General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Christine was so mean to me..

Started by The Joneses · · Last activity · 6 posts · 169 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
4 September 2007
Last activity
6 September 2007
Original author
The Joneses
Posts
6
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
169
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–6 of 6
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. She practically *forced* me to travel all that way at 80mph (128kph) up to
    Albuquerque to eat stuff and meet some old friends from a different
    lifetime. I know I knew some of these people before...
    Not only did she drag me around and force me to buy weird food, and some
    cookbooks at Spanish Table store, she made me buy neato food stuff at Trader
    Joe's, my first time and all. Freeze dried mangosteens and f/d rambutans.
    Weird, but good. Thanks to Koko, I now have a Trader Joe's canvas bag. I'll
    never leave home without it, Koko!
    Up in Santa Fe, had lovely time people watching and talking at the
    Farmer's Market, and rested over fabulous salmon tacos and jicama salad and
    all the ice tea we could drink. And mango salsa.
    She has a lovely house, a foodie's dream with big open kitchen & den &
    dining room. Very nice views of Albuquerque out the patio door.
    When she finally tossed me out, I ran right away down to a bookstore in
    Las Cruces and blew the bank on 7 more cookbooks, as many food gardening
    books, and some more herbals. Like I needed more cookbooks. I swear ta gawd,
    Christine's disease is catching, she is so mean to me.
    Edrena

  2. On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 04:17:16 GMT, "The Joneses" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    She practically *forced* me to travel all that way at 80mph (128kph) up to
    Albuquerque to eat stuff and meet some old friends from a different
    lifetime. I know I knew some of these people before...
    Not only did she drag me around and force me to buy weird food, and some
    cookbooks at Spanish Table store, she made me buy neato food stuff at Trader
    Joe's, my first time and all. Freeze dried mangosteens and f/d rambutans.
    Weird, but good. Thanks to Koko, I now have a Trader Joe's canvas bag. I'll
    never leave home without it, Koko!
    Up in Santa Fe, had lovely time people watching and talking at the
    Farmer's Market, and rested over fabulous salmon tacos and jicama salad and
    all the ice tea we could drink. And mango salsa.
    She has a lovely house, a foodie's dream with big open kitchen & den &
    dining room. Very nice views of Albuquerque out the patio door.
    When she finally tossed me out, I ran right away down to a bookstore in
    Las Cruces and blew the bank on 7 more cookbooks, as many food gardening
    books, and some more herbals. Like I needed more cookbooks. I swear ta gawd,
    Christine's disease is catching, she is so mean to me.
    Edrena

    Edrena, it wouldn't have been a proper cook-in had some meanness not
    been bestowed. It is de riguer. Christine would have lost her
    license to be cook-in hostess. Kay Hartman would have come along and
    it would've gotten ugly, blood would be shed, and Christine would be
    the worse for the wear.

    You did your part by allowing her meanness to be. And so it is
    written.

    TammyM

  3. "The Joneses" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    She practically *forced* me to travel all that way at 80mph (128kph) up
    to Albuquerque to eat stuff and meet some old friends from a different
    lifetime. I know I knew some of these people before...
    Not only did she drag me around and force me to buy weird food, and some
    cookbooks at Spanish Table store, she made me buy neato food stuff at
    Trader Joe's, my first time and all. Freeze dried mangosteens and f/d
    rambutans. Weird, but good. Thanks to Koko, I now have a Trader Joe's
    canvas bag. I'll never leave home without it, Koko!
    Up in Santa Fe, had lovely time people watching and talking at the
    Farmer's Market, and rested over fabulous salmon tacos and jicama salad
    and all the ice tea we could drink. And mango salsa.
    She has a lovely house, a foodie's dream with big open kitchen & den &
    dining room. Very nice views of Albuquerque out the patio door.
    When she finally tossed me out, I ran right away down to a bookstore in
    Las Cruces and blew the bank on 7 more cookbooks, as many food gardening
    books, and some more herbals. Like I needed more cookbooks. I swear ta
    gawd, Christine's disease is catching, she is so mean to me.
    Edrena

    It must be hell out there!!!!!

  4. Ophelia said:

    It must be hell out there!!!!!

    If you haven't ever participated in a cook-in, you have absolutely now
    idea how much "meaness" there is. Somehow, we've all survived to tell
    about it. LOLOL

    --

    Ham and eggs.
    A day's work for the chicken, a lifetime commitment for the pig.

  5. <sf> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Ophelia said:

    It must be hell out there!!!!!

    If you haven't ever participated in a cook-in, you have absolutely now
    idea how much "meaness" there is. Somehow, we've all survived to tell
    about it. LOLOL

    No I haven't🙁 I can only hope🙂

  6. sf said:
    Ophelia said:

    It must be hell out there!!!!!

    If you haven't ever participated in a cook-in, you have absolutely now
    idea how much "meaness" there is. Somehow, we've all survived to tell
    about it. LOLOL

    No one has ever been mean to me at a cook-in, even my own :-( And I
    have even sous chef-ed for KayH!

    TammyM

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.