General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Best Elbow Specialist in Nation

Started by Beach Runner · · Last activity · 22 posts · 1,149 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
30 January 2005
Last activity
5 February 2005
Original author
Beach Runner
Posts
22
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,149
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 22
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I'll repeat my question. I've had elbow problems with 5 diagnoses
    from several local experts. It's stopped much of my workouts. I've tried
    even a year of "rest".

    My previous request was not responded to.

  2. "Beach Runner" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I'll repeat my question. I've had elbow problems with 5 diagnoses from
    several local experts. It's stopped much of my workouts. I've tried even a
    year of "rest".

    My previous request was not responded to.

    Are you sure it's your elbow, [censored]?

  3. Beach Runner said:

    I've had elbow problems with 5 diagnoses from several local experts.

    So what did they tell you?

    Quoted message said:

    It's stopped much of my workouts. I've tried even a year of "rest".

    One or both elbows? What exercises bother it/them?

  4. Vladimir Vladimirovich said:

    "Beach Runner" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I'll repeat my question. I've had elbow problems with 5 diagnoses from
    several local experts. It's stopped much of my workouts. I've tried even a
    year of "rest".

    My previous request was not responded to.

    Are you sure it's your elbow, [censored]?

    What a nice response.

    I can recommend the best hernia specialist in the nation. I assume
    other people just might have some experiences.

    Quoted message said:


  5. Jeff Finlayson said:
    Beach Runner said:

    I've had elbow problems with 5 diagnoses from several local experts.

    So what did they tell you?

    Quoted message said:

    It's stopped much of my workouts. I've tried even a year of "rest".

    One or both elbows? What exercises bother it/them?

    One elbow. A sports doctor said elbow reconstruction, (former NHL
    hockey player), another said the same, another hand specialist said
    nonsense, it's the ulnae nerve, but EMG studies are negative, but the
    pain follows the nerve, a reflexologist, certified really digs in say
    they're in the wrong place and inflamed. She's really talented. I know
    people that couldn't walk and refer to her as her angle after she worked
    on them.

    When I had my hernia's repaired I had them done locally and was in
    terrible pain, and one failed. I figured a hernia is no big deal.
    Finally I took my friend's advice and went to the Hernia Institute in
    South Miami. What a difference. I didn't need pain pills. He used
    innovative Prolene system which used the forces that cause the hernia to
    hold it together. I recommended him to a competitive body builder in
    our area, and she was working out 1 week later. She said it was the
    best advise of her life. That was Dr. Gilbert, the only hernia doctor
    rated in the top 50 surgeons in the US. He was innovative, taught, and
    an obvious genius.

    I'm sure other people just might have come across similar situations
    where they have found someone that is much better than the typical
    specialist.

    As far as insulting me for asking the question, that's a really stupid
    response.

  6. "Beach Runner" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Vladimir Vladimirovich said:

    "Beach Runner" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I'll repeat my question. I've had elbow problems with 5 diagnoses from
    several local experts. It's stopped much of my workouts. I've tried even
    a year of "rest".

    My previous request was not responded to.

    Are you sure it's your elbow, [censored]?

    What a nice response.

    I can recommend the best hernia specialist in the nation. I assume other
    people just might have some experiences.


    Do you think it's possible the tone of your post was inappropriate? Aside
    from the tone of your post, you included no specifics regarding your elbow
    problems, and no real question, other than the "best elbow specialist"
    mentioned in the header. Apparently nobody here has searched nationwide for
    an elbow specialist. That said, someone might still have helpful advice for
    you, if you volunteer some info.

  7. Jeff Finlayson said:
    Beach Runner said:

    I've had elbow problems with 5 diagnoses from several local experts.

    So what did they tell you?

    Quoted message said:

    It's stopped much of my workouts. I've tried even a year of "rest".

    One or both elbows? What exercises bother it/them?

    Good question. Just my right. Swimming, mousing, and much worse are
    things like chinning, curls, and the like. Daily life.

