Road Cycling · Public discussion

Bikes And Crime

Started by lectraplayer · · Last activity · 23 posts · 2,758 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
11 March 2015
Last activity
22 August 2015
Original author
lectraplayer
Posts
23
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,758
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–23 of 23
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. It is quite unlikely that I will see such a scene. At any rate a bike is still something that criminals can use to get away from a crime scene or they can use it to deliver illegal drugs and what not. I would not be surprised at all if one day a cop will do a random inspection

  2. I've seen campus police checking bike racks - I know they were looking for bikes without the mandatory registration tag - which I think they could confiscate and impound pending a small fine - iirc this was 30 years ago. I think so many bikes were stolen on campus they didn't care.

  3. I don't live in the best of areas and yeah bikes are used for some crimes around these parts I'm pretty sure. I've seen shady looking guys turning up to places on bikes delivering packages, and I once saw two boys on bikes riding into an alley way with a cop car screeching to a halt outside it a few moments later.

    It depends on the area you live in I suppose.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.