General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Breakfast this morning 08/04/2007

Started by jmcquown · · Last activity · 28 posts · 230 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
4 August 2007
Last activity
6 August 2007
Original author
jmcquown
Posts
28
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
230
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 28
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Not my usual toasted "English" muffin. I bought some of those frozen
    biscuits; we'll see how they are. I'm going to pop a couple of those in the
    oven. Meanwhile I'll pan fry 3 or 4 pork sausage links. And I'll cook a
    couple of eggs, over medium (pork fat rules!). That will be pretty much all
    I eat until this evening, possibly even all I eat today. MMM MMM Good!

    Jill

  2. jmcquown said:

    Not my usual toasted "English" muffin. I bought some of those frozen
    biscuits; we'll see how they are. I'm going to pop a couple of those in
    the
    oven. Meanwhile I'll pan fry 3 or 4 pork sausage links. And I'll cook a
    couple of eggs, over medium (pork fat rules!). That will be pretty much
    all
    I eat until this evening, possibly even all I eat today. MMM MMM Good!

    Jill

    Breakfasst here was an old St. Louis favorite ------------- SLINGER

    2 eggs as you like them (I like them scrambled)
    1 cheeseburger patty (just meat with a slice of cheese, no bun)
    fried potatoes
    smothered in chili
    diced onion and grated cheddar top it off

    Oh, don't want to forget the buttered toast and Colombian coffee
    --
    Change Cujo to Juno in email address.

  3. jmcquown said:


    Not my usual toasted "English" muffin. I bought some of those frozen
    biscuits; we'll see how they are. I'm going to pop a couple of those in the
    oven. Meanwhile I'll pan fry 3 or 4 pork sausage links. And I'll cook a
    couple of eggs, over medium (pork fat rules!). That will be pretty much all
    I eat until this evening, possibly even all I eat today. MMM MMM Good!

    I had the usual... Muffets..... with sliced banana, some toasted baguette
    with raspberry jam and a latte.

  4. Dave Smith said:
    jmcquown said:


    Not my usual toasted "English" muffin. I bought some of those frozen
    biscuits; we'll see how they are. I'm going to pop a couple of
    those in the oven. Meanwhile I'll pan fry 3 or 4 pork sausage
    links. And I'll cook a couple of eggs, over medium (pork fat
    rules!). That will be pretty much all I eat until this evening,
    possibly even all I eat today. MMM MMM Good!

    I had the usual... Muffets..... with sliced banana, some toasted
    baguette with raspberry jam and a latte.

    Would you please explain to me a latte? Isn't that just coffee with a lot
    of cream (and possibly sugar) foam on top?

    Jill <---who drinks coffee black

  5. jmcquown said:
    Quoted message said:

    I had the usual... Muffets..... with sliced banana, some toasted
    baguette with raspberry jam and a latte.

    Would you please explain to me a latte? Isn't that just coffee with a lot
    of cream (and possibly sugar) foam on top?

    Espresso with steamed milk.

  6. Dave Smith said:
    jmcquown said:
    Quoted message said:

    I had the usual... Muffets..... with sliced banana, some toasted
    baguette with raspberry jam and a latte.

    Would you please explain to me a latte? Isn't that just coffee with
    a lot of cream (and possibly sugar) foam on top?

    Espresso with steamed milk.

    Hmmm, so Espresso is what, really dark coffee? I just drink regular coffee,
    you see. I don't know Lattes from Espresso from Cappuccino from whatever.
    Just plain black coffee.

  7. jmcquown said:

    I don't know Lattes from Espresso from Cappuccino from whatever.

    No surprise there. This is how you should answer all your posts.

    -sw

  8. "jmcquown" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Dave Smith said:
    jmcquown said:


    Not my usual toasted "English" muffin. I bought some of those frozen
    biscuits; we'll see how they are. I'm going to pop a couple of
    those in the oven. Meanwhile I'll pan fry 3 or 4 pork sausage
    links. And I'll cook a couple of eggs, over medium (pork fat
    rules!). That will be pretty much all I eat until this evening,
    possibly even all I eat today. MMM MMM Good!

    I had the usual... Muffets..... with sliced banana, some toasted
    baguette with raspberry jam and a latte.

    Would you please explain to me a latte?

    Google can be your friend. But you have to know how to use it

    Quoted message said:

    Isn't that just coffee with a lot
    of cream (and possibly sugar) foam on top?

    In your small little world, maybe. You should really get out more. You
    might learn something.

    Quoted message said:


    Jill <---who drinks coffee black

    Racist.