    I've had EMG and MRIs. A sports doctor recommends elbow reconstruction
    (former NHL player), as duplicated by his hand specialist buddy. My
    hand specialist say's nonsense, it's the nerve, but em studies are
    negative. Other type of specialists give different answers. I've
    tried doctor's greatest ally, time, to no effect.

    To those that insulted me, I thought someone just might have some
    valuable information.

    I had my hernia's done locally, ignoring my friend's recommendation.
    They were horrible painful operations. They knocked me out of action
    for months. When one failed I went to see Dr. Gilbert at the Hernia
    Institute of Florida. He used the Prolene System he invented, which used
    the forces that caused the hernia to hold it together. I had no pain.

    I recommended him to a nervous competitive body builder. In one week
    she was working out full strength and said it was the best
    recommendation she ever had. Dr. Gilbert is retired now but if you have
    a hernia, it's worth the trip to Miami and the Hernia Institute.
    (Gilbert is still the director).

    It seemed likely that someone had some really positive experience they
    wished to share.

  8. "Beach Runner" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:
    Jeff Finlayson said:
    Beach Runner said:

    I've had elbow problems with 5 diagnoses from several local experts.


    So what did they tell you?

    Quoted message said:

    It's stopped much of my workouts. I've tried even a year of "rest".


    One or both elbows? What exercises bother it/them?


    Good question. Just my right. Swimming, mousing, and much worse are
    things like chinning, curls, and the like. Daily life.

    I've had EMG and MRIs. A sports doctor recommends elbow reconstruction
    (former NHL player), as duplicated by his hand specialist buddy. My hand
    specialist say's nonsense, it's the nerve, but em studies are negative.
    Other type of specialists give different answers. I've tried doctor's
    greatest ally, time, to no effect.

    To those that insulted me, I thought someone just might have some valuable
    information.

    Did any of those physicians diagnose you with an annoyingly thin skin?

    Welcome to the modern world of medical specialization. Your dilemma is much
    more common that you might imagine. It comes down to taking responsibility
    for your own health. Consider all the opinions and decide. You decide.

    If it were me, I'd start with the least invasive treatment and work up to
    "elbow reconstruction".

    David

  9. Beach Runner said:

    As far as insulting me for asking the question, that's a really stupid
    response.

    No one insulted you for asking. You got insulted for acting like you
    were entitled to an answer.

  10. The Queen of Cans and Jars said:
    Beach Runner said:

    As far as insulting me for asking the question, that's a really stupid
    response.

    No one insulted you for asking. You got insulted for acting like you
    were entitled to an answer.


    "Beach Runner" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Are you sure it's your elbow, [censored]?

    I'd call that an insult.

    If I originally went to the best Hernia Doctor in the country, Dr.
    Gilbert, I would have been much better off. I share the Hernia
    Institute advise to other's. Everyone I have recommended them to has
    thanked me.

    It is not far fetched that there are some great elbow experts in this
    nation. It is also a worthwhile question.

  11. Beach Runner said:
    The Queen of Cans and Jars said:
    Beach Runner said:

    As far as insulting me for asking the question, that's a really stupid
    response.

    No one insulted you for asking. You got insulted for acting like you
    were entitled to an answer.


    "Beach Runner" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Are you sure it's your elbow, [censored]?

    I'd call that an insult.

    Dude, it's mfw. People sling all kinds of [censored] around here all the
    time. You've posted here before; you ought to know what goes on. Take
    what's useful and ignore the rest, or learn to give as good as you get.

    Either way, don't be a whiner.

  12. Beach Runner said:
    Jeff Finlayson said:
    Beach Runner said:

    I've had elbow problems with 5 diagnoses from several local experts.

    So what did they tell you?

    Quoted message said:

    It's stopped much of my workouts. I've tried even a year of "rest".

    One or both elbows? What exercises bother it/them?

