General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

[Chestnut dumplings] Reality show! First photos

Started by Pandora · · Last activity · 51 posts · 1,522 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
28 July 2005
Last activity
3 August 2005
Original author
Pandora
Posts
51
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,522
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 51
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I've made now without potatoes. I'm not a magician and I'haven't buy them
    🙂))
    Look.
    http://tinypic.com/9jjbm9
    http://tinypic.com/9jjdcl.jpg
    http://tinypic.com/9jjds6
    http://tinypic.com/9jje6s
    Now I must go because I have the water on the fire.
    Then I tell you
    Bye Bye
    Pandora

  2. The dish finished:
    http://tinypic.com/9jkaab.jpg
    See you later, then I tell you
    I go to make the chestnut dumplings with potatoes now.
    These one are too hard, like I presumed!
    Cheers
    Pandora

  3. These gnocchi was made (this evening) with potatoes and chestnut flours.
    More soft, more digestible, perhaps less beautiful than the others.

    Recipe of this:
    FOR GNOCCHI:
    200 gr. of potatoes
    150 gr. chestnut flour
    50 gr. normal flour
    ---------------------
    Boil potatoes till they are soft. Then, when they are stil hot, discard the
    skin.
    Put them in the potato musher and assemble them over the pastry board.
    http://tinypic.com/9jlvf8.jpg

    Make an hole and put inside 2 whole eggs. Beat the eggs with a fork; then
    add chestnut flour and begin to knead with your hands.
    If necessary (if the mixture is too soft, add some white flour).
    When is ready, make long snakes that you will cut like the photo of the
    precedent
    post. Put every "gnocco" on a tray (over which you have put a floured
    napkin).
    Meanwhile you have put on the fire a big pot full of salted water. Put
    inside also a spoon of oil.
    When the water boil put your gnocchi (few at a time) inside.
    Gnocchi are ready when they come to the surface. Take them out with a
    strainer and put in the frying pan with the sauce.
    (you can season this gnocchi only with some liquefied butter and sage).

    RACLETTE SAUCE
    http://tinypic.com/9jlwzt.jpg
    3 glass of milk
    150 gr of Raclette cheese;
    butter,
    salt
    black pepper
    sage.
    ---------------------------

    In a frying pan put the butter; liquefy it and then add the milk, pepper,
    salt and minced sage.
    At this point put the minced cheese and mix till you see a cream.
    If it is too liquid, put inside some teaspoons of potato starch.
    Put your gnocchi in the frying pan with the hot cream and serve at instant.
    http://tinypic.com/9jlx6p.jpg

    I hope you will enjoy this recipe.
    Cheers
    Pandora

  4. "Pandora" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    These gnocchi was made (this evening) with potatoes and chestnut flours.
    More soft, more digestible, perhaps less beautiful than the others.

    Recipe of this:
    FOR GNOCCHI:
    200 gr. of potatoes
    150 gr. chestnut flour
    50 gr. normal flour

    Sorry, I have trascripted wrong. It was 500 gr. of potatoes with skin, 150
    of chestnut flour, 50 gr of white flour.
    Excuse me, I was in a Hurry!
    Pandora

  5. Pandora said:

    http://tinypic.com/9jjbm9
    http://tinypic.com/9jjdcl.jpg
    http://tinypic.com/9jjds6
    http://tinypic.com/9jje6s

    Only the 2nd URL worked for me, but the dumplings are adorable.

    serene

  6. Pandora said:

    http://tinypic.com/9jkaab.jpg

    Did you use a fork to make those shapes? That's how I've seen it done,
    but I've never tried to make gnocchi. It's intimidating for me, but I
    may give it a shot next time I am feeling ambitious.

    serene

  7. "serene" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Pandora said:

    http://tinypic.com/9jkaab.jpg

    Did you use a fork to make those shapes? That's how I've seen it done,
    but I've never tried to make gnocchi. It's intimidating for me, but I
    may give it a shot next time I am feeling ambitious.

    No. It isn't a fork, it is a channelled chopping board. I put in my photo.
    Try to look this

    Quoted message said:

    http://tinypic.com/9joocg.jpg


    http://tinypic.com/9joq3c.jpg

    Anyway is very simple to make Gnocchi! Don't be afraid!
    You can also make them without grooves.
    Cheers
    Pandora

  8. Pandora said:

    "serene" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Pandora said:

    http://tinypic.com/9jkaab.jpg

    Did you use a fork to make those shapes? That's how I've seen it done,
    but I've never tried to make gnocchi. It's intimidating for me, but I
    may give it a shot next time I am feeling ambitious.

