What do you think the best factory ( ie trek, cannondale, giant, felt etc...) time trial bike available on the market is?? Bike has to be complete, not a build up, peddals excluded of course
Cycling Equipment · Public discussion
Best factory TT bike available
Thread navigation
Jump through the discussion
Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.
Thread details
What we know about this thread
- Original section
- Cycling Equipment
- Published
- 17 March 2007
- Last activity
- 20 March 2007
- Original author
- Scotttri
- Posts
- 13
- Discussion status
- Public discussion
- Total views
- 1,420
- Views / 30 days
- 0
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
-
-
Scotttri said:
What do you think the best factory ( ie trek, cannondale, giant, felt etc...) time trial bike available on the market is?? Bike has to be complete, not a build up, peddals excluded of course
How much $$$ you got?
BMC Time Machine
Scott Plasma LTD
Trek Equinox TTX 9.9
plus a heap of others.By the way - there is NO best. They all do the same thing - put you in an aero position and let you achieve your potential. How it fits you is more important, and some stuff to do with your ability and fitness.
-
roshea said:
How much $$$ you got?
BMC Time Machine
Scott Plasma LTD
Trek Equinox TTX 9.9
plus a heap of others.By the way - there is NO best. They all do the same thing - put you in an aero position and let you achieve your potential. How it fits you is more important, and some stuff to do with your ability and fitness.
ok i'll elaborate, money isn't a factor, and it's personal opinion i'm after, what do you ( emphasise you) think the best factory time trial bike is?? -
I'm riding a TTX 9.5 (same exact frame as the TTX 9.9) and I love it. It has helped my TT times a lot since I got it this offseason. I cannot really comment on other because I haven't ridden any others.
Many people do like the Cervelo P3 though.
-
Best value for money easily goes to the new giant Trinity Alliance. The fork is extremely nice and the frame is an excellent shape. BMC TT02 are also a very nice machine. TT01 qualify for custom not factory.
-
I normally vote:
1. Felt
2. Cervelo
3. Giant
But today its my Wheeler! 😉Now it can be your Wheeler for only $750 😄
-
Cervelo P3. Simple.
The best time trial legs?......priceless. -
Scotttri said:
What do you think the best factory ( ie trek, cannondale, giant, felt etc...) time trial bike available on the market is?? Bike has to be complete, not a build up, peddals excluded of course
So which one did you actually buy (or are planning to buy) and are in search of ego validation for??🙂🙂
-
The new Felt DA looks pretty sweet. Pretty aero with normal brake callipers being positioned just behind the bottom bracket. Also pretty pricy... I would rather get a Pinarello Montello FP8 for a similar price (The best looking TT bike out there IMO)
And I really wouldn't complain about getting a look 496 (i think thats the number).Then again I've only ever dreamt of riding those.... hopefully be able to in the future.🙂
-
Scotttri said:
What do you think the best factory ( ie trek, cannondale, giant, felt etc...) time trial bike available on the market is?? Bike has to be complete, not a build up, peddals excluded of course
Scott Plasma (David Millar beat the [censored] out of in-form Levi Lepheimer on a Trek TTX at the Paris-Nice Prologue)My other favorites are the Orbea Ordu, BMC Time Machine and Cervelo P3 ( in that order).
-
I personally use an Isaac Joule though I am not sure if this comes complete or not. If local TT's and triathlons are anything to go by the Cervelo P3 or P2 is consistently popular.
If you want some serious "Ohhhhh" factor then the Time RXR could be a choice. Haven't seen many of those for some reason.....
-
Yeah, I would not say no to a Time RXR... why is it that all TT bikes of any sort of value just look so cool. The TT bikes from Time, Felt, BMC, Look, Trek etc (I'm sure there are many more) all look really really cool. Then again, maybe I'm just a sucker for wavy curves 😉
Active in the last 60 minutes
Active in this thread
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.