General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Body parts wont quit falling asleep!

Started by Jerry_meyers · · Last activity · 6 posts · 1,306 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
4 June 2004
Last activity
13 June 2004
Original author
Jerry_meyers
Posts
6
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,306
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–6 of 6
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi Was hoping maybe someone has experienced something
    similar to this and can give me some advice...

    About 2 months ago I noticed my circulation has severely
    deterioated. I can't even sit down for a space of a couple
    minutes anymore without my legs starting to fall asleep. My
    head is constantly fuzzy, like it and my face are about to
    fall asleep at any moment. If my arms are at a slight bend
    for more than 30 seconds my fingers start to tingle...

    What is wrong with me? Im 34, 5' 11" and 188 lbs. I could
    stand to lose a few pounds but am not really out of space. I
    dont smoke. Ive been exercising quite a bit over the past
    few months but it's not helping the situation.

    Im really starting to get worried. Its clear the blood just
    isnt flowing like it should be. Do u have guesses what's
    wrong with me and what I can do about it?

    Thanks for any ideas

  2. jerry_meyers said:


    Hi Was hoping maybe someone has experienced something
    similar to this and can give me some advice...

    About 2 months ago I noticed my circulation has severely
    deterioated. I can't even sit down for a space of a couple
    minutes anymore without my legs starting to fall asleep.
    My head is constantly fuzzy, like it and my face are about
    to fall asleep at any moment. If my arms are at a slight
    bend for more than 30 seconds my fingers start to
    tingle...

    What is wrong with me? Im 34, 5' 11" and 188 lbs. I could
    stand to lose a few pounds but am not really out of space.
    I dont smoke. Ive been exercising quite a bit over the
    past few months but it's not helping the situation.

    Im really starting to get worried. Its clear the blood
    just isnt flowing like it should be. Do u have guesses
    what's wrong with me and what I can do about it?

    Sounds like you may be developing some sort of
    polyneuropathy (perhaps you are diabetic). Would suggest you
    inform your doctor of your symptoms.

    Quoted message said:

    Thanks for any ideas

    You are welcome, Jerry.

    Servant to the humblest person in the universe,

    Andrew

    --
    Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
    Board-Certified Cardiologist
    heartmdphd.comheartmdphd.com

    **
    Who is the humblest person in the universe?
    makeashorterlink.commakeashorterlink.com

    What is all this about?
    makeashorterlink.commakeashorterlink.com

    Is this spam?
    makeashorterlink.commakeashorterlink.com

  3. Any other symptoms? The picture is way too incomplete.

    I guess the first thing would be to get a complete physical
    to see if there is anything obvious (doubtful).

    Report back here after talking to your doctor.

    Thanks,

    Mike

    --
    To reply via email remove the X's from my email address:
    [email hidden]

    "jerry_meyers" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi
    Was hoping maybe someone has experienced something similar to this and can
    give me some advice...

    About 2 months ago I noticed my circulation has severely deterioated. I
    can't even sit down for a space of a couple minutes anymore without my


    legs

    Quoted message said:

    starting to fall asleep. My head is constantly fuzzy, like it and my face
    are about to fall asleep at any moment. If my arms are at a slight bend


    for

    Quoted message said:

    more than 30 seconds my fingers start to tingle...

    What is wrong with me? Im 34, 5' 11" and 188 lbs. I could stand to lose a
    few pounds but am not really out of space. I dont smoke. Ive been


    exercising

    Quoted message said:

    quite a bit over the past few months but it's not helping the situation.

    Im really starting to get worried. Its clear the blood just isnt flowing
    like it should be. Do u have guesses what's wrong with me and what I can


    do

    Quoted message said:

    about it?

    Thanks for any ideas

  4. Are you on Lipitor, Crestor, Zocor, or one of the other
    statin drugs?

    Peripheral neuropathy and Polyneuropathy are proven
    adverse effects.

    "jerry_meyers" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi Was hoping maybe someone has experienced something
    similar to this and can give me some advice...

    About 2 months ago I noticed my circulation has severely
    deterioated. I can't even sit down for a space of a couple
    minutes anymore without my


    legs

    Quoted message said:

    starting to fall asleep. My head is constantly fuzzy, like
    it and my face are about to fall asleep at any moment. If
    my arms are at a slight bend


    for

    Quoted message said:

    more than 30 seconds my fingers start to tingle...

    What is wrong with me? Im 34, 5' 11" and 188 lbs. I could
    stand to lose a few pounds but am not really out of space.
    I dont smoke. Ive been


    exercising

    Quoted message said:

    quite a bit over the past few months but it's not helping
    the situation.

    Im really starting to get worried. Its clear the blood
    just isnt flowing like it should be. Do u have guesses
    what's wrong with me and what I can


    do

    Quoted message said:

    about it?

    Thanks for any ideas

  5. "jerry_meyers" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi Was hoping maybe someone has experienced something
    similar to this and can give me some advice...

    About 2 months ago I noticed my circulation has severely
    deterioated. I can't even sit down for a space of a couple
    minutes anymore without my legs starting to fall asleep.
    My head is constantly fuzzy, like it and my face are about
    to fall asleep at any moment. If my arms are at a slight
    bend for more than 30 seconds my fingers start to
    tingle...


    Unless you had a REALLY big blod clot directly in your heart
    I have to concur with everyone else.

  6. I'd make an appointment with a cardiologist... take
    care..... Nel

    ...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Hi Was hoping maybe someone has experienced something
    similar to this and


    can

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    give me some advice...

    About 2 months ago I noticed my circulation has severely
    deterioated. I can't even sit down for a space of a
    couple minutes anymore without my


    legs

    Quoted message said:

    starting to fall asleep. My head is constantly fuzzy,
    like it and my


    face

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    are about to fall asleep at any moment. If my arms are
    at a slight bend


    for

    Quoted message said:

    more than 30 seconds my fingers start to tingle...

    What is wrong with me? Im 34, 5' 11" and 188 lbs. I
    could stand to lose


    a

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    few pounds but am not really out of space. I dont smoke.
    Ive been


    exercising

    Quoted message said:

    quite a bit over the past few months but it's not
    helping the situation.

    Im really starting to get worried. Its clear the blood
    just isnt


    flowing

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    like it should be. Do u have guesses what's wrong with
    me and what I can


    do

    Quoted message said:

    about it?

    Thanks for any ideas

    ---
    Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-
    virus system (grisoft.comgrisoft.com). Version: 6.0.701 /
    Virus Database: 458 - Release Date: 6/7/04

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.