General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Blimpie Carb Counter sandwiches

Started by Takster · · Last activity · 11 posts · 351 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
31 October 2004
Last activity
3 November 2004
Original author
Takster
Posts
11
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
351
Views / 30 days
7

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–11 of 11
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi All,

    Has anyone tried them or know how accurate thier net carb numbers are.
    I tired the durango roast beef today and it was great. almost to great to
    believe it is only 8 net carbs. Thier website doesn't have any detail(that
    I could find) on the specific sandwich.

    Thanks

  2. I don't know about Blimpie, but my understanding is that low carb fast foods
    are a [censored] shoot. The minimum wage employees make mistakes.

    If you throw away the bun, your odds are improved.

    "Takster" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi All,

    Has anyone tried them or know how accurate thier net carb numbers are.
    I tired the durango roast beef today and it was great. almost to great to
    believe it is only 8 net carbs. Thier website doesn't have any


    detail(that

    Quoted message said:

    I could find) on the specific sandwich.

    Thanks

  3. Just what you need, blimpie.

    --
    You take stupid to a new level. -- MFW

    "Takster" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi All,

    Has anyone tried them or know how accurate thier net carb numbers are.
    I tired the durango roast beef today and it was great. almost to great to
    believe it is only 8 net carbs. Thier website doesn't have any
    detail(that
    I could find) on the specific sandwich.

    Thanks

  4. If you're expecting to reach your goals, you'll need to remove all food
    choices that are "carb like" such as breads and tortilla wraps. In my
    area, Subway has introduced Atkin's approved wraps. I'm not a big fan
    of them because my body does not know the difference. It reduces the
    carb by incorporating more soy and adding more fiber. Best way to
    reduce carbs is not eat wraps all together. Just eat the insides, the
    bacon, chicken and vegetables. But every "body" is diffeent. See how
    you feel in the morning. If you feel a fatter the next morning, it
    looks like Bimpie is not good.

    Zachary Shimano

    JC Der Koenig said:

    Just what you need, blimpie.

    --
    You take stupid to a new level. -- MFW

    "Takster" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi All,

    Has anyone tried them or know how accurate thier net carb numbers


    are.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I tired the durango roast beef today and it was great. almost to


    great to

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    believe it is only 8 net carbs. Thier website doesn't have any
    detail(that
    I could find) on the specific sandwich.

    Thanks

  5. <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    If you're expecting to reach your goals, you'll need to remove all food
    choices that are "carb like" such as breads and tortilla wraps. In my
    area, Subway has introduced Atkin's approved wraps. I'm not a big fan
    of them because my body does not know the difference. It reduces the
    carb by incorporating more soy and adding more fiber. Best way to
    reduce carbs is not eat wraps all together. Just eat the insides, the
    bacon, chicken and vegetables.

    I just bought some carb reduced wraps today because if I do not have the
    carb reduced ones then I will go for the regular ones when I am craving a
    wrap and these I can keep in the freezer until needed. 5 net carbs per 10
    inch wrap.

  6. That's why you still weigh 400 pounds.

    --
    You take stupid to a new level. -- MFW

    "Jaime" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    If you're expecting to reach your goals, you'll need to remove all food
    choices that are "carb like" such as breads and tortilla wraps. In my
    area, Subway has introduced Atkin's approved wraps. I'm not a big fan
    of them because my body does not know the difference. It reduces the
    carb by incorporating more soy and adding more fiber. Best way to
    reduce carbs is not eat wraps all together. Just eat the insides, the
    bacon, chicken and vegetables.

    I just bought some carb reduced wraps today because if I do not have the
    carb reduced ones then I will go for the regular ones when I am craving a
    wrap and these I can keep in the freezer until needed. 5 net carbs per 10
    inch wrap.

  7. That's why you still weigh 400 pounds.

    --
    You take stupid to a new level. -- MFW

    "Jaime" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    If you're expecting to reach your goals, you'll need to remove all food
    choices that are "carb like" such as breads and tortilla wraps. In my
    area, Subway has introduced Atkin's approved wraps. I'm not a big fan
    of them because my body does not know the difference. It reduces the
    carb by incorporating more soy and adding more fiber. Best way to
    reduce carbs is not eat wraps all together. Just eat the insides, the
    bacon, chicken and vegetables.

