rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Buc 2007??

Started by amanda.gallacher · · Last activity · 70 posts · 1,302 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
9 July 2006
Last activity
7 December 2006
Original author
amanda.gallacher
Posts
70
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,302
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 41–60 of 70
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. if amanda and mike are gonna be there, id love to fly there next time
    this is around. also if lauras there thats good, shes very easy on the
    eyes 🙂 . seriously thought, she is.

    --
    Jonny_Peacock

    www.jonnypeacock.com
    LOOK AT ME NOW, *DO YOU FEEL BETTER NOW*?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jonny_Peacock's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11379
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/50981

  2. Jonny_Peacock said:

    also if lauras there thats good, shes very easy on the eyes 🙂 .
    seriously thought, she is.

    :S

    xx

    --
    laura

    (8)But I'll still be here waiting for you,I feel alive,You were my
    ecstacy,It's you that I'm craving,I feel alive,You were my energy,So
    why do you hate me?(8)

    one of my favourite songs, coz i didnt know what else to put 🙄
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    laura's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6384
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/50981

  3. Thanks to disorganisation and/or light weight packing, I've not brought
    a tent to any of the last four BUCs. I think it's inevitable that at
    these events, wherever you end up putting people to sleep, there'll be
    noise and light through the whole night, but I've never had any
    problems sleeping.

    The secret is though, that these events are usually held within easy
    riding distance of an offy, which will provide you with lots of lovely
    sleep inducing beer, or vodka for extra strength sleep inducingness.
    With the added bonus of it being fun.

    Anyone who is super-sensitive to people being noisy or whatever,
    sleeping in the car be a good solution, I've seen people bung the back
    seats down and bung a camping matress or airbed in. Camping / classroom
    camping is inevitably a bit noisy, because there'll be at least some
    people who snore, need to get up in the night etc.

    I think the only thing about the last BUC that wasn't as good as usual
    was the show being very juggley and very professional, rather than the
    usual disorganised and unicycley show, the rest was really well
    organised, well done to them.

    Joe

    --
    joemarshall

    my pics http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albuq44
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    joemarshall's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1545
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/50981

  4. rogeratunicycledotcom said:

    So do you want a date? 20th to 22nd April 2007. Will it be extended to
    the 19th... depends on the location but it looks like a plan. :-)

    Where? StMichaels School Billingham.

    Who are the organisers? Well you know them (sorry), Stockton Unicycle
    and Juggling club. :-D

    When is the website and info going up? Soon, we need Tall Paul for this
    and he is away on holiday.

    Wow, I wish I could have a two month holiday. That's what I'm assuming,
    since something is still to appear at
    http://www.unicycle.org.uk/buc14/

    Seriously folks, is what little Roger posted above actually happening?

    --
    gkmac

    "It's a marvellous thing to see, someone in full flight on the
    unicycle." - Stuart Maconie, Radio 2
    "Oh no! Both my toes have gone numb!" - Joe Hodges
    "You also met me gk! I was the one eating the sandwich!" - Adam Gayne
    "Act your tyre pressure, not your age." - rob.northcott
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    gkmac's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4577
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/50981

  5. This sounds all good..

    But, more important I think the dates of BUC should be placed at a time
    when it's most suitable for the majority of people.

    Having a slightly longer BUC in a school halfterm or something, would
    be better. As a lot of us won't have to worry about school/work
    commitments and catching up on what we missed. If it's in a halfterm or
    holiday, then BUC could be made longer, 3 or 4 days even. It would
    definitely give a great deal of riders peace of mind.

    Just a suggestion, but it's something that could change the mood of BUC
    entirely.

    As for Exeter, I'd be all up for it, but I hope Mike and Amanda can get
    something sorted out there, or else it's not gonna happen.

    --
    Sponge

    MSN: [email hidden] feel free to add, I'm always up for a
    good chat and get to know other unicyclists 🙂

    Hodges trials video soon.. infact, it comes out this weekend hopefully.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sponge's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11883
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/50981

  6. Hi everyone,

    Getting things together for a BUC is not easy. The dates are one of
    the hardest thing to get sorted. We thought we had a date sorted and
    the school was booked, this was the week after Easter weekend. The
    12th to 15th of April. We were about to announce the date and BJC
    announced that they were going for 11th to 15th! So we have
    re-assessed the situation and looked at other holidays that we could
    use.

    What most of you may not realise is that schools in different areas do
    not have the same holidays. If we picked what people are asking for
    which is half term week we would only get 50% of the school age riders!

    BUC will be during a school holiday.... it is on the *20th to the 22nd
    of April 2007* which is the last week of the Easter school holiday in
    Billingham. We are working on having the school for the Thursday, so
    if you are free that week then you get an extra day, but we can not
    confirm this yet. This is the reason for the delay in putting the
    website up. This should be confirmed one way or the other very soon.

    As for a group in Exeter organising a BUC, this would be good. I know
    from talking with Sarah that there are great problems in Exeter getting
    venues. She is also worried that there is not a team of organisers
    there yet; she hopes this will happen sometime.