    No. It isn't a fork, it is a channelled chopping board. I put in my photo.
    Try to look this

    Quoted message said:

    http://tinypic.com/9joocg.jpg


    http://tinypic.com/9joq3c.jpg

    I see the chopping board, but I still don't understand what you mean.
    Can you explain?

    Quoted message said:


    Anyway is very simple to make Gnocchi! Don't be afraid!
    You can also make them without grooves.

    I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

    serene

  9. On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 13:29:31 -0700, [email hidden] (serene)

    Quoted message said:
    Pandora said:

    http://tinypic.com/9jjbm9
    http://tinypic.com/9jjdcl.jpg
    http://tinypic.com/9jjds6
    http://tinypic.com/9jje6s

    Only the 2nd URL worked for me, but the dumplings are adorable.


    I tried adding "jpg" to the end but that didn't help.

    Sue(tm)
    Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!

  10. "serene" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Pandora said:

    "serene" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Pandora <[email hidden]> wrote:

    > http://tinypic.com/9jkaab.jpg

    Did you use a fork to make those shapes? That's how I've seen it done,
    but I've never tried to make gnocchi. It's intimidating for me, but I
    may give it a shot next time I am feeling ambitious.

    No. It isn't a fork, it is a channelled chopping board. I put in my
    photo.
    Try to look this

    Quoted message said:

    http://tinypic.com/9joocg.jpg


    http://tinypic.com/9joq3c.jpg

    I see the chopping board, but I still don't understand what you mean.
    Can you explain?

    I put the Gnocco over the Channelled chopping board and with my thumb I roll
    it over making a light pressure. The Gnocco will come out channelled with a
    cavity on one side (the side where you put the thumb).
    Gnocco with cavity is much more digestible, light and beautiful than a round
    whole gnocco.
    Cheers
    Pandora

  11. "Curly Sue" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 13:29:31 -0700, [email hidden] (serene)

    Quoted message said:
    Pandora said:

    http://tinypic.com/9jjbm9
    http://tinypic.com/9jjdcl.jpg
    http://tinypic.com/9jjds6
    http://tinypic.com/9jje6s

    Only the 2nd URL worked for me, but the dumplings are adorable.


    I tried adding "jpg" to the end but that didn't help.

    I send you others.Yesterday, Tinypic had some problems.
    Look:

    http://tinypic.com/9k5r47.jpg
    http://tinypic.com/9k5rg4.jpg
    http://tinypic.com/9k5rnn.jpg
    http://tinypic.com/9k5s04.jpg

    Hoping you can see these.
    Cheers
    Pandora

  12. Pandora said:

    I put the Gnocco over the Channelled chopping board and with my thumb I roll
    it over making a light pressure. The Gnocco will come out channelled with a
    cavity on one side (the side where you put the thumb).
    Gnocco with cavity is much more digestible, light and beautiful than a round
    whole gnocco.

    Thanks! The channels aren't clear to me in the picture. Thanks for the
    explanation. Guy (one of my husbands) and I are planning to make this
    next time we're in the mood to cook.

    serene

  13. "serene" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Pandora said:

    I put the Gnocco over the Channelled chopping board and with my thumb I
    roll
    it over making a light pressure. The Gnocco will come out channelled with
    a
    cavity on one side (the side where you put the thumb).
    Gnocco with cavity is much more digestible, light and beautiful than a
    round
    whole gnocco.

    Thanks! The channels aren't clear to me in the picture. Thanks for the
    explanation. Guy (one of my husbands) and I are planning to make this
    next time we're in the mood to cook.

    And the other husbands?????
    Did you lend him? 🙂)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
    Pandora

    Quoted message said:


    serene

  14. Pandora said:

    "serene" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Thanks! The channels aren't clear to me in the picture. Thanks for the
    explanation. Guy (one of my husbands) and I are planning to make this
    next time we're in the mood to cook.

    And the other husbands?????
    Did you lend him? 🙂)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

    *grin* No, the other husband (James) and I don't usually cook together.
    Sometimes we do, but usually I cook for him or he cooks for me. Guy and
    I, on the other hand, like to find a recipe for something fun (last
    time, it was citrus jelly made from his Meyer lemons) and make it in his
    swanky (fancy) new kitchen.

    And my wife doesn't cook at all, unless you count pushing the buttons on
    the microwave. :-)

    serene

  15. "serene" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Pandora said:

    "serene" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Thanks! The channels aren't clear to me in the picture. Thanks for the
    explanation. Guy (one of my husbands) and I are planning to make this
    next time we're in the mood to cook.

