Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

cycling shoes for narrow feet?

Started by Ron Bott · · Last activity · 7 posts · 432 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
8 July 2004
Last activity
10 July 2004
Original author
Ron Bott
Posts
7
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
432
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–7 of 7
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I wondering if any brands or models of shoes are known to fit well on
    narrow feet. I'll be heading out this weekend to the LBS to try to
    find a new pair of shoes. Will stop first at shops with brands that
    are known to fit narrow feet the best. Input anyone?

    Thanks in advance-
    Ron Bott

  2. Ron Bott said:

    I wondering if any brands or models of shoes are known to fit well on
    narrow feet. I'll be heading out this weekend to the LBS to try to
    find a new pair of shoes. Will stop first at shops with brands that
    are known to fit narrow feet the best. Input anyone?

    Thanks in advance-
    Ron Bott

    I wound up buying a womens Sidi Genius 3 (coupla years ago). They were
    narrower than the mens. My problem isn't so much a narrow fore foot as much
    as an extremely narrow heel and ankle.
    --
    Skuke
    Reverse the domain name to send email

  3. Sidi has narrow width shoes that work well for my A width feet. I believe
    that the Genuis 4s are the only shoes that come in a narrow width. I'd
    suggest trying them on at a LBS so you don't get stuck with shoes that don't
    fit. See:

    http://www.sidiusa.com/rbs/index.html

    My only other suggestion is to get some good insoles as the Sidi insoles are
    a bit flimsy. I have custom cycling orthotics that work great.

    Alan

    "Ron Bott" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I wondering if any brands or models of shoes are known to fit well on
    narrow feet. I'll be heading out this weekend to the LBS to try to
    find a new pair of shoes. Will stop first at shops with brands that
    are known to fit narrow feet the best. Input anyone?

    Thanks in advance-
    Ron Bott

  4. Quoted message said:

    I wondering if any brands or models of shoes are known to fit well on
    narrow feet. I'll be heading out this weekend to the LBS to try to
    find a new pair of shoes. Will stop first at shops with brands that
    are known to fit narrow feet the best. Input anyone?

    My shoe size is 13AAA and that's narrow. Sidi's used to be OK but after the
    revolution they changed the last and they no longer fit me. I now wear Rocket 7
    custom shoes and they are the single best thing I ever did for my cyucling.
    They-well, actually you-take a cast of your feet and in return you get a shoe
    with a molded carbon fiber sole that fits!.And they last. Mine are 4 years old.
    Expensive but well worth it.
    Phil Brown

  5. Quoted message said:

    My shoe size is 13AAA and that's narrow. Sidi's used to be OK but after


    the

    Quoted message said:

    revolution they changed the last and they no longer fit me. I now wear


    Rocket 7

    Quoted message said:

    custom shoes and they are the single best thing I ever did for my


    cyucling.

    Quoted message said:

    They-well, actually you-take a cast of your feet and in return you get a


    shoe

    Quoted message said:

    with a molded carbon fiber sole that fits!.And they last. Mine are 4 years


    old.

    Quoted message said:

    Expensive but well worth it.
    Phil Brown

    I am *so* tempted to go that route myself, and will probably have to after I
    wear out the last of the original Nike Poggios (which were very narrow to
    start with and, with an aftermarket insole, actually fit pretty well). I'm
    an 11.5 AA, but that's just the width; the reality is that my feet have
    considerably less volume than a normal AA foot (they're "thin"
    top-to-bottom; as a shoe salesman said a while back, "I can't fit your feet;
    you got no meat on 'em!"😉.

    --Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
    www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

  6. Before you do, take a look at the D2 custom shoes:

    www.d2customfootwear.com.

    "Mike Jacoubowsky" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    My shoe size is 13AAA and that's narrow. Sidi's used to be OK but after


    the

    Quoted message said:

    revolution they changed the last and they no longer fit me. I now wear


    Rocket 7

    Quoted message said:

    custom shoes and they are the single best thing I ever did for my


    cyucling.

    Quoted message said:

    They-well, actually you-take a cast of your feet and in return you get a


    shoe

    Quoted message said:

    with a molded carbon fiber sole that fits!.And they last. Mine are 4


    years

    Quoted message said:

    old.

    Quoted message said:

    Expensive but well worth it.
    Phil Brown

    I am *so* tempted to go that route myself, and will probably have to after


    I

    Quoted message said:

    wear out the last of the original Nike Poggios (which were very narrow to
    start with and, with an aftermarket insole, actually fit pretty well).


    I'm

    Quoted message said:

    an 11.5 AA, but that's just the width; the reality is that my feet have
    considerably less volume than a normal AA foot (they're "thin"
    top-to-bottom; as a shoe salesman said a while back, "I can't fit your


    feet;

    Quoted message said:

    you got no meat on 'em!"😉.

    --Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
    www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

  7. Quoted message said:

    Before you do, take a look at the D2 custom shoes:

    www.d2customfootwear.com.

    Not familiar with them, but they look interesting. What can you tell me?

    --Mike Jacoubowsky
    Chain Reaction Bicycles
    www.ChainReaction.com
    IMBA, BikesBelong, NBDA member

    Quoted message said:

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.