Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

Best parts mail order stores? Pls HELP.

Started by Ronald Shu · · Last activity · 6 posts · 424 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
24 September 2004
Last activity
25 September 2004
Original author
Ronald Shu
Posts
6
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
424
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–6 of 6
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi, all:
    I am new for bike NGs. I just got a new TREK 4300 Mtn. bike. I need
    to order some parts (tools, cleaner,lube, cable luber, brushes etc.) for
    maintenance. Would you please recommend some good mail order stores
    offering good services and the lowest price. I much appreciate your input.

    Ronald

  2. "Ronald Shu" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi, all:
    I am new for bike NGs. I just got a new TREK 4300 Mtn. bike. I need to
    order some parts (tools, cleaner,lube, cable luber, brushes etc.) for
    maintenance. Would you please recommend some good mail order stores
    offering good services and the lowest price. I much appreciate your input.

    Ronald

    Have used all of the listed stores without problems.

    http://cambriabike.com/

    http://www.jensonusa.com

    http://www.nashbar.com/

    http://www.pricepoint.com/

    http://www.supergo.com/

  3. Ronald Shu said:

    Hi, all:
    I am new for bike NGs. I just got a new TREK 4300 Mtn. bike. I
    need to order some parts (tools, cleaner,lube, cable luber, brushes
    etc.) for maintenance. Would you please recommend some good mail
    order stores offering good services and the lowest price. I much
    appreciate your input.

    Ronald

    Get these from your local bike shop (LBS) too, or REI. You end up
    even after s/h...

    --
    - Zilla
    Cary, NC
    (Remove XSPAM)

  4. "Ronald Shu" <[email hidden]> schreef in bericht
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi, all:
    I am new for bike NGs. I just got a new TREK 4300 Mtn. bike. I need
    to order some parts (tools, cleaner,lube, cable luber, brushes etc.) for
    maintenance. Would you please recommend some good mail order stores
    offering good services and the lowest price. I much appreciate your input.

    Ronald

    in which country? usenet is being read worldwide....afterall

    --
    Posted by news://news.nb.nu

  5. Zilla said:

    Get these from your local bike shop (LBS) too, or REI. You end up
    even after s/h...

    REI's always seemed expensive to me, but for little things it seems ok...

    I tend to lean on Performance (www.performancebike.com for the newbie)
    for about half the bike stuff I buy since they're both online and brick
    and mortar. I tend to shop on the web and then go buy the stuff in the
    store to get it faster and/or save on shipping.

    I used to support the true "LBS" a little bit more, and also liked that
    they were a Trek dealer. but due to the fact that they couldn't even
    true a wheel without an 8-day turnaround the last time I went in, I
    started to get a little annoyed. they're actually a small chain of bike
    shops that shall remain nameless but hey they do plenty of business
    without me buying tubes, lube, and other small stuff off them.

    bri

    --

    * enjoying the karma *
    remove LKJSDFJSD from address to email

  6. bri719 said:
    Zilla said:

    Get these from your local bike shop (LBS) too, or REI. You end up
    even after s/h...

    REI's always seemed expensive to me, but for little things it seems
    ok...
    (snip)

    bri

    --

    * enjoying the karma *
    remove LKJSDFJSD from address to email

    I responded accordingly.

    --
    - Zilla
    Cary, NC
    (Remove XSPAM)

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.