rec.bicycles.rides · Public discussion

Are SUVs "evil" and bikes "good"?

Started by KingOfTheApes · · Last activity · 45 posts · 17,461 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.bicycles.rides
Published
25 June 2008
Last activity
29 June 2008
Original author
KingOfTheApes
Posts
45
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
17,461
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 41–45 of 45
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Quoted message said:


    I see you are religiously attached to your superiority citing "God and
    the Devil". I'm certain that drivers of passing cars sense your
    smugness and have no friendly feelings toward your presence.

    Bad cycling aura!

  2. Originally Posted by plumberroy
    I have left this thread alone for the last 2 pages but one remark has
    got me back in I'm going to try not to get my self in trouble:
    DQ
    If you made the statment about our soldiers being monkeys while in my
    house I would physically throw you out of my house! I will stop at
    that so not to get banned
    I have not set up my signature on this forum yet the signature I use
    is::
    Every breath I have ever taken as a free man was paid for in the blood
    of an American Soldier"

    Well, they can't come out completely clean when they are fighting the
    wrong war, and they know it. As a matter fact, the military is having
    a hard time meeting its quotas.

    But the whole issue of having few soldiers willing to volunteer to
    fight "their" wars would be solved if "their" kids had to serve. Yep,
    bring back the draft. You would see the war in Iraq be finished within
    a year.

    So far though it's the children of the poor who go pay the ultimate
    UNSELFISH sacrifice... For WHOM and for WHAT? For the most SELFISH
    bunch on earth to keep their SUVs going...

    Hey, that's kind of stupid, isn't it?

  3. 345 Employee (B A R R Y) said:
    Quoted message said:

    I see you are religiously attached to your superiority citing "God and
    the Devil".  I'm certain that drivers of passing cars sense your
    smugness and have no friendly feelings toward your presence.

    Bad cycling aura!

    I think they feel that God being "their co-pilot" allows them to do
    whatever they want.

    Besides, they probably think most cyclists are tree-huggers who don't
    deserve much respect.

  4. Well, I hope you find this funny. The Original Poster says:

    Biking is not for average joes
    "If people biked liked they drive , i.e assuming people see them,
    they'd be hit every week. I bike as though I am invisible and this
    helps me avoid one certain accident every week. I am convinced safe
    cycling takes a lot of equipment ( lights, mirror, etc ) and knowledge
    that average joes's simply do not have the desire to understand. That
    is why no matter how expensive gas becomes, people are still better
    off driving for their own safety."

    Then he gets attacked...

    "OP reminds me of Idiocracy.

    As the 21st century began, human evolution was at a turning point.
    Natural selection, the process by which the strongest, the smartest,
    the fastest, reproduced in greater numbers than the rest, a process
    which had once favored the noblest traits of man, now began to favor
    different traits. Most science fiction of the day predicted a future
    that was more civilized and more intelligent. But as time went on,
    things seemed to be heading in the opposite direction. A dumbing down.
    How did this happen? Evolution does not necessarily reward
    intelligence. With no natural predators to thin the herd, it began to
    simply reward those who reproduced the most, and left the intelligent
    to become an endangered species."

    And then I counter-attack...

    And then the dumb ones elected a President that reminds us of the
    stone age...

    http://www.bartcop.com/mo-caveman.jpg

    It was a real pitty that they threw over the board 10,000 years of
    civilization. 😉

    ***

    They've got a very nice forum there with all kinds of subdivisions
    within biking...

    http://www.bikeforums.net/index.php

  5. KingOfTheApes aka Comandante Banana aka donquixote1954 aka ??? said:

    [...]
    It's the same principle of the jungle: "The Big Fish eats the Little
    Fish!"

    Any more mixed metaphors?

    --
    Tom Sherman - Holstein-Friesland Bovinia
    The weather is here, wish you were beautiful

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.