Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

Conti Vertical Pro - sketcharoo in the wet

Started by Dave · · Last activity · 10 posts · 324 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
9 August 2004
Last activity
12 August 2004
Original author
Dave
Posts
10
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
324
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–10 of 10
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Anyone else run these tires? What did you think of them in wet conditons?

    I run it as a front tire. Had my first ride in semi-wet conditions yesterday
    and this tire scared me good. Not much traction at all on wet roots and
    rocks. I'm going back to my Maxxis Mobsters. Just thought I'd share that
    with the group.

    p.s. It is the 2.3 version (more like a fat 2.1) and I ran them at 35 psi

    Cheers...Dave

  2. "Dave" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:1092069857.547936@yasure...

    Quoted message said:

    Anyone else run these tires? What did you think of them in wet conditons?

    I run it as a front tire. Had my first ride in semi-wet conditions


    yesterday

    Quoted message said:

    and this tire scared me good. Not much traction at all on wet roots and
    rocks. I'm going back to my Maxxis Mobsters. Just thought I'd share that
    with the group.

    p.s. It is the 2.3 version (more like a fat 2.1) and I ran them at 35 psi

    Cheers...Dave

    I have them on my trail bike, same size too. They aren't very good in wet
    conditiuons at all. Mobsters are way better in wet conditions.

  3. "Loomer" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    "Dave" <[email hidden]> wrote in message


    news:1092069857.547936@yasure...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Anyone else run these tires? What did you think of them in wet


    conditons?

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    I run it as a front tire. Had my first ride in semi-wet conditions


    yesterday

    Quoted message said:

    and this tire scared me good. Not much traction at all on wet roots and
    rocks. I'm going back to my Maxxis Mobsters. Just thought I'd share that
    with the group.

    p.s. It is the 2.3 version (more like a fat 2.1) and I ran them at 35


    psi

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    Cheers...Dave

    I have them on my trail bike, same size too. They aren't very good in wet
    conditiuons at all. Mobsters are way better in wet conditions.

    Hmm, I use the 2.3's on my SS in all conditions (wet, rooty, rocks, damp,
    technical etc.). I've never had a problem with them. Maybe you're running
    them at much too high PSI? I run them at low PSI, around 25-30 and they
    stick to the dirt like glue.

    - CA-G

    Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

  4. Quoted message said:

    Hmm, I use the 2.3's on my SS in all conditions (wet, rooty, rocks, damp,
    technical etc.). I've never had a problem with them. Maybe you're running
    them at much too high PSI? I run them at low PSI, around 25-30 and they
    stick to the dirt like glue.

    At my weight (185lbs) any single-ply tire, especially one this narrow, is
    just too squishy if I run the PSI that low.

    Thx for the suggestion though.

    Wanna buy a tire? $20 shipped to your door....it's the Pro-Tection version.
    Email me if interested.

  5. "Carla A-G" <[email hidden]> wrote in message

    Quoted message said:

    Hmm, I use the 2.3's on my SS in all conditions (wet, rooty, rocks, damp,
    technical etc.). I've never had a problem with them. Maybe you're running
    them at much too high PSI? I run them at low PSI, around 25-30 and they
    stick to the dirt like glue.

    - CA-G

    Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

    OK I will try the lower PSI.

  6. "Loomer" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    "Dave" <[email hidden]> wrote in message


    news:1092069857.547936@yasure...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Anyone else run these tires? What did you think of them in wet


    conditons?

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    I run it as a front tire. Had my first ride in semi-wet conditions


    yesterday

    Quoted message said:

    and this tire scared me good. Not much traction at all on wet roots and
    rocks. I'm going back to my Maxxis Mobsters. Just thought I'd share that
    with the group.

    p.s. It is the 2.3 version (more like a fat 2.1) and I ran them at 35


    psi

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    Cheers...Dave

    I have them on my trail bike, same size too. They aren't very good in wet
    conditiuons at all. Mobsters are way better in wet conditions.

    And the Nokian Gazzaloddi 2.3's are better still in the wet (or dry) in my
    experience. I retired a perfectly good condition Mobster when the shop got
    the Gazz's back in.

    Shaun aRe - "Off again!"

  7. Quoted message said:

    And the Nokian Gazzaloddi 2.3's are better still in the wet (or dry) in my
    experience. I retired a perfectly good condition Mobster when the shop got
    the Gazz's back in.

    Those Gazzi's look sweet...might have to give them a try. Probably a bit
    fatter than the Maxxis too, which I find tend to run small.

    Thx...

  8. "Dave" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:1092281771.225515@yasure...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    And the Nokian Gazzaloddi 2.3's are better still in the wet (or dry) in


    my

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    experience. I retired a perfectly good condition Mobster when the shop


    got

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    the Gazz's back in.

    Those Gazzi's look sweet...might have to give them a try. Probably a bit
    fatter than the Maxxis too, which I find tend to run small.

    I've not heard anyone complain about the Gazz's...well, there was one reg
    here complained how they hooked up TOO well and didn't drift in ruts, but he
    soon got used to them IIRC. Fantastic tyre IMO ',;~}~

    Shaun aRe - I run the 2.6's F+R.

  9. Shaun Rimmer said:

    I've not heard anyone complain about the Gazz's...well, there was one reg
    here complained how they hooked up TOO well and didn't drift in ruts, but he
    soon got used to them IIRC. Fantastic tyre IMO ',;~}~

    And the reason they grip so well is that they weigh so much, they exert a
    downward pressure roughly equivalent to dark matter.

  10. "bomba" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Shaun Rimmer said:

    I've not heard anyone complain about the Gazz's...well, there was one


    reg

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    here complained how they hooked up TOO well and didn't drift in ruts,


    but he

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    soon got used to them IIRC. Fantastic tyre IMO ',;~}~

    And the reason they grip so well is that they weigh so much, they exert a
    downward pressure roughly equivalent to dark matter.

    Only the 2.6's and 3.00's - the 2.1 and the 2.3 have weights comparable with
    other makes the same size.

    Shaun aRe

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.