Road Cycling · Public discussion

Could L.A. win the IronMan?

Started by Ken M · · Last activity · 11 posts · 512 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
1 December 2005
Last activity
3 December 2005
Original author
Ken M
Posts
11
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
512
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–11 of 11
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. http://ironmanexplorer.msn.com/article.aspx?aid=21&GT1=7337

    I don't know that he could, this article seems to indicate that the author
    thinks he could. I personally think he should use his "celebrity" status to
    further cycling in general.

    Ken

  2. :: http://ironmanexplorer.msn.com/article.aspx?aid=21&GT1=7337
    ::
    :: I don't know that he could, this article seems to indicate that the
    :: author thinks he could. I personally think he should use his
    :: "celebrity" status to further cycling in general.

    From the sounds of his comments, he'd never win, IMO.

    I think he should do whatever he wants to do, though.

  3. Roger Zoul said:

    :: http://ironmanexplorer.msn.com/article.aspx?aid=21&GT1=7337
    ::
    :: I don't know that he could, this article seems to indicate that the
    :: author thinks he could. I personally think he should use his
    :: "celebrity" status to further cycling in general.

    From the sounds of his comments, he'd never win, IMO.

    I think he should do whatever he wants to do, though.

    I think we should all do want we want to do Roger. ;-)

    Maggie

  4. "Maggie" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    Roger Zoul wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I think he should do whatever he wants to do, though.

    I think we should all do want we want to do Roger. ;-)

    I don't want to do Roger, I'm a happily married woman.

    --
    Warm Regards,

    Claire Petersky
    Personal page: http://www.geocities.com/cpetersky/
    See the books I've set free at:
    http://bookcrossing.com/referral/Cpetersky

  5. Ken M' kencmjr(nospam)@netzero.net said:

    http://ironmanexplorer.msn.com/article.aspx?aid=21&GT1=7337

    I don't know that he could, this article seems to indicate that the author
    thinks he could. I personally think he should use his "celebrity" status to
    further cycling in general.

    There was a discussion on the triathlon newsgroup about this during
    one recent Tour de France.

    It seems that given Lance's time trialing speed, he'd only have to
    stay reasonably close in the swim (where the time differences are
    fairly minimal) and then run something like 7 minute miles to have won
    an olympic-length tri.

    Obviously there are a lot of variables to consider, but it's clear
    that he'd almost certainly start the run ahead of the field if he was
    in "racing shape" when he did a triathlon.

    Mark Hickey
    Habanero Cycles
    http://www.habcycles.com
    Home of the $795 ti frame

  6. He won at age 13 against older athletes, I don't see why he would not
    win now.
    http://austin.about.com/od/lancearmstrong/p/lancearmstrong.htm

    Ken M said:

    http://ironmanexplorer.msn.com/article.aspx?aid=21&GT1=7337

    I don't know that he could, this article seems to indicate that the author
    thinks he could. I personally think he should use his "celebrity" status to
    further cycling in general.

    Ken

  7. Mark Hickey <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Ken M' kencmjr(nospam)@netzero.net said:

    http://ironmanexplorer.msn.com/article.aspx?aid=21&GT1=7337

    I don't know that he could, this article seems to indicate that the


    author

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    thinks he could. I personally think he should use his "celebrity"


    status to

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    further cycling in general.

    There was a discussion on the triathlon newsgroup about this during
    one recent Tour de France.

    It seems that given Lance's time trialing speed, he'd only have to
    stay reasonably close in the swim (where the time differences are
    fairly minimal) and then run something like 7 minute miles to have


    won

    Quoted message said:

    an olympic-length tri.


    Aren't olympic tris still draft legal?

  8. Lance is nothing. He could not win a tri because he has no team to
    coast along with.

  9. Quoted message said:

    Lance is nothing. He could not win a tri because he has no team to
    coast along with.

    Right on cue, Little Jimmy Buttpacker /rears/ his ugly head.

    LOL

    Bill "now pull it out" S.

  10. On Sat, 03 Dec 2005 06:45:39 GMT, proudly wearing his brown lipstick,
    "Bill Sornson" <[email hidden]> slavered:

    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:

    Lance is nothing. He could not win a tri because he has no team to
    coast along with.

    Right on cue, Little Jimmy Buttpacker /rears/ his ugly head.

    LOL

    You should just move to Texas and set up an ass-kissng booth.
    --
    zk

  11. Quoted message said:

    Lance is nothing. He could not win a tri because he has no team to
    coast along with.

    Check out his time to climb Mont Ventoux - 58 mins !! Doesn't that say
    any thing ?? If he trains for it, he very well can bag it, but then I am
    sure he would want to take a break from rigourous training and racing -
    i guess...

    +ravi

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.