    And the other husbands?????
    Did you lend him? 🙂)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

    *grin* No, the other husband (James) and I don't usually cook together.
    Sometimes we do, but usually I cook for him or he cooks for me.

    Ohhh! What a romantic scene!

    Guy and

    Quoted message said:

    I, on the other hand, like to find a recipe for something fun (last
    time, it was citrus jelly made from his Meyer lemons) and make it in his
    swanky (fancy) new kitchen.

    Is James jealous of Guy?

    Quoted message said:


    And my wife doesn't cook at all, unless you count pushing the buttons on
    the microwave. :-)

    serene

    Ohhhhhh! I understand: you have two husbands and one wife!
    But who are you? An husband or a wife?
    Oh my God. I think that sumertime is beginning to make effect on my poor
    head 🙂))
    Pandora

  16. Pandora said:

    "serene" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    *grin* No, the other husband (James) and I don't usually cook together.
    Sometimes we do, but usually I cook for him or he cooks for me.

    Ohhh! What a romantic scene!

    :-) We take turns, but for our parties, we work together, and I really
    like that. And James is a good cook, but I like cooking more than he
    does, so I do most of the cooking when we're not having a party. (But
    he's happy to fix us udon or yaki soba or a tuna sandwich if I don't
    feel up to making us food. And his mushroom omelettes are
    yummalicious.)

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Guy and
    I, on the other hand, like to find a recipe for something fun (last
    time, it was citrus jelly made from his Meyer lemons) and make it in his
    swanky (fancy) new kitchen.

    Is James jealous of Guy?

    Nope. They're very sweet to each other. When we all hang out together,
    I really like watching them relate to each other. It's very sweet.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    And my wife doesn't cook at all, unless you count pushing the buttons on
    the microwave. :-)

    Quoted message said:


    Ohhhhhh! I understand: you have two husbands and one wife!
    But who are you? An husband or a wife?
    Oh my God. I think that sumertime is beginning to make effect on my poor
    head 🙂))

    *giggle* I'm a wife. I know, it's confusing sometimes, but our life is
    pretty much like anyone else's married life, just with more people.

    ObFood: Today I will try to figure out which gnocchi recipe to make,
    and then tomorrow, Guy and I are going to make gnocchi and lemon jelly.
    He's running out of jelly, and he really likes it, especially because
    it's made from his own lemons.

    Hey, Pandora (and anyone else), what sauce do you usually put on
    gnocchi? There was this great place in San Diego (La Mesa, actually)
    that used to make it with a mushroom-and-wine sauce, but I haven't had
    it since.

    serene

  17. "serene" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Pandora said:

    "serene" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    *grin* No, the other husband (James) and I don't usually cook
    together.
    Sometimes we do, but usually I cook for him or he cooks for me.

    Ohhh! What a romantic scene!

    :-) We take turns, but for our parties, we work together, and I really
    like that. And James is a good cook, but I like cooking more than he
    does, so I do most of the cooking when we're not having a party. (But
    he's happy to fix us udon or yaki soba or a tuna sandwich if I don't
    feel up to making us food. And his mushroom omelettes are
    yummalicious.)

    Good! I love omelettes, and I love mushrooms. Can you lend me James?

    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Guy and
    I, on the other hand, like to find a recipe for something fun (last
    time, it was citrus jelly made from his Meyer lemons) and make it in
    his
    swanky (fancy) new kitchen.

    Is James jealous of Guy?

    Nope. They're very sweet to each other. When we all hang out together,
    I really like watching them relate to each other. It's very sweet.

    Ohhhhh! Wonderful! So, I think that the jealous are you 🙂))

    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    And my wife doesn't cook at all, unless you count pushing the buttons
    on
    the microwave. :-)

    Quoted message said:


    Ohhhhhh! I understand: you have two husbands and one wife!
    But who are you? An husband or a wife?
    Oh my God. I think that sumertime is beginning to make effect on my poor
    head 🙂))

    *giggle* I'm a wife. I know, it's confusing sometimes, but our life is
    pretty much like anyone else's married life, just with more people.

    Ah! Ok! You are a very lucky person🙂)))

    Quoted message said:


    ObFood: Today I will try to figure out which gnocchi recipe to make,
    and then tomorrow, Guy and I are going to make gnocchi and lemon jelly.
    He's running out of jelly, and he really likes it, especially because
    it's made from his own lemons.

    Sorry, I don't understand: You would like to put lemon jelly over Gnocchi?

    Quoted message said:


    Hey, Pandora (and anyone else), what sauce do you usually put on
    gnocchi?