    I just bought some carb reduced wraps today because if I do not have the
    carb reduced ones then I will go for the regular ones when I am craving a
    wrap and these I can keep in the freezer until needed. 5 net carbs per 10
    inch wrap.

  8. "[email hidden]" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    If you're expecting to reach your goals, you'll need to remove all food
    choices that are "carb like" such as breads and tortilla wraps.

    And why exactly is that? I don't see why an occasional wrap as part
    of a carb budget should prevent anyone from reaching goals. IMO, it's
    far more likely that needless restrictions ultimately lead to failure.

    In my

    Quoted message said:

    area, Subway has introduced Atkin's approved wraps. I'm not a big fan
    of them because my body does not know the difference. It reduces the
    carb by incorporating more soy and adding more fiber.

    And how is it that your body doesn't know this?

    Best way to

    Quoted message said:

    reduce carbs is not eat wraps all together. Just eat the insides, the
    bacon, chicken and vegetables. But every "body" is diffeent.

    That contradicts #1 above, doesn't it?

    See how

    Quoted message said:

    you feel in the morning. If you feel a fatter the next morning, it
    looks like Bimpie is not good.

    Zachary Shimano

    JC Der Koenig said:

    Just what you need, blimpie.

    --
    You take stupid to a new level. -- MFW

    "Takster" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi All,

    Has anyone tried them or know how accurate thier net carb numbers


    are.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I tired the durango roast beef today and it was great. almost to


    great to

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    believe it is only 8 net carbs. Thier website doesn't have any
    detail(that
    I could find) on the specific sandwich.

    Thanks

  9. That's why you're still fat.

    --
    You take stupid to a new level. -- MFW

    "Chet Hayes" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    "[email hidden]" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    If you're expecting to reach your goals, you'll need to remove all food
    choices that are "carb like" such as breads and tortilla wraps.

    And why exactly is that? I don't see why an occasional wrap as part
    of a carb budget should prevent anyone from reaching goals. IMO, it's
    far more likely that needless restrictions ultimately lead to failure.

    In my

    Quoted message said:

    area, Subway has introduced Atkin's approved wraps. I'm not a big fan
    of them because my body does not know the difference. It reduces the
    carb by incorporating more soy and adding more fiber.

    And how is it that your body doesn't know this?

    Best way to

    Quoted message said:

    reduce carbs is not eat wraps all together. Just eat the insides, the
    bacon, chicken and vegetables. But every "body" is diffeent.

    That contradicts #1 above, doesn't it?

    See how

    Quoted message said:

    you feel in the morning. If you feel a fatter the next morning, it
    looks like Bimpie is not good.

    Zachary Shimano

    JC Der Koenig said:

    Just what you need, blimpie.

    --
    You take stupid to a new level. -- MFW

    "Takster" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...
    > Hi All,
    >
    > Has anyone tried them or know how accurate thier net carb numbers


    are.

    Quoted message said:

    > I tired the durango roast beef today and it was great. almost to


    great to

    Quoted message said:

    > believe it is only 8 net carbs. Thier website doesn't have any
    > detail(that
    > I could find) on the specific sandwich.
    >
    > Thanks

  10. Chet Hayes said:

    "[email hidden]" <[email hidden]> wrote in


    message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    If you're expecting to reach your goals, you'll need to remove all


    food

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    choices that are "carb like" such as breads and tortilla wraps.

    And why exactly is that? I don't see why an occasional wrap as part
    of a carb budget should prevent anyone from reaching goals. IMO,


    it's

    Quoted message said:

    far more likely that needless restrictions ultimately lead to


    failure.

    Quoted message said:

    I disagree. I think losing weight not feeling hungry or deprived is
    what will drive you. Carbs from breads or tortilla is problematic
    because most people can't stop with half a slice. I consider it to be a
    "trigger" food. Why? It triggers your appetite. The temptation to eat
    more is unstoppable. If you must eat carbs, eat wholesome foods such as
    oatmeal with no sugar or salt. Oatmeal is great because it fills you up
    and most people won't eat more than they have too.

    Zachary Shimada

    Quoted message said:


    In my

    Quoted message said:

    area, Subway has introduced Atkin's approved wraps. I'm not a big


    fan

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    of them because my body does not know the difference. It reduces


    the

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    carb by incorporating more soy and adding more fiber.

