Anyone out there familiar with this early Trek 2000 model. The little info I found
says at the time this was a awesome bike. Would it make sense to put some money into it or is the frame considered outdated. I currently ride a Trek 7300FX and want to get into a road bike. He says it has dura ace components. So spend money on a tune up and maybe replace some parts or save for a new road bike.🙂
Cycling Equipment · Public discussion
Boss giving me his 1985 Trek 2000
Thread navigation
Jump through the discussion
Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.
Thread details
What we know about this thread
- Original section
- Cycling Equipment
- Published
- 26 September 2005
- Last activity
- 27 September 2005
- Original author
- rhypes45
- Posts
- 6
- Discussion status
- Public discussion
- Total views
- 2,317
- Views / 30 days
- 0
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
-
-
rhypes45 said:
Anyone out there familiar with this early Trek 2000 model. The little info I found
says at the time this was a awesome bike. Would it make sense to put some money into it or is the frame considered outdated. I currently ride a Trek 7300FX and want to get into a road bike. He says it has dura ace components. So spend money on a tune up and maybe replace some parts or save for a new road bike.🙂it's worth getting tuned up and ridden. Not worth dumping a small fotune into on upgrades....If you ae paying for a tuneup on a bike of that vintage you don't know enough to be jumping on the upgrade bandwagon anyway.
-
I agree with boudreaux. Unless certain parts (chain, cassette+chainrings) are shot, spruce them up and ride as it is. Bikes from that era (good ones anyway) are considered vintage and you might get brownie points for restoring it.
-
shannons dad said:
I agree with boudreaux.
Holy [censored]! A friggin lovefest between you two guys!
A little TLC on the 2000 and ride it as a vintage bike. Enjoy, a free bike is a great deal.
-
Thanks all for the replys. I pick it up tonight and will try to restore to the original. Found a neat site called vintage-trek.com that has some resources to use. Going old school soon.🙂
-
capwater said:
Holy [censored]! A friggin lovefest between you two guys!
Very Funny!!! LOL!!
Active in the last 60 minutes
Active in this thread
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.