This new entry to the market has it all.
Peter Moran
A community for cyclists, gear, training and racing.
General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion
Thread navigation
Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.
Thread details
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
In article
<[email hidden]
.au>,
Peter Moran said:This new entry to the market has it all.
I'll do you one better:
alexchiu.comalexchiu.comOpen ↗
"Immortality"? Talk about a quack with chutzpah!
--
Orac |"A statement of fact cannot be insolent."
|
|"If you cannot listen to the answers, why do you inconvenience me with questions?"
Quoted message said:Subject: Classic health fraud From: "Peter Moran" [email hidden] Date: 1/11/2004 12:52 PM
Pacific Standard Time Message-id: <4001b782$0$890$61c65585@uq-127creek-reader-
02.brisbane.pipenetworks.com.au>This new entry to the market has it all.
Peter Moran
Why are you so concerned with it? Has it killed anyone?
Why not be concerned with the big killers??
Needless deaths and mistakes, side effects from drugs?
Jan
"Peter Moran" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
"]news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:This new entry to the market has it all.
That stuff has so much calcium that if you take two tablets you will feel like hanging onto a cave
ceiling....
"Jan" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
"]news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:Subject: Classic health fraud From: "Peter Moran" [email hidden] Date: 1/11/2004 12:52 PM
Pacific Standard Time Message-id:<[email hidden]
Quoted message said:
This new entry to the market has it all.Peter Moran
Why are you so concerned with it? Has it killed anyone?
Why not be concerned with the big killers??
Needless deaths and mistakes, side effects from drugs?
There are three possible issues with an "alternative" health product.
Is it fraudulent - i.e. designed to take people's money without offering anything of use in return,
or via false claims? Doesn't that bother you?
Is it unsafe? It doesn't have to be directly harmful, if it induces people to rely on it to do
things it cannot, or to temporise with useless treatments instead of having symptoms looked into. I
actually came across it on a cancer forum where it was said that a clinic is using it as a mainstay
in cancer treatment.
Is it based on sound science? I think even you would recognise the purported "scientific" basis
for the product as technobabble. If not you haven't been paying enough attention in your years on
this list.
On all three grounds this qualifies as quackery, healthfraud, chralatanism, or any other name you
wish to apply.
Peter Moran
Quoted message said:
Jan
"Orac" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
"]news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:In article <[email hidden] .au>, "Peter
Moran said:This new entry to the market has it all.
I'll do you one better:
alexchiu.comalexchiu.comOpen ↗
"Immortality"? Talk about a quack with chutzpah!
Yes, Alex warrants a category of his own. .
Peter
"Jan" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
"]news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:Subject: Re: Classic health fraud From: "Peter Moran" [email hidden] Date: 1/11/2004 3:10 PM
Pacific Standard Time Message-id:<[email hidden]
Quoted message said:"Jan" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:>Subject: Classic health fraud From: "Peter Moran" [email hidden] Date: 1/11/2004 12:52 PM
>Pacific Standard Time Message-id:Quoted message said:<[email hidden]
u
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:Quoted message said:
>
>This new entry to the market has it all.
>
>tamahi.comtamahi.comOpen ↗
>
>Peter MoranWhy are you so concerned with it? Has it killed anyone?
Why not be concerned with the big killers??
Needless deaths and mistakes, side effects from drugs?
Quoted message said:There are three possible issues with an "alternative" health product.
Is it fraudulent - i.e. designed to take people's money without offering anything of use in
return, or via false claims?Is it? Or is this an opinion? You said *an* alternative health product.
You are completely brain washed, when you see the word alternative, up
comes
Quoted message said:the red flag that says, IT IS WORTHLESS.
Quoted message said:Doesn't that bother you?
Your attitude does. What also bothers me are the HUGE issues, like
*needless*
Quoted message said:mistakes and deaths.
Quoted message said:Is it unsafe?
You mean you don't know?? You have said it is classic health fraud, but
you
Quoted message said:don't know if it is unsafe.
Quoted message said:It doesn't have to be directly harmful, if it induces people to rely on it to do things it
cannot, or to temporise with useless treatments instead of having symptoms looked into.Do proof these treatments are useless.
