Bike Cafe · Public discussion

Canadian winter = indoor training (yuck)

Started by Paul VW · · Last activity · 18 posts · 3,701 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Bike Cafe
Published
15 November 2004
Last activity
29 November 2004
Original author
Paul VW
Posts
18
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
3,701
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–18 of 18
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Anybody have some innovative ideas to beat the yawn when training indoors?

  2. Music, new music, inspirational music. Invest in some new music that makes you want to grow. Turn it up, dream, fantasize, sweat.

  3. Hi there i just use the bike training machine and pop my bike on it to stay in shape for the winter.

  4. canada is a big country. where abouts you are? you can get studded snow tires.

  5. i live in the city of toronto and i cant use studded tires because i have a road bike

  6. i know that i may be a little out there but you could have more than 1 bike.

  7. aa9t8 said:

    canada is a big country. where abouts you are? you can get studded snow tires.

    Offroad is not my thing, roadie born and bred. Just looking for innovative ideas while on the trainer. :o

  8. aa9t8 said:

    i know that i may be a little out there but you could have more than 1 bike.

    It's not a bad idea if my budget allowed for it. Thanks :o

  9. Dr.Hairybiker said:

    Music, new music, inspirational music. Invest in some new music that makes you want to grow. Turn it up, dream, fantasize, sweat.

    Thanks DR. Hairybiker, cool name, how did you come up with that. 😄

  10. Paul VW said:

    Anybody have some innovative ideas to beat the yawn when training indoors?


    I usually watch the extreme channel, usually around 11 a.m. and watch a mountain bike show when I'm on the stationary bike. Nothing beats actually cycling outside but I might try mountainbiking in the snow this winter. I saw a few at morningside park where I run lasts winter so maybe its worth a try.

    M

  11. aa9t8 said:

    canada is a big country. where abouts you are? you can get studded snow tires.


    I live in Toronto, would you know how much snow studded tires would costs for a mountain bike?

    M

  12. Michael Reyes said:

    I live in Toronto, would you know how much snow studded tires would costs for a mountain bike?

    M


    Hey! The trainer, yes... is rather boring. I find that when you watch television while watching it, time goes really slow. Reading though (Im in University, and have to read a ton) seems to make training indoors just fly by. Try it! Read some cycling books, or something. It's great. Try it out, you'll never know.

  13. origanic said:

    Hey! The trainer, yes... is rather boring. I find that when you watch television while watching it, time goes really slow. Reading though (Im in University, and have to read a ton) seems to make training indoors just fly by. Try it! Read some cycling books, or something. It's great. Try it out, you'll never know.

    Thanks I'll give it a try. My MSN should be [email hidden]. Drop me a line when you have free time. I'm trying to cycle at leasts once a weekend till the snow comes and I run the other day of the weekend

    Michael

  14. Michael Reyes said:

    Thanks I'll give it a try. My MSN should be [email hidden]. Drop me a line when you have free time. I'm trying to cycle at leasts once a weekend till the snow comes and I run the other day of the weekend

    Michael

    Your MSN does not seem to be working. Says you are not registered?
    Check it out.

  15. origanic said:

    Your MSN does not seem to be working. Says you are not registered?
    Check it out.


    Do you mind sending me yours. My e-mail is [email hidden]

    Michael

  16. try calling these guys epiccycling.comepiccycling.com

    they are located near Queen St. East and Woodbine (toronto east end), it looks like they provide everything, coaching, training machines, heart rate testing, VO2 max testing.... list goes on.

    If you were really serious it might be worth while, I was thinking of doing a couple of clinic's just to find out what my baseline performance is and what my heart is doing.... for $10 what could it hurt.

  17. Michael Reyes said:

    Do you mind sending me yours. My e-mail is [email hidden]

    Michael

    My e-mail/MSN is [email hidden]

  18. Yuck.......that sums it up well.

    Gawd......I really hate the trainer. I`m happy if I can get 45 minutes in. I`ve tried all the strategies but it becomes mind numbing boring even with the tunes blaring.

    I did pick up an ab ball and yoga mat so now I can at least do the trainer followed by some stretching and ab work. I also hit the stationary bike at the gym during lunch so that helps as well.

    It`s a pale substitute for the real thing tho. Here`s praying for a late Winter and a early Spring. 🙂

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.