I have been joggin (as well as a lot of other stuff) since being on Atkins, I am eating about 80 to 100 grams of carbs per day and maintaning my weight now.
What I would like to know is how many carb grams are burned in a 5km (3 mile) run that uses about 430 calories? Are there any calculators on the net for this?
Thanks,
Michael 205/180/175 <-- yeah just 5 pounds to go, but I look so hot at 180. 🙂
-- Life has taught me that it is not for our faults that we are disliked and even hated, but for our qualities. - Bernard Berenson
"Michael" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
I have been joggin (as well as a lot of other stuff) since being on Atkins, I am eating about 80 to 100 grams of carbs per day and maintaning my weight now.
What I would like to know is how many carb grams are burned in a 5km (3 mile) run that uses about 430 calories? Are there any calculators on the net for this?
Thanks,
Michael 205/180/175 <-- yeah just 5 pounds to go, but I look so hot at 180. 🙂
I have been joggin (as well as a lot of other stuff) since being on Atkins, I am eating about 80 to 100 grams of carbs per day and maintaning my weight now.
What I would like to know is how many carb grams are burned in a 5km (3 mile) run that uses about 430 calories? Are there any calculators on the net for this?
Thanks,
Michael 205/180/175 <-- yeah just 5 pounds to go, but I look so hot at 180. 🙂
You don't burn carbs but calories. You can't predict that X calories will burn specifically N carbs and not Y protein or Z Fat grams.
If you are looking for generic conversion rates is it 4-4-9
4 calories per carb 4 calories per protein 9 calories per fat
and the lesser mentioned 7 calories per alcohol
DiGiTAL_ViNYL (no email) 350/279/Jun-273/200 Atkins since Jan 12, 2004 OWL-40 carbs/day (CCLL=50-60)
"DigitalVinyl" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
Michael said:
I have been joggin (as well as a lot of other stuff) since being on Atkins, I am eating about 80 to 100 grams of carbs per day and maintaning my weight now.
What I would like to know is how many carb grams are burned in a 5km (3 mile) run that uses about 430 calories? Are there any calculators on the net for this?
Thanks,
Michael 205/180/175 <-- yeah just 5 pounds to go, but I look so hot at 180. 🙂
You don't burn carbs but calories. You can't predict that X calories will burn specifically N carbs and not Y protein or Z Fat grams.
You can approximate those values if you know how much of the exercise is anaerobic as compared to aerobic.
What, you can't read? [censored] moron ruins a thread again.
Looks like it's all more complicated than expected. Not really going to go to the extend of calculating anaerobic against aerobic just to determn e carb burn.
(guess you didn't catch that part where I was responding to DV)
-- Now [censored]. You cannot possibly be this stupid and remember to breathe. You must be trolling. -- Carmen
"Michael" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
Do you exercise at all?
What, you can't read? [censored] moron ruins a thread again.
Looks like it's all more complicated than expected. Not really going to go to the extend of calculating anaerobic against aerobic just to determn e carb burn.
Michael said, Looks like it's all more complicated than expected. Not really going to go to the extend of calculating anaerobic against aerobic just to determn e carb burn.
Becky says, Can you explain it, DigitalVinyl or JC? or send me to a website that might explain it. I'm very curious about this.
curious wrote: || Michael said, || Looks like it's all more complicated than expected. Not really going || to go to the extend of calculating anaerobic against aerobic just to || determn e carb burn. || || Becky says, || Can you explain it, DigitalVinyl or JC? or send me to a website that || might explain it. I'm very curious about this.
It's very doubtful that anyone could explain the calculation of how many carbs are burned by exercise. One can obviouly make very general comments about which activites use various kinds of fuels, but the fact is almost any activity will tap some amount of glucose energy and some amount of fat energy.
Perhaps the easist way to determine if a given amount of exercise burns a give amounts of carbs is just to check for reentry into ketosis. And probably the best source for reading on the topic is Lyle McDonalds "The Ketogenic Diet" since he is discusses carb ups, exercise, and reentering ketosis.
Here are some articles on the body's four energy systems. None of them even come close to providing the sort of calculator you asked for. Here's what I'm wondering: most people are more interested in how much fat their exercise burns, on the assumption that fat burned = fat lost. So I am curious why you are focusing on carbs burned?
"Roger Zoul" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
curious wrote: || Michael said, || Looks like it's all more complicated than expected. Not really going || to go to the extend of calculating anaerobic against aerobic just to || determn e carb burn. || || Becky says, || Can you explain it, DigitalVinyl or JC? or send me to a website that || might explain it. I'm very curious about this.
It's very doubtful that anyone could explain the calculation of how many carbs are burned by exercise. One can obviouly make very general comments about which activites use various kinds of fuels, but the fact is almost
any
Quoted message said:
activity will tap some amount of glucose energy and some amount of fat energy.
Perhaps the easist way to determine if a given amount of exercise burns a give amounts of carbs is just to check for reentry into ketosis. And probably the best source for reading on the topic is Lyle McDonalds "The Ketogenic Diet" since he is discusses carb ups, exercise, and reentering ketosis.
What he said. Also, there's always that mysterious Google search thing that someone obliquely referred to once or twice.
Becky says, Should be. I'll check it out but sometimes a link given by someone "who knows" saves tons of time in checking out sites that 1. require payment or registration, or 2. lots of information but not what I really need.
"curious" <curious@noemailshown> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
JC asked, "Is Google your friend?"
Becky says, Should be. I'll check it out but sometimes a link given by someone "who knows" saves tons of time in checking out sites that 1. require payment or registration, or 2. lots of information but not what I really need.
Thanks, Becky P.
Here's some slightly advance Google advice:
Go to Google group that might have the information you need, in this case misc.fitness.weights might do the trick. Below the search box click where it says to search only in that group. This will narrow your search considerably, and it will also be confined to past group discussions, instead of including pay sites.