Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Are self-sealing tires good?

Started by Email address hidden · · Last activity · 19 posts · 643 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
17 November 2007
Last activity
19 November 2007
Original author
Email address hidden
Posts
19
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
643
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–19 of 19
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I searched but did not find much on them in last few years. Im
    mountain biking. Sometimes Im on ashphalt.

  2. Quoted message said:

    I searched but did not find much on them in last few years. Im
    mountain biking. Sometimes Im on ashphalt.

    Your user name is "selfsealing" and you have to ask?!? LOL

  3. TRY

    http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCEqSuperSection.jsp?ssid=Tube

    throneproofs are impenetrabble
    the self sealing thornproofs are de riguer for trans yemen sojourns
    and the occasional goathead minefield
    used here with kevlar belted tires from Conti
    tho 2 big apple Schwalbe are on the horizon

  4. datakoll said:

    TRY

    http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCEqSuperSection.jsp?ssid=Tube

    throneproofs are impenetrabble
    the self sealing thornproofs are de riguer for trans yemen sojourns
    and the occasional goathead minefield
    used here with kevlar belted tires from Conti
    tho 2 big apple Schwalbe are on the horizon

    too specialized? try these

    http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCEqSection.jsp?sid=EquipTubesMTB
    http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCEqSection.jsp?sid=EquipTubesRoad

  5. On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 16:55:51 -0800, "Bill Sornson" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I searched but did not find much on them in last few years. Im
    mountain biking. Sometimes Im on ashphalt.

    Your user name is "selfsealing" and you have to ask?!? LOL

    I know, it's like someone wondering why a guy with the initials "BS"
    posts so much of it.

  6. bill's the GENERALIZED [censored]

  7. gene's SPECIFICALLY NUTS

  8. Bill Sornson said:

    gene's SPECIFICALLY NUTS

    Isn't the Mike Sinyard's new breakfast cereal?
    --
    Andrew Muzi
    www.yellowjersey.org
    Open every day since 1 April, 1971

  9. A Muzi said:
    Bill Sornson said:

    gene's SPECIFICALLY NUTS

    Isn't the Mike Sinyard's new breakfast cereal?
    --
    Andrew Muziwww.yellowjersey.org
    Open every day since 1 April, 1971

    HOWEVER THERE ARE MOMENTS WHEN BILL LACKS DISCRETION

  10. datakoll aka gene daniels said:

    bill's the GENERALIZED [censored]

    The [censored] now have an army with generals?

    --
    Tom Sherman - Holstein-Friesland Bovinia
    "the grinning buddy bear carries a fork." - g.d.

  11. datakoll aka gene daniels said:
    A Muzi said:
    Bill Sornson said:

    gene's SPECIFICALLY NUTS


    Isn't the Mike Sinyard's new breakfast cereal?
    --
    Andrew Muziwww.yellowjersey.org
    Open every day since 1 April, 1971

    HOWEVER THERE ARE MOMENTS WHEN BILL LACKS DISCRETION

    Why does Google think there is someone named "Andrew Muziwww"?

    --
    Tom Sherman - Holstein-Friesland Bovinia
    "the grinning buddy bear carries a fork." - g.d.

  12. Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Bill Sornson wrote:
    > gene's SPECIFICALLY NUTS

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    A Muzi said:

    Isn't that Mike Sinyard's new breakfast cereal?
    Andrew Muziwww.yellowjersey.org
    Open every day since 1 April, 1971

    Quoted message said:
    datakoll aka gene daniels said:

    HOWEVER THERE ARE MOMENTS WHEN BILL LACKS DISCRETION

    Tom Sherman said:

    Why does Google think there is someone named "Andrew Muziwww"?

    I've asked that before but, despite a long discussion of your previous
    signature's features, which i didn't understand either, I have no idea.

    In my email and replies, it displays normally. Sometimes on r.b.t. it
    looks weird with sketchy line breaks. But not always.
    --
    Andrew Muzi
    www.yellowjersey.org
    Open every day since 1 April, 1971

  13. A Muzi said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > Bill Sornson wrote:
    >> gene's SPECIFICALLY NUTS
    A Muzi <[email hidden]> wrote:
    > Isn't that Mike Sinyard's new breakfast cereal?
    > Andrew Muziwww.yellowjersey.org
    > Open every day since 1 April, 1971


    datakoll aka gene daniels said:

    HOWEVER THERE ARE MOMENTS WHEN BILL LACKS DISCRETION


    Tom Sherman said:

    Why does Google think there is someone named "Andrew Muziwww"?

    I've asked that before but, despite a long discussion of your previous
    signature's features, which i didn't understand either, I have no idea.

    In my email and replies, it displays normally. Sometimes on r.b.t. it
    looks weird with sketchy line breaks. But not always.
    --
    Andrew Muziwww.yellowjersey.org
    Open every day since 1 April, 1971

    Dear Andrew,

    Your signature appears normally when you first post or reply to
    someone else.

    When another poster replies to your post, Google tacks the leading
    greater-than sign onto the front of your lines and reformats them.

    In the process, it can wrap lines, mistakenly jamming the word at the
    end of a line together with the link that begins the next line.

