Dee Randall said:
"Leila" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:If you grow rosemary and/or lavender, that is.
To clear my head, think straight, be creative, or lift my mood, I brew
a pot of black loose leaf tea (Earl Gray is nice - bergamot) with a
sprig or two of fresh rosemary and/or lavender. Of course dried herbs
would be ok but there's something about the fresh green herb plucked
from my garden (I live in a Mediterranean climate zone) that makes the
tea delicious. I'll bet the anti-oxidants are really good for you, too.
Traditional herbals think rosemary and lavender are good for about six
dozen things that might ail you. They are also mood-lifters and
supposed to be good for mental, verbal and creative work.
Oh yes and honey is so much better than white sugar in this concoction.
It has various properties that are supposed to be healthy for you but I
don't know what they are exactly.
Leila
http://www.realfoodliving.com/sugars.htm
says
Sugar causes calcium leakage from bones, contributing to osteoporosis while
honey does not.
I've also read that honey is the only natural food that does not rot.
Don't know if that's correct or not.
Dee Dee
From the Real Food Living page.
"DISCLAIMER: The Real Food Living FAQ and reprints are provided as
information only. The comments contained in the FAQ are the opinions
of our readers. Before making any radical changes in your diet, please
talk with your personal health care provider.
Vickilynn Haycraft, Editor"
I am always very skeptical about this type of information since they
provide no sources for their information. Anyone seen any scientific
testing on the subject.?
--
Susan N.
"Moral indignation is in most cases two percent moral,
48 percent indignation, and 50 percent envy."
Vittorio De Sica, Italian movie director (1901-1974