Road Cycling · Public discussion

Are SIDI shoes worth 200 bucks?

Started by Panama Red · · Last activity · 10 posts · 404 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
25 July 2004
Last activity
27 July 2004
Original author
Panama Red
Posts
10
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
404
Views / 30 days
6

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–10 of 10
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. What is so special about sidi shoes?

    --
    "I think the best possible social program is a job."
    --Ronald Reagan

  2. Panama Red said:

    What is so special about sidi shoes?


    comfort, quality, style, function. Other than that, nothing

  3. Panama Red said:

    What is so special about sidi shoes?

    No shoe is worth a pinch of [censored] if it doesn't fit your foot exactly.
    Try on as many as you can in the size range around that of your foot.
    Buy the one that fits best. It may not be Sidi. That being said, I
    have owned a couple of pairs of Sidi over the years and because they
    fit my feet, I have been more than happy with them. They have been
    durable. Beware of buying too large.

  4. On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 01:02:22 GMT, Panama Red

    from AOLM slrn Mafia said:

    What is so special about sidi shoes?

    What's so special about any expensive pair of shoes?

    I have an expensive pair of SIDI's, and I chose them for three reasons: 1)
    they are lightweight, 2)They have lots of breatable nylon mesh that keep my
    feet cool on 100-degree days and 3) they have one strap and a larger velcro
    closer that makes it easy to put the shoes on and take them off. Of those
    three things, the ventilation was what I was willing to pay most for.

    --
    Kevan Smith
    [email hidden]

  5. "> "I think the best possible social program is a job."

    Quoted message said:

    --Ronald Reagan

    -while making it nearly impossible to get one-

  6. dreaded said:


    "> "I think the best possible social program is a job."

    Quoted message said:

    --Ronald Reagan

    -while making it nearly impossible to get one-

    What are you, a PATCO steward?

  7. Panama Red said:

    "I think the best possible social program is a job."
    --Ronald Reagan

    rofl

    [censored]

    Reagan was a [censored] and you are too for quoting his newspeak.

  8. Put another way.

    Is there anyone who is NOT happy with their SIDIs.

  9. Any shoe that has good construction, and fits well is worth it. Since I
    don't know your cycling habits its hard to comment beyond that.

    "Panama Red" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    What is so special about sidi shoes?

    --
    "I think the best possible social program is a job."
    --Ronald Reagan


    Any shoe that has good construction, and fits well is worth it. You are the
    one that is going to be living in them while on the bike. Since I don't
    know your cycling habits its hard to comment beyond that.

  10. In article <[email hidden]>,
    [email hidden] says...

    Quoted message said:

    What is so special about sidi shoes?

    To some it is , to others it isn't. Find a shoe that fits and is not that
    expensive. You can also shop around till you fine Sidi's for less money.
    I'm pretty sure there is some kind of price fixing going on. Especially
    since all the mail order places sell the shoes at the same price as the
    LBS.
    -------------
    Alex

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.