    One elbow. A sports doctor said elbow reconstruction, (former NHL
    hockey player), another said the same, another hand specialist said
    nonsense, it's the ulnae nerve, but EMG studies are negative, but the
    pain follows the nerve, a reflexologist, certified really digs in say
    they're in the wrong place and inflamed. She's really talented. I know
    people that couldn't walk and refer to her as her angle after she worked
    on them.

    OK, thanks for the explanation. That does sound bad. Good luck.

    Quoted message said:

    As far as insulting me for asking the question, that's a really stupid
    response.

    What are you talking about? I have not insulted you at all.

  13. Jeff Finlayson said:
    Beach Runner said:
    Jeff Finlayson said:

    Beach Runner wrote:

    > I've had elbow problems with 5 diagnoses from several local experts.

    So what did they tell you?

    > It's stopped much of my workouts. I've tried even a year of "rest".

    One or both elbows? What exercises bother it/them?

    One elbow. A sports doctor said elbow reconstruction, (former NHL
    hockey player), another said the same, another hand specialist said
    nonsense, it's the ulnae nerve, but EMG studies are negative, but the
    pain follows the nerve, a reflexologist, certified really digs in say
    they're in the wrong place and inflamed. She's really talented. I know
    people that couldn't walk and refer to her as her angle after she
    worked on them.

    OK, thanks for the explanation. That does sound bad. Good luck.

    Quoted message said:

    As far as insulting me for asking the question, that's a really stupid
    response.

    What are you talking about? I have not insulted you at all.

    You didn't insult me. I said to someone that's a great question. Now I'm
    looking for an excellent resource and am willing travel the country or
    world.

    We have an excellent ophthalmologist in town. A great group. They were
    ready to remove my friend's son's eye. Said it was his only option.
    Instead, he jumped into his BMW, drove 125 mph to Palmer Eye Institute
    and the kid still has his eye. He got on the phone to the cops, and
    while they wouldn't officially escort him, they followed him down. The
    kid has two eyes.

    It has been my experience that it is sometimes it is worth finding the
    best. This list has some great experience and it was worth asking.
    Just as I will advise anyone who has a hernia to get on a plane and go
    to Miami, it's worth the trip. You'll be working out the following
    week. Most surgeons think of hernias as "bread and butter" operations.

    I thought someone here just might have injured their elbow and I might
    have learned from their experience. This is just one place I am looking.

    I really miss pushing weights.

  14. Beach Runner said:

    I'll repeat my question. I've had elbow problems with 5 diagnoses
    from several local experts. It's stopped much of my workouts. I've tried
    even a year of "rest".

    My previous request was not responded to.

    Go search the Internet for a specialist. Nobody here is in charge of
    keeping track of specialists of any kind, much less ranking them for
    your use. Your tone is pretty [censored], too. I'd expect this post to have
    gotten some 'responses' reflect that. I look forward to reading through
    them :-) Nobody here is a doctor (not that you say what's wrong with
    your elbow, or who/what your "local experts" are), nor is anyone here a
    medical psychic, so if all you want is a referal to a specialist, go ask
    your doctor you moron!

    --
    spammage trappage: replace fishies_ with yahoo

    I'm going to die rather sooner than I'd like. I tried to protect my
    neighbours from crime, and became the victim of it. Complications in
    hospital following this resulted in a serious illness. I now need a bone
    marrow transplant. Many people around the world are waiting for a marrow
    transplant, too. Please volunteer to be a marrow donor:
    http://www.abmdr.org.au/
    http://www.marrow.org/

  15. spodosaurus said:
    Beach Runner said:

    I'll repeat my question. I've had elbow problems with 5 diagnoses
    from several local experts. It's stopped much of my workouts. I've
    tried even a year of "rest".

    My previous request was not responded to.

    Go search the Internet for a specialist. Nobody here is in charge of
    keeping track of specialists of any kind, much less ranking them for
    your use. Your tone is pretty [censored], too. I'd expect this post to have
    gotten some 'responses' reflect that. I look forward to reading through
    them :-) Nobody here is a doctor (not that you say what's wrong with
    your elbow, or who/what your "local experts" are), nor is anyone here a
    medical psychic, so if all you want is a referal to a specialist, go ask
    your doctor you moron!

