendicular as I was approaching at 15mph on my mountain bike. I hit my brakes but that bike is hydro brakes so when I hit the front brakes harder than my rear, I flipped over and landed face and belly first on the street just short of the car. Luckily a couple walking by was a nurse and her husband. I never saw the driver after the crash. All the witnesses told the cops that he hit me and took off, but I knew I stopped just short, so I told the truth. I think their perspectives looked different. As they were loading me into the ambulance, the cop told me I would be listed at fault for unsafe braking in a solo collision. He said had I hit the car, I would have been better off legally. I now ride even more alert because of that. At the time I was too concerned about the kidney in my belly to care so I told him not to take a report.

So great of Gina to donate, but yah, the way it used to be was crazy. My wife's cousin donated one of hers in 2000 and she said they cut a piece of her rib out to access the kidney and she has the same long scar Gina has. Her choice to donate inspired her daughter to be my donor in 2017.

Wow, scary story Mike! Yeah, the docs told Gina when she donated the biggest reason for losing the remaining kidney is an accident or gun shot. So I do what I can to protect her on the bike and other places. I know some forum members have said I should get Gina to race, she's stronger than most expect. But she doesn't care to race. Plus, if I talked her into racing and she lost the kidney in a crash, I'd be feeling pretty low.

But yes, I am also in SoCal and though I do not consider it a driver against cyclist or driver targeting cyclists type thing like too many bike forum members, I consider it an overpopulated stupid unaware driver and inconsiderate human being type thing.

Human decency is missing here in SoCal if you ask me.

Yeah, take care of the kidney Mike! I know 4 close people on dialysis and 2 recently passed.

Reactions: MohawkMike
Wow, scary story Mike! Yeah, the docs told Gina when she donated the biggest reason for losing the remaining kidney is an accident or gun shot. So I do what I can to protect her on the bike and other places. I know some forum members have said I should get Gina to race, she's stronger than most expect. But she doesn't care to race. Plus, if I talked her into racing and she lost the kidney in a crash, I'd be feeling pretty low.

But yes, I am also in SoCal and though I do not consider it a driver against cyclist or driver targeting cyclists type thing like too many bike forum members, I consider it an overpopulated stupid unaware driver and inconsiderate human being type thing.

Human decency is missing here in SoCal if you ask me.

Yeah, take care of the kidney Mike! I know 4 close people on dialysis and 2 recently passed.

oh yah, don't let her race. When I crashed last year, my kidney went into mild rejection but UCLA transplant center got me squared away with some extra meds. whew

I agree about it. I don't think it's targeting either. Just folks don't care anymore out here. Just like damn package thieves who porch bandit regardless of cameras. Most of them don't even hide their faces. Ugh.

OK, just a stupid video I made for fun. ;)

I was sitting at home picking my nose and minding my own. The security cameras picked up and evil spirit running up and down the stairs behind me. :p

I guess the moral of the story is, even when you think you're alone picking your nose, maybe you're not! :D

Figured out how to do the clone thing. :D

Reactions: zipp2001
With two days of wind gusts of 70 mph I knew the trails would have a few tress down, and debris everywhere. Ran into seven trees down and was able to get a few out of the way but others were already frozen to the ground. Now getting ready for more snow tonight, and am hoping it a nice fluffy snow.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pg1736hU4ZM