    In the centre of Italy we often use *ragù* (tomatos sauce with meat). In
    nothern Italy the put cream with mushrooms or fontina sauce ( like I
    explained).
    other persons use the famous *Pesto alla genovese* (a sort of basil sauce
    with pine-seed, oil, Reggiano and Romano cheese).

    There was this great place in San Diego (La Mesa, actually)

    Quoted message said:

    that used to make it with a mushroom-and-wine sauce, but I haven't had
    it since.

    I haven't try this sauce. If I see the recipe I can tell you if it could be
    good for gnocchi.
    Cheers to husbands and wives!
    Pandora

  18. Pandora said:

    "serene" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    :-) We take turns, but for our parties, we work together, and I really
    like that. And James is a good cook, but I like cooking more than he
    does, so I do most of the cooking when we're not having a party. (But
    he's happy to fix us udon or yaki soba or a tuna sandwich if I don't
    feel up to making us food. And his mushroom omelettes are
    yummalicious.)

    Good! I love omelettes, and I love mushrooms. Can you lend me James?

    *grin* Sure!

    <snip>

    Quoted message said:

    Ah! Ok! You are a very lucky person🙂)))

    Yep!

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    ObFood: Today I will try to figure out which gnocchi recipe to make,
    and then tomorrow, Guy and I are going to make gnocchi and lemon jelly.
    He's running out of jelly, and he really likes it, especially because
    it's made from his own lemons.

    Sorry, I don't understand: You would like to put lemon jelly over Gnocchi?

    nonono, two separate things. He's running out of the jelly we made last
    time, so we'll make more. Then for dinner we'll make gnocchi, I'm
    thinking.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Hey, Pandora (and anyone else), what sauce do you usually put on
    gnocchi?


    In the centre of Italy we often use *ragù* (tomatos sauce with meat). In
    nothern Italy the put cream with mushrooms or fontina sauce ( like I
    explained).
    other persons use the famous *Pesto alla genovese* (a sort of basil sauce
    with pine-seed, oil, Reggiano and Romano cheese).

    There was this great place in San Diego (La Mesa, actually)

    Quoted message said:

    that used to make it with a mushroom-and-wine sauce, but I haven't had
    it since.

    I haven't try this sauce. If I see the recipe I can tell you if it could be
    good for gnocchi.
    Cheers to husbands and wives!

    Thanks! :-)

    serene

  19. On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 08:01:53 +0200, "Pandora" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:


    "Curly Sue" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 13:29:31 -0700, [email hidden] (serene)

    Quoted message said:

    Pandora <[email hidden]> wrote:

    > http://tinypic.com/9jjbm9
    > http://tinypic.com/9jjdcl.jpg
    > http://tinypic.com/9jjds6
    > http://tinypic.com/9jje6s

    Only the 2nd URL worked for me, but the dumplings are adorable.


    I tried adding "jpg" to the end but that didn't help.

    I send you others.Yesterday, Tinypic had some problems.
    Look:

    http://tinypic.com/9k5r47.jpg
    http://tinypic.com/9k5rg4.jpg
    http://tinypic.com/9k5rnn.jpg
    http://tinypic.com/9k5s04.jpg

    Hoping you can see these.
    Cheers
    Pandora

    They're gorgeous and I'll bet they taste delicious! I have a gnocchi
    paddle I bought a few years back and will use it when I make this.
    Thank you, Pandora!!

    TammyM
    Sacramento, California

  20. "TammyM" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 08:01:53 +0200, "Pandora" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:


    "Curly Sue" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 13:29:31 -0700, [email hidden] (serene)
    wrote:

    >Pandora <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >
    >> http://tinypic.com/9jjbm9
    >> http://tinypic.com/9jjdcl.jpg
    >> http://tinypic.com/9jjds6
    >> http://tinypic.com/9jje6s
    >
    >Only the 2nd URL worked for me, but the dumplings are adorable.
    >
    I tried adding "jpg" to the end but that didn't help.

    I send you others.Yesterday, Tinypic had some problems.
    Look:

    http://tinypic.com/9k5r47.jpg
    http://tinypic.com/9k5rg4.jpg
    http://tinypic.com/9k5rnn.jpg
    http://tinypic.com/9k5s04.jpg

    Hoping you can see these.
    Cheers
    Pandora

    They're gorgeous and I'll bet they taste delicious! I have a gnocchi
    paddle I bought a few years back and will use it when I make this.
    Thank you, Pandora!!

    TammyM
    Sacramento, California

    What is a *Gnocchi paddle*?
    Pandora

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.