    People ADVERTISE on the net. I was looking for positive experiences
    someone might share. I hadn't found the Hernia Institute from my doctor.

    I've seen specialists in my area. If my friend trusted the best eye
    doctors in our area, his son would be missing an eye.

    And some people here may well be doctors.

    Thanks for your kind words.

  16. Beach Runner said:
    spodosaurus said:
    Beach Runner said:

    I'll repeat my question. I've had elbow problems with 5 diagnoses
    from several local experts. It's stopped much of my workouts. I've
    tried even a year of "rest".

    My previous request was not responded to.

    Go search the Internet for a specialist. Nobody here is in charge of
    keeping track of specialists of any kind, much less ranking them for
    your use. Your tone is pretty [censored], too. I'd expect this post to
    have gotten some 'responses' reflect that. I look forward to reading
    through them :-) Nobody here is a doctor (not that you say what's
    wrong with your elbow, or who/what your "local experts" are), nor is
    anyone here a medical psychic, so if all you want is a referal to a
    specialist, go ask your doctor you moron!

    People ADVERTISE on the net. I was looking for positive experiences
    someone might share. I hadn't found the Hernia Institute from my doctor.

    I've seen specialists in my area. If my friend trusted the best eye
    doctors in our area, his son would be missing an eye.

    And some people here may well be doctors.

    Thanks for your kind words.

    It sounds like half the people are telling you ulnar nerve, and half are
    telling you joint problem. It sounds like the people that are saying
    joint problem are orthopaedic surgeons, am I right? The thing to
    remember with surgeons, even the very best surgeons, is that they always
    have a surgical solution :-) That may not be the 'best' solution,
    though, and I think you're of that opinion, too.

    My recomendation would be to try another specialist: a rheumatologist. I
    got lucky and found one that works with several professional teams and
    multiple professional athletes. Unfortunately, he's in Western
    Australia, so probably a little out of your reach and a bit of overkill
    at the moment. Find a rheumatologist locally (and if the first one
    doesn't work, go to a second one: most people I've spoken with took two
    or three tries to get a good rheumatologist, I just got lucky on my
    first go).

    Also, you might want to post to alt.support.arthritis. There are almost
    200 kinds of arthritis, from all sorts of causes, and the folks on that
    group are pretty darned helpful. They might be able to help you get a
    bit closer to figuring out what's going on with your elbow. Who knows,
    you might even be able to find someone there that knows of a good
    rheumatologist in, or close to, your local area. Also, people there are
    much nicer than misc.fitness.weights. Not necessarilly me, I'm a grumpy
    [censored] virtually everywhere, but I'm much less grumpy there.

    Cheers,

    Ari

    --
    spammage trappage: replace fishies_ with yahoo

    I'm going to die rather sooner than I'd like. I tried to protect my
    neighbours from crime, and became the victim of it. Complications in
    hospital following this resulted in a serious illness. I now need a bone
    marrow transplant. Many people around the world are waiting for a marrow
    transplant, too. Please volunteer to be a marrow donor:
    http://www.abmdr.org.au/
    http://www.marrow.org/

  17. "spodosaurus" <spodosaurus@_yahoo_.com> wrote i

    Quoted message said:

    [snipped a lot]

    ...I'm a grumpy [censored] virtually everywhere...

    I must be having one of those days. This really made me smile. Thanks,
    Ari.

    Selene

    --

    Don't top post in this NG - it's a tough crowd and you don't want to annoy
    them. --Tim Williams

  18. Beach Runner said:
    Jeff Finlayson said:
    Beach Runner said:

    Jeff Finlayson wrote:

    > Beach Runner wrote:
    >
    >> I've had elbow problems with 5 diagnoses from several local experts.
    >
    >
    > So what did they tell you?
    >
    >> It's stopped much of my workouts. I've tried even a year of "rest".
    >
    >
    > One or both elbows? What exercises bother it/them?

