Your Bloody Soap Box · Public discussion

Best 60's 70's TV show

Started by zapper · · Last activity · 69 posts · 7,603 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Your Bloody Soap Box
Published
18 February 2005
Last activity
10 March 2005
Original author
zapper
Posts
69
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
7,603
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 69
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I notice that a particular poster here in the soapbox displays a genuine love for American nostalgic Television particularly Mary Tyler Moore... What is your favorite 60's 70's TV show. Mine are listed below:

    Star Trek
    Get Smart
    Benny Hill
    Wild Wild West
    Smothers brothers
    Laugh In

  2. (1) The Invaders (A Quinn Martin production)
    (2) The Six Million Dollar Man
    (3) Starsky and Hutch
    (4) Lost In Space
    (5) Star Trek
    e.t.c. e.t.c. e.t.c

    zapper said:

    I notice that a particular poster here in the soapbox displays a genuine love for American nostalgic Television particularly Mary Tyler Moore... What is your favorite 60's 70's TV show. Mine are listed below:

    Star Trek
    Get Smart
    Benny Hill
    Wild Wild West
    Smothers brothers
    Laugh In

  3. Carrera said:

    (1) The Invaders (A Quinn Martin production)
    (2) The Six Million Dollar Man
    (3) Starsky and Hutch
    (4) Lost In Space
    (5) Star Trek
    e.t.c. e.t.c. e.t.c

    Oh yes the Invaders....I forgot about that show. My brother loved it. I seem to remember the lead actors face....I think he starred in a few other little shows then disappeared... Cool show though...

  4. I'm kind of sadened that Enterprize is in it's last season.

    First season was a bit lame but latter ones I saw were more intresting.

    Was looking forward to watching them on re-runs. I have watched perhaps a total of 7 episodes of the new Enterprize.

    I still find the orginal Star Trek a total kick.

  5. zapper said:

    I notice that a particular poster here in the soapbox displays a genuine love for American nostalgic Television particularly Mary Tyler Moore... What is your favorite 60's 70's TV show. Mine are listed below:

    Star Trek
    Get Smart
    Benny Hill
    Wild Wild West
    Smothers brothers
    Laugh In


    Wild Wild West was one of my absolute favorites!

    Dukes of Hazzard
    Battlestar Galactica
    Buck Rogers

    I think those shows are from the 80's but I loved 'em

  6. Hands down favorite: Gunsmoke. M*A*S*H was great too.

  7. Dr.Hairybiker said:

    Hands down favorite: Gunsmoke. M*A*S*H was great too.


    That made me think of another one, Bonanza.

  8. Of course, Star Trek.
    But one of my favorites was Gilligan's Island. When the Skipper looks at the camera [after Gilligan doing something stupid], that gets me every time!! LOL

  9. To name just a few, not in any particular order:

    Adam 12
    Emergency
    High Chapparal
    Death Valley Days
    Grizzly Adams
    S.W.A.T.
    The Rookies
    Quark
    High Sierra Search and Rescue
    All in the Family
    Sanford and Son
    Family Affair
    Jonny Quest

    We actually used to role play characters from a number of these when we were kids. 😄

  10. I grew up in a small town that only got two channels. My favorite show of that era was Gilligan's Island. Mary Ann was my sweetheart!

  11. Oh yeah, snyper. . . . . .Mary Ann. So much more than Ginger. 🙄

    And yeah, Sanford and Son was another good show! When he started singing, "....and would I be sure that this is love. . .beyond compaaaaaarrre..."

    Great stuff! 😄

  12. Shreklookalike said:

    To name just a few, not in any particular order:

    Adam 12
    Emergency
    High Chapparal
    Death Valley Days
    Grizzly Adams
    S.W.A.T.
    The Rookies
    Quark
    High Sierra Search and Rescue
    All in the Family
    Sanford and Son
    Family Affair
    Jonny Quest

    We actually used to role play characters from a number of these when we were kids. 😄

    Grizzly Freakin Adams ruled! Does anyone know where to get DVD's of old TV series?

  13. Fawlty Towers,
    Porridge,
    Open all Hours,
    Steptoe..
    Monty Python
    Likely Lads..

    think of more soon...i didnt get most of the American stuff coz i didnt have cable/satellite in the 70's...

  14. MountainPro said:

    Fawlty Towers,
    Porridge,
    Open all Hours,
    Steptoe..
    Monty Python
    Likely Lads..

    think of more soon...i didnt get most of the American stuff coz i didnt have cable/satellite in the 70's...

    I wasn't in England much so it was Jeanne Moreau, Jean Gabin, Simone Signoret, Yves Montand, Monsieur Hulot, Jean Louis Bunuel, Federico Garcia Lorca, Albert Camus, Franz Kafka, Jean Paul Sartre and Charlie Chaplin.
    On the other hand
    Bilko
    Beverley Hillbillies
    All MP says
    The Two Ronnies
    Clarence (Ronnie Barker, underestimated)
    The Prisoner
    Benny Hill
    No American stuff because I told my little son that he was not allowed to watch trash, and my wife who was French agreed.
    Oh dear, I must say that I absolutely adored Alias Smith and Jones.

  15. MountainPro said:

    Fawlty Towers,
    Porridge,
    Open all Hours,
    Steptoe..
    Monty Python
    Likely Lads..

    think of more soon...i didnt get most of the American stuff coz i didnt have cable/satellite in the 70's...


    I'm surprised that you even had television.

  16. FredC said:

    I'm surprised that you even had television.


    yeah, it was one of those old steam ones with valves and stuff...

  17. MountainPro said:

    yeah, it was one of those old steam ones with valves and stuff...


    Valves? Solenoid valves for the dispensation of various sauces under nitrogen pressure.?

  18. FredC said:

    Valves? Solenoid valves for the dispensation of various sauces under nitrogen pressure.?


    nah, different valves altogether, nothing to do with pnematic sauce dispensing at all...honestly.

    how can we foeget classic such as George and Mildred, Crown Court and The Clangers (my personal fave)

  19. zapper said:

    I notice that a particular poster here in the soapbox displays a genuine love for American nostalgic Television particularly Mary Tyler Moore... What is your favorite 60's 70's TV show. Mine are listed below:

    Star Trek
    Get Smart
    Benny Hill
    Wild Wild West
    Smothers brothers
    Laugh In

    Star Trek,
    Mork & Mindy
    Hawaii 50, ("book 'im, danno !)
    Get Smart,
    Ironside,
    Columbo,
    Rowan & Martins Laugh In,
    Rhoda,
    MTM,
    Six Million Dollar Man,
    Bionic Woman,
    Petrocelli,
    The Brady Bunch,
    Waltons,
    The Odd Couple,
    Rockford Files,
    MASH,
    Kojack (Hey, Crocker),
    Starsky & Hutch,
    Charlies Angels,
    McMillan & Wife,
    Beachcombers (Relic),

  20. Previous answer was restricted to US progs :

    My all time list :

    Fawlty Towers
    Two Ronnies
    Porridge,
    Steptoe,
    Q9 (Spike Milligans series).
    Riping Yarns (Michael Palin).
    Parkinson,
    Question of Sport (Gareth Edwards and Emlyn Hughes RIP).

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.