Road Cycling · Public discussion

Are there competitive Asian Cyclists

Started by DOS · · Last activity · 6 posts · 2,656 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
17 January 2004
Last activity
29 January 2004
Original author
DOS
Posts
6
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,656
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–6 of 6
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I t seems that most mountainous countries or regions -- no matter how small -- are represented year in and year out in the grand tours -- think Colombians, Basques, etc. With Japan producing one of the major gruppos and being a rather mountainous place, it would seem logical that Japan would have produced a world class cyclist or two. Same perhaps could be said for Korea and Taiwan. Can anyone name an Asian cyclist who has been successful on the pro circuit. Just curious.

  2. Quoted post said:

    Originally posted by DOS
    I t seems that most mountainous countries or regions -- no matter how small -- are represented year in and year out in the grand tours -- think Colombians, Basques, etc. With Japan producing one of the major gruppos and being a rather mountainous place, it would seem logical that Japan would have produced a world class cyclist or two. Same perhaps could be said for Korea and Taiwan. Can anyone name an Asian cyclist who has been successful on the pro circuit. Just curious.

    Kyung Bang Song and Kam Po Wong go alright

  3. The only top competitive japanse riders are track sprinters, especially keirin riders. Mainly because of the widespread keirin racing and the betting that goes with it in Japan.

  4. I think that mi poo pong from japan, he is really great...

  5. There's ARNEL QUIRIMIT of the Philippines. He's in the pro-circuit in this country and also shows up in the Tour of Langkawi in Malaysia. I hear he's joining the Olympics as part of the national team.

  6. The Japaneae are coming

    I believe Bridgestone who are making ANCHOR road bikes are priming a team for the 2006 Tour De France.

    I have seen them race twice now and they are riding like machines... fast machines...

    It will be interesting to see their debut. They probably won't set the world on fire but they are going abiout this very seriously and they won't enter a team that will disgrace their product line. I hope they do well... (They have a few foreigners on the team as well)....

    Unfortuantely it doesn't look like I'm going to make the cut....

    😄

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.