Hi: I am planning on having George Reynolds build a "t-bone" for me and I have some specific questions on a seat. I happen to be 6'9" tall, 220 lbs (basketball player) and I like the idea of getting a carbon fiber seat. Is there anyone out there who can advise me as to a specific brand that might be able to fit me? M5 versus others? Thanks! Dan Bennett
Recumbent bicycles · Public discussion
Carbon fiber seat for 6'9" guy
Thread navigation
Jump through the discussion
Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.
Thread details
What we know about this thread
- Original section
- Recumbent bicycles
- Published
- 26 January 2004
- Last activity
- 27 January 2004
- Original author
- Daniel Bennett
- Posts
- 6
- Discussion status
- Public discussion
- Total views
- 1,053
- Views / 30 days
- 0
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
-
-
I don't know if it helps, but the new "grasshopper" from HPVelotechnik has an adjustable carbon fibre seat. I dont know whether this would adjust enough for you, but it might be worthwhile checking with them. The website is www.hpvelotechnik.com
Best of luck
Quoted post said:
Originally posted by Daniel Bennett
Hi: I am planning on having George Reynolds build a "t-bone" for me and I have some specific questions on a seat. I happen to be 6'9" tall, 220 lbs (basketball player) and I like the idea of getting a carbon fiber seat. Is there anyone out there who can advise me as to a specific brand that might be able to fit me? M5 versus others? Thanks! Dan Bennett -
Given that I am 6'2" and that the large Optima fiberglass seat was too large for me (the medium
CF seat fit perfect) I would expect that the X-Large seat from Optima may fit you pretty well.
After Optima is a Dutch brand which happens to be the country with the tallest population (on
average). CraigDaniel Bennett <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:<[email hidden]>...Quoted message said:
Hi: I am planning on having George Reynolds build a "t-bone" for me and I have some specific
questions on a seat. I happen to be 6'9" tall, 220 lbs (basketball player) and I like the idea of
getting a carbon fiber seat. Is there anyone out there who can advise me as to a specific brand
that might be able to fit me? M5 versus others? Thanks! Dan Bennett--
-
Seat size is not really dependent only on height. Much depends on torso length so be careful I have
seen people 6'2" and 6"3 elect for different size seats. The 6'2" rider had a long torso and was
comfortable with a large M5 seat the 6'3" rider with a shorter torso was taller but the standard
seat was a better fit.Jude
"Daniel Bennett" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
"]news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
Hi: I am planning on having George Reynolds build a "t-bone" for me and I
have some specific questions on a seat. I happen to be 6'9" tall, 220 lbs (basketball player) and I
like the idea of getting a carbon fiber seat. Is there anyone out there who can advise me as to a
specific brand that might be able to fit me? M5 versus others? Thanks! Dan BennettQuoted message said:
--
-
What Jude said. I recall a chap about the same height as me - 6'3" or thereabouts. My Kingcycle had
a large frame with the seat as far back as it would go. He rode a medium. It looked /most/
peculiar...--
Dave Larrington - legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uklegslarry.beerdrinkers.co.ukOpen ↗
===========================================================
Editor - British Human Power Club Newsletter
bhpc.org.ukbhpc.org.ukOpen ↗
=========================================================== -
"Dave Larrington" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...
Quoted message said:
What Jude said. I recall a chap about the same height as me - 6'3" or thereabouts. My Kingcycle
had a large frame with the seat as far back as it would go. He rode a medium. It looked /most/
peculiar...Yeah, what Dave said... I'm 6'4"-ish and my wife's 5'10", yet our seat adjustments are nearly
identical. Peculiar, eh?Jeff
Active in the last 60 minutes
Active in this thread
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.