General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

breakfast loch lomond area.

Started by newrebel · · Last activity · 7 posts · 256 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
23 September 2007
Last activity
25 September 2007
Original author
newrebel
Posts
7
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
256
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–7 of 7
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi chaps and chapesses. I am looking for somewhere where I might get a
    decent breakfast early on a Saturday morning around the loch lomond area.
    cheers Mick.

  2. In article <[email hidden]>, newrebel
    <[email hidden]> writes

    Quoted message said:

    Hi chaps and chapesses. I am looking for somewhere where I might get a
    decent breakfast early on a Saturday morning around the loch lomond area.
    cheers Mick.


    I'm sure Angus would welcome you :-)

    <darfc>

    --
    Malcolm

  3. The message <[email hidden]>
    from "newrebel" <[email hidden]> contains these words:

    Quoted message said:

    Hi chaps and chapesses. I am looking for somewhere where I might get a
    decent breakfast early on a Saturday morning around the loch lomond area.
    cheers Mick.

    You need to remember that here in Scotland most hotels and restaurants
    are run for the benefit of the staff, not the poor bloody punter, so an
    early breakfast is most likely to be out of a thermos sitting in your
    car!

    Have a look at the small ads in the back of the Scottish Mountaineer
    (assuming you are an MCofS member) or Summit (assuming on the other
    hand, that you are a BMC member) where you might find something, or ask
    Google!

    BTW - while doing the West Highland Way a couple of years back (goes up
    the right hand side of the cold and deep loch) we met a pleasant, but
    worried, American couple who had arranged a WHW package on the internet
    - their problem was that their hotel was at Tarbet (on the left hand
    side) only 1.5 km away, but.....

    Which side are you thinking of?

    Richard

  4. If you're going up the main road from Glasgow, there was a really nice
    sailing club at the village at the bottom of the Loch and i seem to recall
    they had a shop and some facilities(and were happy to sell to public)

    "newrebel" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi chaps and chapesses. I am looking for somewhere where I might get a
    decent breakfast early on a Saturday morning around the loch lomond area.
    cheers Mick.

  5. In message <[email hidden]>, Richard Spencer
    <[email hidden]> writes

    Quoted message said:

    You need to remember that here in Scotland most hotels and restaurants
    are run for the benefit of the staff, not the poor bloody punter, so an
    early breakfast is most likely to be out of a thermos sitting in your
    car!

    When holidaying in Fort William a couple of years ago, we stayed in a
    quite posh hotel. The accommodation was excellent and the food great.
    One morning I asked the maitre'd if I could have some beans with my
    breakfast, his tongue in cheek reply was "We're an hotel NOT a caff!"
    --
    Bill Grey

  6. Bill Grey said:

    In message <[email hidden]>, Richard Spencer
    <[email hidden]> writes

    Quoted message said:

    You need to remember that here in Scotland most hotels and restaurants
    are run for the benefit of the staff, not the poor bloody punter, so an
    early breakfast is most likely to be out of a thermos sitting in your
    car!

    When holidaying in Fort William a couple of years ago, we stayed in a
    quite posh hotel. The accommodation was excellent and the food great.
    One morning I asked the maitre'd if I could have some beans with my
    breakfast, his tongue in cheek reply was "We're an hotel NOT a caff!"

    So not THAT posh then... A really posh hotel would have said,
    'Certainly, sir,' and given you a choice of three varieties. 😉

    I don't know if it still does, but when I was working there in 1975, The
    Craw's Nest at Anstruther served breakfast to anyone who dropped in.
    They just billed them the same as they would for lunch or dinner. There
    was always a truck driver or two, and the occasional early start golfer
    on their way to St Andrews.

    --
    Kate XXXXXX R.C.T.Q Madame Chef des Trolls
    Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttons
    http://www.katedicey.co.uk
    Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  7. once you come out of terbet heading for crianlarich there is a wee tea room
    that is good and in tarbet itself the little cafe at the corner is good too
    or you can go the two miles into arrochar and the pitstop will do you one
    ,so no need to bother angus
    "newrebel" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi chaps and chapesses. I am looking for somewhere where I might get a
    decent breakfast early on a Saturday morning around the loch lomond area.
    cheers Mick.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.