  9. "jmcquown" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Dave Smith said:
    jmcquown said:

    > I had the usual... Muffets..... with sliced banana, some toasted
    > baguette with raspberry jam and a latte.

    Would you please explain to me a latte? Isn't that just coffee with
    a lot of cream (and possibly sugar) foam on top?

    Espresso with steamed milk.

    Hmmm, so Espresso is what, really dark coffee? I just drink regular
    coffee,

    Instant, too, I bet. And cheap.

    Spend a little money on something good for a change. Use your own advise
    and give up your internet connection if you must, but get out in the real
    world (the 21st century, not the 1800's) and learn to live.

    Quoted message said:

    you see. I don't know

    Ahhh. You are finally "getting it"

    There may be help for the world. If the famous "Jill McQuown" has finally
    admitted that she doesn't know something, can real World Peace be that far
    behind???

  10. SusanWilliams said:

    There may be help for the world. If the famous "Jill McQuown" has finally
    admitted that she doesn't know something, can real World Peace be that far
    behind???

    Just for the record: It's not me!

    I always post from my SBC or RoadRunner accounts :-)

    -sw

  11. jmcquown said:

    Not my usual toasted "English" muffin.

    Good grief, 5:42 AM? That's night time for me, especially on Saturday.

    I just got up, so it's so far been a can of Diet Mountain Dew.

    Brian

    --
    If televison's a babysitter, the Internet is a drunk librarian who
    won't shut up.
    -- Dorothy Gambrell (http://catandgirl.com)

  12. "Steve Wertz" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    jmcquown said:

    I don't know Lattes from Espresso from Cappuccino from whatever.

    No surprise there. This is how you should answer all your posts.

    -sw

    LOL!!!!!
    I just posted somethiong similar. And my initials are S.W. too.

    It's a small world after all
    It's a small world after all
    It's a small world after all
    It's a small, small world

    It's a world of laughter
    A world of tears
    It's a world of hopes
    And a world of fears
    There's so much that we share
    That it's time we're aware
    It's a small world after all

    There is just one moon
    And one golden sun
    And a smile means
    Friendship to ev'ryone
    Though the mountains divide
    And the oceans are wide
    It's a small world after all

    It's a small world after all
    It's a small world after all
    It's a small world after all
    It's a small, small world

  13. SusanWilliams said:

    "Steve Wertz" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    jmcquown said:

    I don't know Lattes from Espresso from Cappuccino from whatever.

    No surprise there. This is how you should answer all your posts.

    LOL!!!!!
    I just posted somethiong similar. And my initials are S.W. too.

    And I just had to post something that explained I wasn't you ;-)

    I'm kinda infamous for changing my name when I respond to Jill to
    avoid her killfile. But when I do, I always sign my initials -sw

    And even when I do sign my initials, she still doesn't figure out
    that's it's me because she's too busy composing her replies
    before reading the posts.

    See the recent "Candy Thermometer" thread for an example :-)

    -sw

  14. jmcquown said:
    Dave Smith said:

    jmcquown wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > I had the usual... Muffets..... with sliced banana, some toasted
    > baguette with raspberry jam and a latte.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Would you please explain to me a latte? Isn't that just coffee with
    a lot of cream (and possibly sugar) foam on top?

    Quoted message said:

    Espresso with steamed milk.

    Hmmm, so Espresso is what, really dark coffee? I just drink regular coffee,
    you see. I don't know Lattes from Espresso from Cappuccino from whatever.
    Just plain black coffee.

    Very strong Italian style coffe. A latte to me is very similar to café
    au lait.

  15. Steve Wertz said:
    SusanWilliams said:

    "Steve Wertz" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Sat, 4 Aug 2007 10:28:49 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

    > I don't know Lattes from Espresso from Cappuccino from whatever.

    No surprise there. This is how you should answer all your posts.

    LOL!!!!!
    I just posted somethiong similar. And my initials are S.W. too.

    And I just had to post something that explained I wasn't you ;-)

    I'm kinda infamous for changing my name when I respond to Jill to
    avoid her killfile. But when I do, I always sign my initials -sw

    And even when I do sign my initials, she still doesn't figure out
    that's it's me because she's too busy composing her replies
    before reading the posts.

    See the recent "Candy Thermometer" thread for an example :-)

    -sw

    Steve, you're dear to my heart. I've got several pounds of Stockholm Roast
    coffee in the cupboard and Popoyan Columbian Roast from when I subscribed to
    Gevalia Kafe and had various coffees from around the world delivered. I
    still drink it black so I have no clue about Lattes, Cappuccino, whatever.
    Real women drink coffee straight. 🙂

    Jill

  16. jmcquown said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Would you please explain to me a latte? Isn't that just coffee with
    a lot of cream (and possibly sugar) foam on top?