    One elbow. A sports doctor said elbow reconstruction, (former NHL
    hockey player), another said the same, another hand specialist said
    nonsense, it's the ulnae nerve, but EMG studies are negative, but the
    pain follows the nerve, a reflexologist, certified really digs in say
    they're in the wrong place and inflamed. She's really talented. I know
    people that couldn't walk and refer to her as her angle after she
    worked on them.

    OK, thanks for the explanation. That does sound bad. Good luck.

    Quoted message said:

    As far as insulting me for asking the question, that's a really stupid
    response.

    What are you talking about? I have not insulted you at all.

    You didn't insult me. I said to someone that's a great question. Now I'm
    looking for an excellent resource and am willing travel the country or
    world.

    We have an excellent ophthalmologist in town. A great group. They were
    ready to remove my friend's son's eye. Said it was his only option.
    Instead, he jumped into his BMW, drove 125 mph to Palmer Eye Institute
    and the kid still has his eye. He got on the phone to the cops, and
    while they wouldn't officially escort him, they followed him down. The
    kid has two eyes.

    It has been my experience that it is sometimes it is worth finding the
    best. This list has some great experience and it was worth asking.
    Just as I will advise anyone who has a hernia to get on a plane and go
    to Miami, it's worth the trip. You'll be working out the following
    week. Most surgeons think of hernias as "bread and butter" operations.

    I thought someone here just might have injured their elbow and I might
    have learned from their experience. This is just one place I am looking.

    Point being...

    it depends on the SPECIFIC INJURY. Bone break? One specialist.
    Tendon or ligament tear? DIFFERENT specialist. Nerve impingement or
    damage? DIFFERENT specialist yet. Staph infection? etc. etc.

    There's no generic "elbow" specialist any more than there is a generic
    "head" specialist who'd do ENT AND Neurosurgery AND plastic surgery
    AND throat surgery AND...

  19. Selene said:

    "spodosaurus" <spodosaurus@_yahoo_.com> wrote i

    Quoted message said:

    [snipped a lot]

    ...I'm a grumpy [censored] virtually everywhere...

    I must be having one of those days. This really made me smile. Thanks,
    Ari.

    Selene

    My wife said I could get something similar on a T-Shirt :-)

    --
    spammage trappage: replace fishies_ with yahoo

    I'm going to die rather sooner than I'd like. I tried to protect my
    neighbours from crime, and became the victim of it. Complications in
    hospital following this resulted in a serious illness. I now need a bone
    marrow transplant. Many people around the world are waiting for a marrow
    transplant, too. Please volunteer to be a marrow donor:
    http://www.abmdr.org.au/
    http://www.marrow.org/

  20. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Vladimir Vladimirovich said:

    "Beach Runner" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Vladimir Vladimirovich said:

    "Beach Runner" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    >I'll repeat my question. I've had elbow problems with 5 diagnoses from
    >several local experts. It's stopped much of my workouts. I've tried even
    >a year of "rest".
    >
    >My previous request was not responded to.

    Are you sure it's your elbow, [censored]?


    What a nice response.

    And reasonably clever, too.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I can recommend the best hernia specialist in the nation. I assume other
    people just might have some experiences.

    You picked the wrong joint. If you had shoulder problems, I could
    recommend the best guy (at least in New York, and he's had patients
    from the midwest fly in to see him, so he's at least got a claim to be
    the best).

    Quoted message said:

    Do you think it's possible the tone of your post was inappropriate? Aside
    from the tone of your post, you included no specifics regarding your elbow
    problems, and no real question, other than the "best elbow specialist"
    mentioned in the header.

    Not only that, he didn't specify _which_ nation.

    Seth
    --
    Can I suggest that you just declare yourself the winner and shut up
    and squat? -- Wendy Marsden

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.