Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Best Bike Frame In The World

Started by rossoreduk · · Last activity · 129 posts · 26,694 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
31 October 2003
Last activity
20 April 2004
Original author
rossoreduk
Posts
129
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
26,694
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 129
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Ok guys we all ride bikes......some have them, others dream about them while others still, save up every last penny to buy them.......I'm talkin AWESOME bike frames.....

    A frame is what makes a bike I reckon.... You can dress a bike in Record or Dura Ace but if the frame is poor then the bikes gonna be below par.....

    my question is, what is without a doubt the best frame money can buy? Are we talkin a big name frame like the Colnago c50 or a Pinarello Dogma? Or would the best frame be a custom made frame? something designed for the individual rider?

    Just what is perfection? And how much does it cost???????????

    😕 😕 😕 😕 😕

  2. Quoted post said:

    Originally posted by rossoreduk
    Ok guys we all ride bikes......some have them, others dream about them while others still, save up every last penny to buy them.......I'm talkin AWESOME bike frames.....

    A frame is what makes a bike I reckon.... You can dress a bike in Record or Dura Ace but if the frame is poor then the bikes gonna be below par.....

    my question is, what is without a doubt the best frame money can buy? Are we talkin a big name frame like the Colnago c50 or a Pinarello Dogma? Or would the best frame be a custom made frame? something designed for the individual rider?

    Just what is perfection? And how much does it cost???????????

    😕 😕 😕 😕 😕

    It's a rusty Huffy from a dumpster and it's FREE!!

  3. The one that came out just after you bought your new bike!

    I'd say Klein. But I'm biased.

    Tim

  4. why r u biased?

  5. Klein
    I'm unbiased.

  6. COLNAGO - is there another?

    Maybe Pinarello TT

  7. what about a custom made SEVEN bike? the 2004 Elium looks edible!

  8. Quoted post said:

    Originally posted by rossoreduk
    why r u biased?

    I'm biased because they're so beautifully made and until recently out of my financial reach. Kind of like a forbidden fruit. I just bought a used one, mountain, and the difference in ride quality between it and my Cannondale mtn. bike is unbelievable. I'm really surprised at how noticable the difference is.

    Tim

  9. The one that I can't afford

  10. For the road, mine is a Carrera Zeus
    [img]nexternal.comcarrera%20zeus.gif[/img]

    For mountain, Ibis Bow Ti
    Image in Best Bike Frame In The World

    For total style, Merlin Newsboy
    Image in Best Bike Frame In The World

  11. The best frame is the one that fits you right

  12. Best would no doubt be the Pinarello Dogma Ego, with silver carbon fiber. Kind of limited production run, but at $16250 USD (frame only), you're not going to see them everyday.

    A riding buddy mentioned he saw one on Lance's Ride for the Roses in Austin last weekend. He said they look spectacular in person, as well they should.

    Dan

  13. at $16200...that's a good downpayment on a house or a new car...I can't imagine the ride is exponentially better from a good production bike

  14. I'm a modest kind of person .. Look KG481SL for the road and Cannondale Scalpel for XC MTB. You could probably buy both of them, fully kitted out, for the price of that Pinarello. 😉

  15. For me: Giant TCR Composite

  16. what about a Ralleigh bike? Made in Nottingham you know! Complete with basket on front aswell!

  17. The best frame is the one sitting in my garage. It's the perfect blend of performance, appearance, comfort, and especially... price.

  18. Quoted post said:

    Originally posted by JohnO
    The best frame is the one sitting in my garage. It's the perfect blend of performance, appearance, comfort, and especially... price.

    And what bike frame may that be then?

  19. I'll take a Bill Holland Frame, oh yeah I have two. handmade fillet brazed frames. One road bike, the other a track bike. You can keep your production frames

  20. Quoted post said:

    Originally posted by RRBfxgear
    I'll take a Bill Holland Frame, oh yeah I have two. handmade fillet brazed frames. One road bike, the other a track bike. You can keep your production frames


    Nice, classic!

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.