    Espresso with steamed milk.

    Hmmm, so Espresso is what, really dark coffee? I just drink regular coffee,
    you see. I don't know Lattes from Espresso from Cappuccino from whatever.
    Just plain black coffee.

    Espresso is not just really dark coffee. It is a different process for
    making coffee which makes a much better strong coffee than just making
    strong drip or perked coffee.

    I am not exactly sure the exact difference between latte and cappuccino
    either. One recipe describes cappuccino as equal parts of espresso and
    steamed milk and latte as espresso with plenty of steamed milk, so I don't
    know if that means half, more than half, or less than half. Latte is
    easier to spell :-)

  17. "Steve Wertz" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    SusanWilliams said:

    "Steve Wertz" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Sat, 4 Aug 2007 10:28:49 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

    > I don't know Lattes from Espresso from Cappuccino from whatever.

    No surprise there. This is how you should answer all your posts.

    LOL!!!!!
    I just posted somethiong similar. And my initials are S.W. too.

    And I just had to post something that explained I wasn't you ;-)

    I'm kinda infamous for changing my name when I respond to Jill to
    avoid her killfile. But when I do, I always sign my initials -sw

    And even when I do sign my initials, she still doesn't figure out
    that's it's me because she's too busy composing her replies
    before reading the posts.

    See the recent "Candy Thermometer" thread for an example :-)

    -sw

    I noticed that. I just have to wonder, though. Is Jill really this dumb,
    or is it just an act for the newsgroup? I wouldn't think anyone could be so
    dumb.
    Maybe *I* need to get out more?

  18. jmcquown said:
    Steve Wertz said:
    SusanWilliams said:

    "Steve Wertz" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...
    > On Sat, 4 Aug 2007 10:28:49 -0500, jmcquown wrote:
    >
    >> I don't know Lattes from Espresso from Cappuccino from whatever.
    >
    > No surprise there. This is how you should answer all your posts.

    LOL!!!!!
    I just posted somethiong similar. And my initials are S.W. too.

    And I just had to post something that explained I wasn't you ;-)

    I'm kinda infamous for changing my name when I respond to Jill to
    avoid her killfile. But when I do, I always sign my initials -sw

    And even when I do sign my initials, she still doesn't figure out
    that's it's me because she's too busy composing her replies
    before reading the posts.

    See the recent "Candy Thermometer" thread for an example :-)

    Steve, you're dear to my heart. I've got several pounds of Stockholm Roast
    coffee in the cupboard and Popoyan Columbian Roast from when I subscribed to
    Gevalia Kafe and had various coffees from around the world delivered. I
    still drink it black so I have no clue about Lattes, Cappuccino, whatever.
    Real women drink coffee straight. 🙂

    That's nice. But I wasn't commenting on your coffee.

    -sw

  19. jmcquown said:

    Steve, you're dear to my heart. I've got several pounds of Stockholm Roast
    coffee in the cupboard and Popoyan Columbian Roast from when I subscribed to
    Gevalia Kafe and had various coffees from around the world delivered. I
    still drink it black so I have no clue about Lattes, Cappuccino, whatever.
    Real women drink coffee straight. 🙂

    Do you always have coffee the same way? If I make coffee with the drip
    machine or my French press or at a coffee shop I almost always have it
    black. If it is in a restaurant and the coffee is not very good I may add
    a little cream and sugar. I sometimes have an espresso straight up,
    sometimes with just a little sugar.... just a little. Occasionally I may
    add a dash of rum or whiskey to my coffee. Real people like a little
    variety. :-)

  20. Dave Smith said:
    jmcquown said:

    Steve, you're dear to my heart. I've got several pounds of
    Stockholm Roast coffee in the cupboard and Popoyan Columbian Roast
    from when I subscribed to Gevalia Kafe and had various coffees from
    around the world delivered. I still drink it black so I have no
    clue about Lattes, Cappuccino, whatever. Real women drink coffee
    straight. 🙂

    Do you always have coffee the same way? If I make coffee with the drip
    machine or my French press or at a coffee shop I almost always have it
    black. If it is in a restaurant and the coffee is not very good I
    may add a little cream and sugar. I sometimes have an espresso
    straight up, sometimes with just a little sugar.... just a little.
    Occasionally I may add a dash of rum or whiskey to my coffee. Real
    people like a little variety. :-)

    Restaurant coffee is a different story. Sometimes it's so bad it requires
    doctoring. I'll add cream. I rarely add sweetener but if I do it's real
    sugar, none of that artificial [censored].

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.