    Roger

    --
    rogeratunicycledotcom

    ++++++++++++++++++
    Unicycle.com in the UK
    The UK's Unicycle Source
    www.unicycle.uk.com
    +++++++++++++++++++
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    rogeratunicycledotcom's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4116
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/50981

  7. rogeratunicycledotcom said:

    BUC will be during a school holiday.... it is on the *20th to the 22nd
    of April 2007* which is the last week of the Easter school holiday in
    Billingham. We are working on having the school for the Thursday, so
    if you are free that week then you get an extra day, but we can not
    confirm this yet. This is the reason for the delay in putting the
    website up. This should be confirmed one way or the other very soon.

    Thanks for the update Roger; I gather from that that it'll definitely be
    another Billingham one and those dates are set in stone. I've only
    heard good things about BUC11 and 'BUC12'
    (http://www.unicycle.org.uk/buc12/) which I couldn't get to (I couldn't
    drive back then).

    After I made my previous post, I took another look at where the 'BUC14
    website may appear' (http://www.unicycle.org.uk/buc14/); it returns 403
    Forbidden, instead of 404 Not Found as future numbers do. My Sherlock
    Holmes hat reveals there is something inside, waiting to be unlocked
    and unleashed, only when it's ready.

    Mmmmmm, BUC fooourteeeeeennnnnn.... (dribbles)

    --
    gkmac

    "It's a marvellous thing to see, someone in full flight on the
    unicycle." - Stuart Maconie, Radio 2
    "Oh no! Both my toes have gone numb!" - Joe Hodges
    "You also met me gk! I was the one eating the sandwich!" - Adam Gayne
    "Act your tyre pressure, not your age." - rob.northcott
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    gkmac's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4577
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/50981

  8. i missed the meeting! :'( *waaaa* ... did i get a good job 😄😄😄 ???

    xxxx

    --
    laura

    (8)But I'll still be here waiting for you,I feel alive,You were my
    ecstacy,It's you that I'm craving,I feel alive,You were my energy,So
    why do you hate me?(8)

    one of my favourite songs, coz i didnt know what else to put 🙄
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    laura's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6384
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/50981

  9. Glad to hear that BUC 2007 is gonna be held in Stockon with Roger and
    the rest of the team, should definately be a good one, but what I
    really wanna know guys, is how many people are gonna take part? Last
    year was my first BUC so I can only go by what I know, when I signed up
    for freestyle there were 6 people taking part and as for trials, I
    can't be sure but I don't think there were many more and one of them
    was Yoggi. This year Roger asked me to write up some street rules, so
    we're gonna have an extra event for sure, there are a couple more
    proposed too but will it be the same as last year? The same 5 or 6
    riders competing in EVER category? I know alot of people aren't
    competitive but its not just about the winning, it's great fun and it
    really does make one grow as a rider. I came back from BUC 2006 a
    completely different rider and even more so from UNICON.
    This is basically me saying to all the people planning to come to BUC,
    take part in atleast one thing, you never know you might surprise
    yourself and rank high up and if not, the more people involved the more
    fun the event will be.

    Hope to see a good turn out at BUC,

    Jas

    --
    KlownLife

    unifreak7 said:

    It's believed we could all fly, move things with our minds, read minds,
    tell the future, if we used 100%. To me believing in yourself not only
    helps if your going really big. If there's no fear, (tech stuff), it
    doesn't really matter, It's just what the body does.

    -Shaun Johanneson


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    KlownLife's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5196
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/50981

  10. ill enter the street for sure.

    i might even enter trails, its not my stroung point but whatever

    see you all later

    --
    dale_dale

    freedom of style
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    dale_dale's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11459
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/50981

  11. I will definatly enter the trials comp next year. I am still kicking
    myself that I didn't enter this year! Looking forward to it sooo much!

    Rock on!
    Edd

    --
    Eddbmxdude

    Its like England here....Iv never seen so much sun!

    "Mmmm, I can smell bread!..........I wonder if thats what you smell
    before you die?" - My workmate, Paul

    "Unicycling only makes you look like a freak when you're riding." -
    Unisteve
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Eddbmxdude's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11584
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/50981

  12. If none of the events clash, I would enter everything.
    I completely agree with you about everyone should at least enter one
    thing. Even if you aren't competitive, it's good fun! Sure you might
    lose, but there is as big a chance you will win too, though without
    competing, you would never find out. Competing is the best way to
    improve in my opinion. Everytime BUC comes near, I try work on a
    freestyle routine (admittedly, they aren't too good, but this year will
    be better). When I do this, I learn new tricks, new transitions and
    become more consistant on stuff. I'm sure the same applies for street
    riders because I would have thought in a street competition consistancy
    is vital. Same goes for trials, maybe not consistancy, but training for
    the competition would no doubt improve hop height, gap length and so
    on.
    So basically, even if you think you stand no chance of winning, compete
    anyway. You will learn new things, build your confidence and feel like
    you have accomplished something.

    I'm sure I was going to say something else, but I've forgotten. If it
    comes back to me I'll post again.

