Also applies if you shop by car, that's what all those pipes are for.
True, but it applies to other liquids as well. If you're wanting to buy any drinks in quantity, be they bottled water, lemonade, wine etc, they will be heavy.
For the lemonade get a Sodastream. The CO2 cyclider is not that heavy and will carbonate a lot of liquid. No way round the wine however.
-- CTC Right to Ride Representative for Richmond upon Thames
Every time I have to drive in the centre of York, I wish I could have gone by bike or by bus.
Every time I need to cross the centre of York on a bus, I wish I could have been on a bike. It could just be the route I use, but crossing town on a bus is painfully slow. -- Chris Johns
True, but it applies to other liquids as well. If you're wanting to buy any drinks in quantity, be they bottled water, lemonade, wine etc, they will be heavy.
Quoted message said:
For the lemonade get a Sodastream. The CO2 cyclider is not that heavy and will carbonate a lot of liquid. No way round the wine however.
I get (pretty much all) my wine from Virgin Wines. They deliver it to your house, and if you're not in they will leave it in a shed or wherever, or with a neighbour.
I think at least some of the other wine sellers do a similar thing. -- Chris Johns
Every time I need to cross the centre of York on a bus, I wish I could have been on a bike. It could just be the route I use, but crossing town on a bus is painfully slow.
It is, but at least on a bus you can relax and read a book/newspaper, rather than having to concentrate on the traffic like you do in a car.
-- Stevie D \\\\\ ///// Bringing dating agencies to the \\\\\\\__X__/////// common hedgehog since 2001 - "HedgeHugs" ___\\\\\\\'/ \'///////_____________________________________________
True, but it applies to other liquids as well. If you're wanting to buy any drinks in quantity, be they bottled water, lemonade, wine etc, they will be heavy.
I get beer and apple juice by trailer - no problem. I moved four dozen beer bottles once when our local Safeway discounted their entire stock to half price, and that's _rather_ more than a week's supply... -- David Damerell <[email hidden]> Kill the tomato! Today is First Monday, November.
True, but it applies to other liquids as well. If you're wanting to buy any drinks in quantity, be they bottled water, lemonade, wine etc, they will be heavy.
I get beer and apple juice by trailer - no problem. I moved four dozen beer bottles once when our local Safeway discounted their entire stock to half price, and that's _rather_ more than a week's supply...
I sometimes do the shopping with my trailer - I can get a full supermarket trolley load in the trailer, so unless people go round the supermarket with 2 trollies it's hardly a limiting factor.
(Although I've never understood this bizarre idea of buying bottled water at the supermarket. Most people can't tell the difference in a blind tasting.)
(Although I've never understood this bizarre idea of buying bottled water at the supermarket. Most people can't tell the difference in a blind tasting.)
I used to think the same way until I moved to London in the 80's. In Manchester (where I grew up) the tap water was clean and fresh, in London it tasted like it had been through several other people first (which it had!)
I also found out what shaving foam was for, as soap doesn't work there either.
True, but it applies to other liquids as well. If you're wanting to buy any drinks in quantity, be they bottled water, lemonade, wine etc, they will be heavy.
Quoted message said:
For the lemonade get a Sodastream. The CO2 cyclider is not that heavy and will carbonate a lot of liquid. No way round the wine however.
I get (pretty much all) my wine from Virgin Wines. They deliver it to your house, and if you're not in they will leave it in a shed or wherever, or with a neighbour.
Not with /my/ neighbours they won't! :-) But then again, I think they're beer drinkers.
Quoted message said:
I think at least some of the other wine sellers do a similar thing. -- Chris Johns
Paul Rudin <[email hidden]> wrote: I used to think the same way until I moved to London in the 80's. In Manchester (where I grew up) the tap water was clean and fresh, in London it tasted like it had been through several other people first (which it had!)
It varies from place to place. In my first London flat it was horrible and I generalised that all London water was bad, but half a mile away it is fine.
On a recent holiday up a mountain I was very disappointed to find the tap water was vile. It turned out that it came from a fresh mountain spring, but had so much disolved mineral content that it would quickly fur up all the pipes and heaters if they didn't shove it through a huge water softener first, which made it taste horrible. Had to buy bottled until I found that across the road they had a different supply.