Having things looked into is another problem. Too many *we can't find
anything
Quoted message said:wrongs*
Quoted message said:I actually came across it on a cancer forum where it was said that a clinic is using it as a
mainstay in cancer treatment.Quoted message said:Is it based on sound science?
Doesn't fly. Sixty eight percent of conventional medicine is NOT based on science.
Quoted message said:I think even you
That's that *even you* again!!
What does that mean?
Quoted message said:would recognise the purported "scientific" basis for the product as technobabble.
Much technobabble comes from you.
Quoted message said:If not you haven't been paying enough attention in your years on this list.
LOL!!!! Attention to whom?????????
Your *arrogance* is abundant.
Quoted message said:On all three grounds this qualifies as quackery, healthfraud,
chralatanism,
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:or any other name you wish to apply.
Peter Moran
Like I asked. has it killed anyone?
Why bother with the tiny issues rather than address the HUGE ones??
You would rather make a big deal out of tamahi, and let REAL health FRAUD slide, just as you did
with Dr. Wilson who committed *deliberate and
repeated*
Quoted message said:fraud, and KILLED a young teenager, and remains on staff.
Now, that is REAL health fraud!
Hey butch, why is it OK for you to totally change the subject when your brain is running on empty?
stupid skeptic tricks are OK when it's your idea huh.
carabelli
Quoted message said:
Jan
You do realise the product only contains calcium carbonate (chalk)? But of course you don't, do you?
Peter Moran
Peter Moran said:
"Orac" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:orac-795CC4.16272411012004@news4-
ge1.srv.hcvlny.cv.net...Quoted message said:In article <[email hidden] .au>, "Peter
Moran said:This new entry to the market has it all.
I'll do you one better:
alexchiu.comalexchiu.comOpen ↗
"Immortality"? Talk about a quack with chutzpah!
Yes, Alex warrants a category of his own. .
Peter
I have a pair of Alex's rings and I haven't died since I got them. There's a testimonial for you.
--
Peter Bowditch
The Millenium Project ratbags.comrsolesOpen ↗
The Green Light ratbags.comgreenlightOpen ↗
and The New Improved Quintessence of the Loon with added Vitamins and C-Q10 ratbags.comloonOpen ↗
To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com
"Peter Bowditch" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
"]news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:Peter Moran said:
"Orac" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:orac-795CC4.16272411012004@news4-
ge1.srv.hcvlny.cv.net...Quoted message said:In article
<[email hidden]
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:Quoted message said:.au>, "Peter Moran" <[email hidden]> wrote:
> This new entry to the market has it all.
>
> tamahi.comtamahi.comOpen ↗I'll do you one better:
alexchiu.comalexchiu.comOpen ↗
"Immortality"? Talk about a quack with chutzpah!
Yes, Alex warrants a category of his own. .
Peter
I have a pair of Alex's rings and I haven't died since I got them. There's a testimonial for you.
This reminds me of a story from HS which I will spare you...(unless you ask).
However, using the brilliant retort by my classmate Tom M. as the basis for mine...
With two immortality rings you will twice as long.
In article <[email hidden]>,
Peter Bowditch said:Peter Moran said:"Orac" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:orac-795CC4.16272411012004@news4-
ge1.srv.hcvlny.cv.net...Quoted message said:In article <[email hidden] .au>, "Peter
Moran" <[email hidden]> wrote:> This new entry to the market has it all.
>
> tamahi.comtamahi.comOpen ↗I'll do you one better:
alexchiu.comalexchiu.comOpen ↗
"Immortality"? Talk about a quack with chutzpah!
Yes, Alex warrants a category of his own. .
Peter
I have a pair of Alex's rings and I haven't died since I got them. There's a testimonial for you.
I was all set to order the immortality rings until I noticed that "t" between the "r" and the "a".
-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net These are my opinions only, but they're almost always
correct. "If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my
shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)
Mark ProbertJanuary 14 said:With two immortality rings you will twice as long.
Twice is nice, but liquor is quiker... ;^]
--
_o Kristofer Dale, _ \<,_ ragged individualist, _____( )/ ( )_____ statistic at large...
p.s. Learn and live, vitaletherapeutics.orgvitaletherapeutics.orgOpen ↗
Active in the last 60 minutes
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.