    --
    amanda.gallacher

    -->sorry für mein beschissenes deutsch<--
    'my gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/dpa27)
    'unicycle.com' (http://www.unicycle.uk.com)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    amanda.gallacher's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10009
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/50981

  13. Will there be an old fart's competition?

    I tried to enter the hockey last year but was warned off 🙁

    --
    cathwood

    Cathy
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    cathwood's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9425
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/50981

  14. Actually there is one competitive event at BUC that gets a lot of
    entrants - hockey 😄

    --
    keg
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    keg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/212
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/50981

  15. It is good that people are fired up and happy that the Stockton lot are
    organising another BUC.

    I will try and answer some of your questions. The main concern seams
    to be the clashing of events. We have been trying to address this.

    Competitions:
    Hockey: as before in Groups so you should be able to predict when you
    are playing.
    Freestyle: 2 levels of competition to encourage people to try things
    out, we are not sure when this will take place but we will be flexible
    to allow people to do other events. The winners of course will get to
    show their routines to everyone.
    Trials: we are going to look at multi start times to allow people to
    compete when they are free.
    Street: take place after the hockey but before the show, this should
    not clash with anything we think.
    Races: we hope to have a few races, 100m, slow race etc. These will be
    on site and we may do multi start times to allow as many people to take
    part as possible. Just for fun.

    We are looking at having a few "street" rides out from the site,
    although this has not been added to the programme yet. I was also
    thinking of taking some people for a little ride on the Thursday/Friday
    evening... may be 50 mile round trip to the sea or something like
    that.

    Roger

    --
    rogeratunicycledotcom

    ++++++++++++++++++
    Unicycle.com in the UK
    The UK's Unicycle Source
    www.unicycle.uk.com
    +++++++++++++++++++
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    rogeratunicycledotcom's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4116
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/50981

  16. I think having multi-start times for the various competitions is a great
    idea, of course this is subject to the judges or whoever runs the
    competitions being available for every single multi-start time. Let's
    just hope the weather doesn't muck up the timing arrangements.

    Is there a competition to see who will enter the least competitions? I
    think I'll be a clear winner on that one. Despite Jason and Amanda's
    encouragement, I still shiver at the idea of competing in anything,
    knowing full well I'll be at the bottom of every league table. What
    feeling of accomplishment would come from that?

    Compulsory competition is what put me off attending UNICON.

    amanda.gallacher said:

    Everytime BUC comes near, I try work on a freestyle routine (admittedly,
    they aren't too good, but this year will be better).

    Errr, I thought you 'already did a freestyle routine this year'
    (http://tinyurl.com/yayjlk)?:p

    rogeratunicycledotcom said:

    I was also thinking of taking some people for a little ride on the
    Thursday/Friday evening... may be 50 mile round trip to the sea or
    something like that.

    A -little- trip of *fifty miles*???:eek: Much as many of us admire your
    strength and endurance, you do have to remember that not everyone can
    ride such a distance with ease.

    --
    gkmac

    "It's a marvellous thing to see, someone in full flight on the
    unicycle." - Stuart Maconie, Radio 2
    "Oh no! Both my toes have gone numb!" - Joe Hodges
    "You also met me gk! I was the one eating the sandwich!" - Adam Gayne
    "Act your tyre pressure, not your age." - rob.northcott
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    gkmac's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4577
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/50981

  17. gkmac said:


    Is there a competition to see who will enter the least competitions? I
    think I'll be a clear winner on that one. Despite Jason and Amanda's
    encouragement, I still shiver at the idea of competing in anything,
    knowing full well I'll be at the bottom of every league table. What
    feeling of accomplishment would come from that?
    .

    I'd be the joint winner with you. The idea of competing fills me with
    horror.

    (By the way, I think Roger is just showing off 😄 )

    --
    cathwood

    Cathy
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    cathwood's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9425
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/50981

  18. Be careful what you say Cathy... I have you down for joining me. :-D

    Roger

    --
    rogeratunicycledotcom

    ++++++++++++++++++
    Unicycle.com in the UK
    The UK's Unicycle Source
    www.unicycle.uk.com
    +++++++++++++++++++
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    rogeratunicycledotcom's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4116
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/50981

  19. rogeratunicycledotcom said:

    Be careful what you say Cathy... I have you down for joining me. :-D

    Roger

    OOOPs. I meant it in the nicest possible way. Honestly.

    --
    cathwood

    Cathy
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    cathwood's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9425
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/50981

  20. gkmac said:

    What feeling of accomplishment would come from that?

    That's obvious. You would feel that you have overcame your fear which
    will also mean you gain more confidence.

    gkmac said:

    Errr, I thought you 'already did a freestyle routine this year'
    (http://tinyurl.com/yayjlk)?:p

    😄 You know what I mean. It's just about 2007.

    --
    amanda.gallacher

    -->sorry für mein beschissenes deutsch<--
    'my gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/dpa27)
    'unicycle.com' (http://www.unicycle.uk.com)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    amanda.gallacher's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10009
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/50981

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.