rogeratunicycledotcom said:*Ask for people who have actually tried Maguras on a Coker and made
them work successfully. Then try asking those who have got the others
working in an affective and appropriate manor (sic) for a Coker.*
I have a magura setup on my 36-er (wide hub, U-Turn wheel), and it works
ok. I'd say it is definitely better for short steep hills than it is
for long steep hills. Because it isn't a drag-brake type of setup, it
requires consistant pressure on the handle when braking. The biggest
problem I've had is bumping the forearm of my braking hand with my knee
while pedaling, which can cause me to loosen my pressure on the handle,
or worse increase it which leads to forward UPD. The longer the
descent, the more opportunity thee is for that to happen.
It definitely requires a more precise "touch" than the same magura setup
on a 24" muni, but it's workable. I've never ridden a coker setup with
a standard cable brake or drag-brake setup, so I'm afraid I can't do a
direct comparison. All I can do is confirm that the magura setup can
work just fine on a 36-er with a stiff wheel build if you're willing to
invest some time on getting the "touch" right.
--
tomblackwood - Registered Nurtz
Tailgate at your own risk.....
"By George! The man's a genius!"
Murde Mental
------------------------------------------------------------------------
tomblackwood's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3762
View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/39684