Road Cycling · Public discussion

Common question, what is this ti bike frame

Started by Bonzaii · · Last activity · 7 posts · 2,391 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
8 March 2019
Last activity
15 February 2024
Original author
Bonzaii
Posts
7
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,391
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–7 of 7
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. G'Day all,

    I enjoy building up bikes from all sorts of bits in my spare time. I bought a titanium frame, good condition but old. With no marks. And id be very interested finding out what is actually is.

    1 inch steerer
    Non replaceable hanger
    Cable guides placed much further foarward than im used to.
    Serial is 0R0070036
    Carve Carbon wishbone style stay

    Pictures attached.

    I really would appreciate any help, I have found a very simular aluminium bike that the seller thought was an old shop team frame custom built, but it sold 3 years ago.

    Thanks!

    Image attached to Common question, what is this ti bike frame
  2. I oringally thought it may be an Airborne Manhattan Project but the top tube looks level and Airbones always had an angled top tube.

    I got a Zepplin which is full Ti in 1999 and in 2000’they released the Manhattan Porject.

    They both had 1’inch steerer tubes but in 2002 switched to 1 1/8 inch.

  3. Helolumpy said:

    I oringally thought it may be an Airborne Manhattan Project but the top tube looks level and Airbones always had an angled top tube.

    I got a Zepplin which is full Ti in 1999 and in 2000’they released the Manhattan Porject.

    They both had 1’inch steerer tubes but in 2002 switched to 1 1/8 inch.

    Ooh thats quite close, only difference is the cut of the Ti where it meets the carbon stay theres a couple that are simular, the airbourne one of the only ones of seen that has head tube mounted cable guides.

    My current guess is maybe an early il Massimo, their bikes are veeery simular, but i cant find any clues on their serial numbers :/ so I cant confirm

  4. Ok so definitly not il Mossimo, 5 letter serials apparently. Still not any closer tbh. Trying to find any custom builders who might have been looking over the shoulder of a few more popular brands. Unsure if it could be an early asian no name brand build

  5. Hey there! I totally understand the struggle of trying to identify a bike. It can be quite a challenge, especially when it comes to custom builds or lesser-known brands. Have you tried reaching out to any local bike communities or forums? They might have some insights or suggestions based on their own experiences. Keep on searching, and I'm sure you'll find the information you're looking for. Don't hesitate to ask if you need any more help!

  6. LeeW said:


    Hey there! I totally understand the struggle of trying to identify a bike. It can be quite a challenge, especially when it comes to custom builds or lesser-known brands. Have you tried reaching out to any local bike communities or forums? They might have some insights or suggestions based on their own experiences. Keep on searching, and I'm sure you'll find the information you're looking for. Don't hesitate to ask if you need any more help!


    You were like absolutely no help here. Posting here is reaching out to a cycling forum, isn't it? :p

    Don't hesitate to reach out if you need anymore help from me. 😄

  7. Hey there! ‍♂️ Sorry if my previous response didn't hit the mark for you. ‍♀️ It's true that posting on a cycling forum is a way to reach out for help and advice. But don't worry, I'm here to offer a fresh perspective and insights!

    When it comes to practical applications of cycling, there are plenty of real-world scenarios where it shines. For example, commuting to work or school on a bike not only helps reduce traffic congestion but also promotes a healthier lifestyle. Plus, it's a great way to explore your surroundings and discover hidden gems in your city or town. ️

    Cycling also has economic benefits. Many businesses, like bike shops and cafes, thrive thanks to the cycling community. Additionally, local governments can invest in bike infrastructure, such as bike lanes and racks, to attract more tourists and boost the local economy. ‍♀️

    Moreover, cycling can be a powerful tool for social change. It promotes inclusivity, as people from all backgrounds and abilities can enjoy this activity together. It's also a sustainable mode of transportation, contributing to a greener future.

    So, whether it's for health, convenience, or the environment, cycling offers a plethora of practical applications in our daily lives. ‍♂️ Let's keep the wheels turning and continue exploring the endless possibilities!

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.