Today I arrived at a race in awesome shape, felt great and ready to destroy. But the race was canceled due to obscene amounts of rain, and rescheduled two weeks from now. Next weekend is the road race state championships. I have been cutting back training to try to peak for this race and hold it through the next weekend for state championships. So now to my question:
After not training hard in a two weeks, how can I hold on to my form for the next two weeks, ideally having top form for next weekends race and still hold it for the week after? Next weekend is higher priority than the weekend after, but only slightly.
Thanks for any advice, I've been freaking out over this for the last four hours.
What do you mean you haven't trained hard in two weeks? Even during peaking, riders tend to get some really good rides in.
Anyway, you can usually hold your great form together for a number of weeks by doing normal maintanence rides. If you are used to doing a Tues night crit, get at it. If you are an interval person, do a bunch, but not to exhaustion.
Just stop worrying, ride normal, sleep extra and then race to win.🙂
What do you mean you haven't trained hard in two weeks? Even during peaking, riders tend to get some really good rides in.
Anyway, you can usually hold your great form together for a number of weeks by doing normal maintanence rides. If you are used to doing a Tues night crit, get at it. If you are an interval person, do a bunch, but not to exhaustion.
Just stop worrying, ride normal, sleep extra and then race to win.🙂
Thanks for replying. During my peaking period i did some hard intervals, but fewer than I normally would. Between that and the lower volume I doubt it helped my fitness. However, I should have time for some mainenance. Today I did a fairly tough 3 hr ride. I think Tuesday I'll do a hard group ride, then rest and keep the legs fresh until the sunday race. Then just recover from that for the next sunday, with maybe something short and hard tuesday and thursday.
Thanks for replying. During my peaking period i did some hard intervals, but fewer than I normally would. Between that and the lower volume I doubt it helped my fitness. However, I should have time for some mainenance. Today I did a fairly tough 3 hr ride. I think Tuesday I'll do a hard group ride, then rest and keep the legs fresh until the sunday race. Then just recover from that for the next sunday, with maybe something short and hard tuesday and thursday.