In article <[email hidden]>,
Quoted message said:The armadillo was probably [censored]-up. I've seen plenty of dead ones
alongside the road here in the midwest, but never a live one. One of
the funniest things I've ever seen was alongside a backroad south of
here. It was a dead armadillo on its' back and someone had balanced a
Busch beer can on its' belly.
Smokey
My brother is unfortunately not the killer that I am, and would live
capture armadillos and raccoons at his house, then take them 10 miles up
the road to a park and release them. Became a nightly project if he
wanted to keep the lawn.
The last state time trial championships I moto-reffed there were five
carcasses on the 30 k's of Texas Farm to Market road I patrolled. Three
'dillos, a 'possum and a coyote.
Felt it was my duty to clear the course of livestock, so my first pass
over the route was spent heaving road kill into the bar ditch.
I suppose I could have posed all the critters just for fun, but once you
get a whiff of a dead 'possum - all plans other than getting far, far
away go by the wayside.
Coyotes can get pretty big close to town, too. This one probably weighed
15 pounds...
Armadillos move in an extremely unpredictable way, and have a habit of
jumping two feet in the air when surprised.
Wouldn't want to hit any one of them, dead or alive, let alone subject
400 riders to smelling the dead ones coming and going.
Mike G.
-