Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion

Cheap SS candidate.. be quick (ends in 32mins)

Started by hippy · · Last activity · 7 posts · 427 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Australia and New Zealand
Published
2 August 2004
Last activity
3 August 2004
Original author
hippy
Posts
7
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
427
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–7 of 7
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=7298&item=3690804112&rd=1

    hippy

  2. "hippy" <[email hidden]> wrote in
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=7298&item=369
    0804112&rd=1

    hippy

    Pah! $10! Do you guys not have council pick-ups over east? They have them
    here in Perth where once a year people can stick their bulky rubbish on the
    roadside and have it picked up. That's a wonderful source of *free* donor
    bikes for whatever project you have in mind. It does seem to be mainly
    bkies/furniture/really old PCs that you see down most streets.

    Graeme

  3. Graeme said:

    "hippy" <[email hidden]> wrote in
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=7298&item=369
    0804112&rd=1

    hippy

    Pah! $10! Do you guys not have council pick-ups over east? They have them
    here in Perth where once a year people can stick their bulky rubbish on the
    roadside and have it picked up. That's a wonderful source of *free* donor
    bikes for whatever project you have in mind. It does seem to be mainly
    bkies/furniture/really old PCs that you see down most streets.

    Graeme

    totally agree! picked my SS frame and bits up in the hard rubbish collection and IN NORTH BALWYN!!!

    now, if someone would just leave an ol track frame out for me...

  4. Quoted message said:

    Graeme
    Pah! $10! Do you guys not have council pick-ups over east?

    Yeah.. but early mornings I'm out riding :P

    Actually, the only time I saw anything cool in hard rubbish here was
    an exercise bike. I drove past it on the way home, decided I would
    go back and get it for a proper ergo conversion and no joke, in 10
    mins, it was nabbed by some other cheeky bugger!! :P No fair!!

    I figured $10 was pretty close to $0 if someone was desperate.. 🙂

    hippy

  5. hippy <[email hidden]> wrote in
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    Yeah.. but early mornings I'm out riding :P

    Is that "early mornings" as in "cover of darkness" as you don't want the
    shame of being spotted, or do they only allow you to put stuff out the
    night before where you are?

    I've got no shame whatsoever and have wandered up to have a quick check as
    people have been putting their stuff out (as you've seen yourself, you have
    to be quick). The council here have cottoned on to the fact that if you let
    people put their junk out days (or even a week) before pickup then half the
    stuff has been lifted before they even get there.

    I think I'm becoming too fussy though, last week I went across the road to
    check out a bike. It had decent tyres, so I wheeled it back to my garage,
    removed the tyres and wheeled it back to its original rubbish pile 🙂

    Graeme

  6. Quoted message said:

    Graeme

    Quoted message said:

    Is that "early mornings" as in "cover of darkness" as you don't want the
    shame of being spotted, or do they only allow you to put stuff out the
    night before where you are?

    Shame? What shame? 🙂
    I have no qualms picking up something I want from a junk pile. The problem
    seems to be that my area has nothing but dead fridges, paint tins and 300
    year-old cupboards..

    Quoted message said:

    I think I'm becoming too fussy though, last week I went across the road
    to check out a bike. It had decent tyres, so I wheeled it back to my
    garage, removed the tyres and wheeled it back to its original rubbish
    pile 🙂

    I would've kept the bike.. just to add another one to my total in the vain
    hope of hitting double figures!! 🙂

    Speaking of which.. my LBSG gave me a nice, used, bmx for helping with his
    computers. Nice work if you can get it! 🙂 That's about 7 bikes now I think..

    hippy

  7. hippy <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    Actually, the only time I saw anything cool in hard rubbish here was
    an exercise bike. I drove past it on the way home, decided I would
    go back and get it for a proper ergo conversion and no joke, in 10
    mins, it was nabbed by some other cheeky bugger!! :P No fair!!

    I scored a pretty niced fixed gear from the rubbish heap last year.
    1947 Malvern Star five star, beautifully fillet brazed, and with paint
    to die for.

    Worth a tad more than $10, too, I'd reckon.

    Regards,

    Suzy

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.