    And how is it that your body doesn't know this?

    Mentally, you're assuming it's a carb filled piece of food. It's a
    tortilla wrap. And your body will also consider it to be the same and
    store it as fat.

    Quoted message said:

    Best way to

    Quoted message said:

    reduce carbs is not eat wraps all together. Just eat the insides,


    the

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    bacon, chicken and vegetables. But every "body" is diffeent.

    That contradicts #1 above, doesn't it?


    How does it contradict #1
    bacon - 0 carbs
    chicken - 0 carbs
    vegetable - not enough carbs to effect ketosis

    Quoted message said:


    See how

    Quoted message said:

    you feel in the morning. If you feel a fatter the next morning, it
    looks like Bimpie is not good.

    Zachary Shimano

    JC Der Koenig said:

    Just what you need, blimpie.

    --
    You take stupid to a new level. -- MFW

    "Takster" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...
    > Hi All,
    >
    > Has anyone tried them or know how accurate thier net carb


    numbers

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    are.

    Quoted message said:

    > I tired the durango roast beef today and it was great. almost


    to

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    great to

    Quoted message said:

    > believe it is only 8 net carbs. Thier website doesn't have any
    > detail(that
    > I could find) on the specific sandwich.
    >
    > Thanks

  11. "[email hidden]" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:
    Chet Hayes said:

    "[email hidden]" <[email hidden]> wrote in


    message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    If you're expecting to reach your goals, you'll need to remove all


    food

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    choices that are "carb like" such as breads and tortilla wraps.

    And why exactly is that? I don't see why an occasional wrap as part
    of a carb budget should prevent anyone from reaching goals. IMO,


    it's

    Quoted message said:

    far more likely that needless restrictions ultimately lead to


    failure.

    Quoted message said:

    I disagree. I think losing weight not feeling hungry or deprived is
    what will drive you. Carbs from breads or tortilla is problematic
    because most people can't stop with half a slice. I consider it to be a
    "trigger" food. Why? It triggers your appetite. The temptation to eat
    more is unstoppable. If you must eat carbs, eat wholesome foods such as
    oatmeal with no sugar or salt. Oatmeal is great because it fills you up
    and most people won't eat more than they have too.

    Zachary Shimada

    Thanks for that great tip! Instead of eating a wrap with 5g of carb,
    eat a cup of oatmeal with 22g! What exactly makes oatmeal a wholesome
    food and a good LC choice while a wrap is something that triggers
    cravings? I've eaten lots of wraps with no problems. They are great
    for not only wraps, but make a wonderful mini pizza. You really don't
    know much about LC do you?

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    In my

    Quoted message said:

    area, Subway has introduced Atkin's approved wraps. I'm not a big


    fan

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    of them because my body does not know the difference. It reduces


    the

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    carb by incorporating more soy and adding more fiber.

    And how is it that your body doesn't know this?

    Mentally, you're assuming it's a carb filled piece of food. It's a
    tortilla wrap. And your body will also consider it to be the same and
    store it as fat.

    Quoted message said:

    Best way to

    Quoted message said:

    reduce carbs is not eat wraps all together. Just eat the insides,


    the

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    bacon, chicken and vegetables. But every "body" is diffeent.

    That contradicts #1 above, doesn't it?


    How does it contradict #1
    bacon - 0 carbs
    chicken - 0 carbs
    vegetable - not enough carbs to effect ketosis

    Quoted message said:


    See how

    Quoted message said:

    you feel in the morning. If you feel a fatter the next morning, it
    looks like Bimpie is not good.

    Zachary Shimano

    JC Der Koenig wrote:
    > Just what you need, blimpie.
    >
    > --
    > You take stupid to a new level. -- MFW
    >
    >
    > "Takster" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > news:[email hidden]...
    > > Hi All,
    > >
    > > Has anyone tried them or know how accurate thier net carb


    numbers
    are.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > > I tired the durango roast beef today and it was great. almost


    to
    great to

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > > believe it is only 8 net carbs. Thier website doesn't have any
    > > detail(that
    > > I could find) on the specific sandwich.
    > >
    > > Thanks

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.