jcrankshaw-<< I'd like a 30t granny and keep the 29t big cog. Will the Centaur long cage Der handle the chain slack? >><BR><BR> What the der is designed to do, someplace to put the 'extra' chain for non droopy small-small thru no broken chain, large-large.
Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302 (303)440-3535 vecchios.comvecchios.comOpen ↗ "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"
Yes, I'm using the 13-29 successfully with a Centaur long cage and I even swapped out the 30T granny for 26T.
Hello Fred, I am curious about the swapiing 30T - 26T I just got a triple 50-42-30 and a 13-29 cassette. I thought that's the most widely range I can get now. But trying the triple 30T on the cassette the 26 or 29 I have the idea that I am working hard, but no progress. Why did you swap the 30T to 26T?
Hello Fred, I am curious about the swapiing 30T - 26T I just got a triple 50-42-30 and a 13-29 cassette. I thought that's the most widely range I can get now. But trying the triple 30T on the cassette the 26 or 29 I have the idea that I am working hard, but no progress. Why did you swap the 30T to 26T?
Ton
Hi,
I have 50-40-26 on my Campy triple road bike. I switched out the 30t granny because I like climbing those really steep and long hills with less suffering. I used to use the 13-29 cassette with this crankset but found this to be overkill. Now I use the 12-25 cassette and for me this is the right combo. I probably could get away with a 30t granny but...
Kenny Lee <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<c0lbl7>
Quoted message said:
Hi,
I have 50-40-26 on my Campy triple road bike. I switched out the 30t granny because I like climbing those really steep and long hills with less suffering. I used to use the 13-29 cassette with this crankset but found this to be overkill. Now I use the 12-25 cassette and for me this is the right combo. I probably could get away with a 30t granny but...
Kenny Lee
What Kenny said! I do sometimes "run out of gears" with the 50/13, but the 26/29 sure is a great bail- out when you've given it your all. Helped me over Haast Pass in NZ a few weeks ago :-)