Beer!

G

What beer does everyone here drink?

VB for me
drink.gif

Beer - uuugggghhhhh...... beer is yukky ! I can not understand how people can drink beer - the taste is totally foul. :mad:

I hate the taste of beer! I've never seemed to aquire a taste for it. Same with whiskey. Only time I drink beer is if it's mixed with Sprite (beer-shandy). I'm a sportsdrink fanatic.

I usually drink 'Heineken' but I prefer Belgium beer.

Leffe Triple
Duvel
Hoeghaerden Gran Cru

The Nice 'n Heavy ones.

I usually drink 'Heineken' but I prefer Belgium beer.
Leffe Triple
Duvel
Hoeghaerden Gran Cru
The Nice 'n Heavy ones.

Yeeooww! How can you drink that stuff? :eek:

I hate the taste of beer! I've never seemed to aquire a taste for it. Same with whiskey.

mmm burbon, I think i drank to much of that last night :-[ went l ike a dog out training this morning, had ta resort to the 21 cog on a climb i can normally do in the 17 :mad:

You know the saying a cup of alcohol is ok just not 2 or 3 cups so here goes. ;D ;D ;D ;D

ok i couldnt resist posting a joke ;D

wine.jpg
and no its not me

HAHA

Nicholas my guess is your permanently over .05 ;D jk

;D ;D After THAT amount of bourbon that dude is going to FLY up Alp d'Huez!!

uuggg iiii feeeel siiiick foooor hiiiis paaaart

mmm burbon, I think i drank to much of that last night  :-[ went l ike a dog out training this morning, had ta resort to the 21 cog on a climb i can normally do in the 17  :mad:

mmmwaaaheeehahahahahahaha
alcohol and cycling don't mix! ;D

Okay I'll bite to that one. :D

Yes I do drink beer, mainly Worthingtons Creamflow or if I can get it Miller Draft.

Is it me, but I find that of course I don't feel too sharp in the mornings after drinking , but If I drink in a pub which has Smokers (yuch) around me , then the effects of the morning after are ten times as bad.

and I mean baaaaaaaaaaad. :-[

Nope, no alchohol for me, thank you. Got too many bad memories of that stuff. Drink a lot of Coca Cola though, and that is just as bad for cycling, I think. I heard they say beer is good for carbo loading ???. Is it true or just an excuse to down a few without feeling guilty? ;D ;D

Ahhhhh..... the old hops and barley!!!

Personally I believe its the ultimate form of carboloading.....its mainly water, so you're hydrated. The added hops, barley and grains give you those much wanted slow-release carbos. And once you let rip with the inevitable 70 dB burp, you feel so much lighter, perfect for going fast uphill ;D

My personal favourite brew is Pilsner Urquell...a beer from Czechoslovakia (spelling???). Anybody know it?

I don't drink often but when I do it's usually a cider but sometimes a lager. Only Castle lager though :)

When I'm fit I can't drink much. The metabolism is so fast and your body processes the alcohol so efficiently that I can't manage more than one or two drinks. But I seem to recover fairly quickly from the effects. ;D

Ever sat in the bunch a smelt the guys who were drinking the night before. The sweat smell is absolutely putrid. yeeuuuck!!!

reynhardt, alcohol may be good for carboloading but not for hydration. ;)

Yip, I'm with you on this one! One Smirnoff Ice (5% alchohol vol.) and I start buzzing!
I'll be honest, I don't handle alchohol very well :-[

I used to be able to handle at least a bit of alchohol. Now even half a glass of anything alcholic puts me on a buzz.

I dont like beers, stick to ciders. Wine has to be sweet. Hard tack I stay away from. I like shooters but I only have them when forced to at social gatherings. Other wise I just dont touch alcohol.

At work they think I'm mad, I dont touch coffee, I dont smoke and I dont drink. But I dont consider myself a health fanatic. I'll eat anything in my way.