Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Campy 10s chain removal/reinstallation

Started by Wayne Pein · · Last activity · 6 posts · 781 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
9 March 2004
Last activity
9 March 2004
Original author
Wayne Pein
Posts
6
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
781
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–6 of 6
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Can I remove and reinstall a Campy 10s chain by
    partially pushing out the hollow pin with a chain tool
    and then pushing it back in when I put it back on? I've
    done that for years on other chains for cleaning
    purposes and was wondering if there is some reason I
    shouldn't do it on Campy 10.

    Thanks, Wayne

  2. I would never do that. Get yourself a Wipperman 10sp link to use on your
    Campy chain. That is what I use.
    "Wayne Pein" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Can I remove and reinstall a Campy 10s chain by partially
    pushing out the hollow pin with a chain tool and then
    pushing it back in when I put it back on? I've done that
    for years on other chains for cleaning purposes and was
    wondering if there is some reason I shouldn't do it on
    Campy 10.

    Thanks, Wayne

  3. Quoted message said:

    Can I remove and reinstall a Campy 10s chain by partially
    pushing out the hollow pin with a chain tool and then
    pushing it back in when I put it back on?

    I've ridden like that for two years without problems. I
    switched to SRAM 9 speed Gold PowerLinks then, much easier
    to connect the chain and i get them for free at my LBS when
    i buy some other stuff.

    "Wayne Pein" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Can I remove and reinstall a Campy 10s chain by partially
    pushing out the hollow pin with a chain tool and then
    pushing it back in when I put it back on? I've done that
    for years on other chains for cleaning purposes and was
    wondering if there is some reason I shouldn't do it on
    Campy 10.

    Thanks, Wayne

  4. I also use a wipperman nickel 10 chain. Easy on off, no
    tools, runs smooth.

    "Ronald" <[email hidden]> wrote in
    message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Can I remove and reinstall a Campy 10s chain by
    partially pushing out the hollow pin with a chain tool
    and then pushing it back in when I put it back on?

    I've ridden like that for two years without problems. I
    switched to SRAM 9 speed Gold PowerLinks then, much easier
    to connect the chain and i get


    them

    Quoted message said:

    for free at my LBS when i buy some other stuff.

    "Wayne Pein" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Can I remove and reinstall a Campy 10s chain by
    partially pushing out the hollow pin with a chain tool
    and then pushing it back in when I put it back on? I've
    done that for years on other chains for cleaning
    purposes and was wondering if there is some reason I
    shouldn't do it on Campy 10.

    Thanks, Wayne


  5. wpein-<< Can I remove and reinstall a Campy 10s chain by
    partially pushing out the hollow pin with a chain tool and
    then pushing it back in when I put it back on? >><BR><BR>

    No they are not designed to do this and you may break the
    chain there when riding. Use the supplied push thru pin or
    use a snap link like the Connex one.

    Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St.
    Boulder, CO, 80302
    (303)440-3535 vecchios.comvecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali
    costruite eccezionalmente bene"

  6. Thanks to all who responded.

    Wayne

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.