This is a continuation to my previous thread on biking the perimeter
of Australia:
As mentioned, I was usure about what route to pick and I am thankful
for your suggestions. What do you think of this route, which I picked
out using my map:
Brisbane
Brisbane Forest Park
Dundas
Somerset Dam
Kilcoy (-> D'Aguilar HWY)
Moore
Nanango (-> Burnett HWY)
Goomeri
Gayndah
Eidsvold
Monto
Biloela (-> Dawson HWY)
Banana
Springsure (-> Gregory HWY)
Emerald
Clermont
Belyando Crossing
Charters Towers
.... then going west towards Katherine
Quoted message said:From Melbourne and going north to Brisbane
Sorrento
Korumburra (-> Gippsland HWY)
Yarram
Giffard
Sale
Bengworden
Bairnsdale
Bruthen
Nowa Nowa (-> Princess HWY)
Cann River (-> Monaro HWY)
Rockton
Cooma
Queanbeyan
Tarago
Goulburn (there will be a small strech of gravel here going north to
Taralga)
Taralga
Oberon
Lithgow
Kurrajong
Colo Heights
Howes Valley
Singleton
Gresford
Dungog
Stroud Road
Gloucester (-> Thunderbolts Way)
Walcha
Uralla
Armidale
Ebor
Clouds Creek
Grafton (-> Summerland Way)
Casino
Woodenbong (Lindsay HWY)
Rathdowney
Brisbane
Any comments and suggestions for alternatives are highly
appreciated :-)
As a side note: I have absolutely no clue how it looks down under in
terms of roads, steepness of the roads etc.
PS: We all now that the Pacific highway is very populated in terms of
traffic. But when I look at Australia I see that people must chose the
Hume HWY if they want to go from Melborune to Sydney og vice versa (at
least if they want to go fast). Does that mean that the pacific route
between Melbourne and Sydney is less populated than the part north of
Sydney ... or is it crammed with RV's? Is the Pacific route only
horror on weekends and holidays? Can somebody tell me when are the
Holidays in Victoria, NSW and Quensland in July, August and September?
Thank you in advance,
Lucas Jensen