rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Attention: North Jersey Area Unicyclists

Started by unipsychler · · Last activity · 7 posts · 256 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
8 September 2005
Last activity
10 September 2005
Original author
unipsychler
Posts
7
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
256
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–7 of 7
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Calling all North Jersey area unicyclists:

    North Haledon, NJ is having it's annual North Haledon Day. There will
    be a parade at 1:00pm then a picnic afterwards with fireworks to
    follow.

    My boys and I will be riding in the parade representing my little
    business, RideTheUnicycle.Com, in an attempt to heighten unicycle
    awareness in the town. During the picnic until dusk I'll be joining
    local businesses in the town park where we'll display what we do to the
    locals. I'll be selling my book, Ride The Unicycle - A Crash Course!,
    T-shirts and Uni-Pens. I'll also be raffling off a brand new 20" Sun
    unicycle.

    I thought it would be nice to get as many North Jersey area unicyclists
    as possible to ride in the parade to make it a more spectacular
    showing.

    Anyone interested in joining us please let me know by responding to this
    thread or emailing me at [email hidden].

    The details are as follows:

    North Haledon Day Parade
    North Haledon, NJ 07508
    Parade Kickoff is 1:00pm at the Eastern Christian High School, 50
    Oakwood Avenue, North Haledon, NJ

    Picnic from 1:00pm to dusk
    Fireworks to follow.

    --
    unipsychler - Ride The Unicycle ~ A Crash Course!

    Interested in learning to ride the unicycle QUICKLY AND SAFELY? Or how
    about getting one of the coolest uni t-shirts around? Check out my
    website at www.ridetheunicycle.com
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    unipsychler's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9338
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43175

  2. Unfortunately I'll be riding in an AIDS charity ride Saturday (50
    miles)... I'm going to school at East Stroudsburg... maybe we can get
    together for a ride sometime?

    Dave

    --
    fcwegnm0b - HammerTron

    "You build a wood contraception that slides over it and has a removable
    pin at the top to keep it in place" - carsonpalooza

    "o yeah how do i change that thing under my name that says i dont know
    how to change this?" - habbywall

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    fcwegnm0b's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8357
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43175

  3. Im going to try and get a ride there, but what will I be doing? Is it
    going to be mostly flat terrain, I dont really want to fall in a parade,
    but it might just happen. Do you have any unis I can try out while I'm
    there? All I have ridden is my LX and I want to try something else.
    How old are your kids? (Just hoping ones around my age) How long will
    the ride be?

    e39m5
    (Really only the next town over)

    --
    e39m5
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    e39m5's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9836
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43175

  4. My sons are 10 and 8. The parade route is pretty easy. There's a
    little hill in the middle of the route. Falling is ok. If you can free
    mount than it's no real problem. If you need help starting then one of
    us can help you. I have several different uni's you can try. I'll be
    riding my 5 foot custom. Two of my boys will be on 18". Son #3 will
    ride his bicycle since he doesn't uni yet. And son #4 who is only 1
    will ride in a little car that my wife will pull.

    Hope to see you there.

    --
    unipsychler - Ride The Unicycle ~ A Crash Course!

    Interested in learning to ride the unicycle QUICKLY AND SAFELY? Or how
    about getting one of the coolest uni t-shirts around? Check out my
    website at www.ridetheunicycle.com
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    unipsychler's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9338
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43175

  5. OK, looks like I can go. Im planning on getting there about 10 till. Do
    you have like a trials cycle you can bring? That would be awesome if
    you do. I just hopped on the uni and went up and down my street without
    a UDP so I should be fine. Im just wearing jeans and a white quiksilver
    tshirt if thats OK. If theres something you want specifically just say
    so. My mom wants to know about helmets, will everyone be wearing one?
    I'm going to have to.

    E39M5

    --
    e39m5
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    e39m5's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9836
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43175

  6. I guess I didn't leave early enough. We got to a road lbock with 10
    minutes till 1 and the first cop sent us to another cop that was pretty
    far away. He let us through but that road just brought us back to the
    first cop who wouldn't. By then it was already 1 and we were told the
    walk was a good 3/4 of a mile away. Sorry aboutthat, I wish I could
    have made it. You should look into Franklin Lakes day, its coming up on
    the 24th. Theres no parade, but you could probably set up a little
    stand.

    e39m5

    --
    e39m5
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    e39m5's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9836
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43175

  7. unipsychler said:

    [BAnd son #4 who is only 1 will ride in a little car that my wife will
    pull. [/B]

    Why is he riding in a car and not uning

    --
    unist

    HAHA
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    unist's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10351
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43175

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.