Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

bike measurement chart

Started by Jim Flom · · Last activity · 21 posts · 827 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
27 November 2007
Last activity
28 November 2007
Original author
Jim Flom
Posts
21
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
827
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–21 of 21
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 22:26:12 GMT, "Jim Flom"

    may have said:

    "Werehatrack" <[email hidden]> wrote...

    Quoted message said:


    Anything adustable has no "original spec", since the idea is that it
    gets adjusted to fit the rider both at the time of sale and as the
    rider fine-tunes it later.

    I can see that the way I phrased my question wasn't as clear as it might've
    been. By "original spec" I meant the original fit my LBS provided me with
    when they fit my best bike to me. The chart will enable me to record that
    so I can re-create it after a dissassembly. In my case, I have also used
    that fit as a template for fitting two other roads bikes that I got from
    less fit-tuned bike shops. I understand there are variances between the
    frames, etc., but it gives me a starting place.

    Ah! yes, I was misled.

    Assuming that the items are in their desired arrangement now, how
    about paint-marking the various bits of seat rail and clamp, and
    putting a cable tie around the post at the limit of correct insertion?
    Another paint mark on the bars adjacent to the gap in the clamp would
    allow easy restoration of that to its proper position, as would marks
    for the brifters (assuming their locus is not evident from clamping
    marks).

    --
    My email address is antispammed; pull WEEDS if replying via e-mail.
    Typoes are not a bug, they're a feature.
    Words processed in a facility that contains nuts.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.