    Both of these should appear normally in _this_ post:

    Andrew Muzi
    www.yellowjersey.org

    Andrew Muzi
    www.yellowjersey.org

    Andrew Muzi

    www.yellowjersey.org

    But when I reply to myself in a moment, the first may be wrapped,
    while the other two (I hope) will be protected by the leading spaces
    and the extra line.

    Cheers,

    Carl Fogel

  14. Quoted message said:

    On Nov 18, 12:07 pm, A Muzi <[email hidden]> wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    In my email and replies, it displays normally. Sometimes on r.b.t. it
    looks weird with sketchy line breaks. But not always.
    --
    Andrew Muziwww.yellowjersey.org
    Open every day since 1 April, 1971

    Dear Andrew,

    Your signature appears normally when you first post or reply to
    someone else.

    When another poster replies to your post, Google tacks the leading
    greater-than sign onto the front of your lines and reformats them.

    In the process, it can wrap lines, mistakenly jamming the word at the
    end of a line together with the link that begins the next line.

    Both of these should appear normally in _this_ post:

    Andrew Muziwww.yellowjersey.org

    Andrew Muzi
    www.yellowjersey.org

    Andrew Muzi

    www.yellowjersey.org

    But when I reply to myself in a moment, the first may be wrapped,
    while the other two (I hope) will be protected by the leading spaces
    and the extra line.

    Cheers,

    Carl Fogel

    See? That's why I put the ugly little space in front of links in my
    posts. It leads to extra blank lines, but it prevents Google from
    goofing up the links that are practically the only valuable things in
    my ravings.

    Cheers,

    Carl Fogel

  15. Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    A Muzi said:

    In my email and replies, it displays normally. Sometimes on r.b.t. it
    looks weird with sketchy line breaks. But not always.
    --
    Andrew Muziwww.yellowjersey.org
    Open every day since 1 April, 1971

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Your signature appears normally when you first post or reply to
    someone else.

    When another poster replies to your post, Google tacks the leading
    greater-than sign onto the front of your lines and reformats them.

    In the process, it can wrap lines, mistakenly jamming the word at the
    end of a line together with the link that begins the next line.

    Both of these should appear normally in _this_ post:

    Andrew Muziwww.yellowjersey.org

    Andrew Muzi
    www.yellowjersey.org

    Andrew Muzi

    www.yellowjersey.org
    But when I reply to myself in a moment, the first may be wrapped,
    while the other two (I hope) will be protected by the leading spaces
    and the extra line.

    Quoted message said:

    See? That's why I put the ugly little space in front of links in my
    posts. It leads to extra blank lines, but it prevents Google from
    goofing up the links that are practically the only valuable things in
    my ravings.

    I added spaces to my sig file.
    Why should Google affect this? I never go there.
    --
    Andrew Muzi
    www.yellowjersey.org
    Open every day since 1 April, 1971

  16. On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 14:25:45 -0600, A Muzi <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    A Muzi <[email hidden]> wrote:
    > In my email and replies, it displays normally. Sometimes on r.b.t. it
    > looks weird with sketchy line breaks. But not always.
    > --
    > Andrew Muziwww.yellowjersey.org
    > Open every day since 1 April, 1971

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Your signature appears normally when you first post or reply to
    someone else.

    When another poster replies to your post, Google tacks the leading
    greater-than sign onto the front of your lines and reformats them.

    In the process, it can wrap lines, mistakenly jamming the word at the
    end of a line together with the link that begins the next line.

    Both of these should appear normally in _this_ post:

    Andrew Muziwww.yellowjersey.org

    Andrew Muzi
    www.yellowjersey.org

    Andrew Muzi

    www.yellowjersey.org
    But when I reply to myself in a moment, the first may be wrapped,
    while the other two (I hope) will be protected by the leading spaces
    and the extra line.

    Quoted message said:

    See? That's why I put the ugly little space in front of links in my
    posts. It leads to extra blank lines, but it prevents Google from
    goofing up the links that are practically the only valuable things in
    my ravings.

    I added spaces to my sig file.
    Why should Google affect this? I never go there.

    Dear Andrew,

    It isn't your original non-Google post that gets goofed up.

    Things go wrong when someone else using Google replies to your
    original post, which Google re-formats with the leading greater-than
    signs and other fuss.

    It may also get goofed up when going through _other_ sites, not just
    Google.

    Let's see what happens when Comcast gets its hands on things. Here are
    the three versions again, the first one that Google wraps together
    onto one line in replies, the second with leading spaces and the third
    with a blank line in the middle to foikl Google:

    Andrew Muzi
    www.yellowjersey.org

    Andrew Muzi
    www.yellowjersey.org

    Andrew Muzi

    www.yellowjersey.org

    I'll reply in a moment through Comcast and Forte Agent again.

    Cheers,

    Carl Fogel

  17. Quoted message said:

    On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 14:25:45 -0600, A Muzi <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > A Muzi <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >> In my email and replies, it displays normally. Sometimes on r.b.t. it
    >> looks weird with sketchy line breaks. But not always.
    >> --
    >> Andrew Muziwww.yellowjersey.org
    >> Open every day since 1 April, 1971

    Quoted message said:

    [email hidden] wrote:
    > Your signature appears normally when you first post or reply to
    > someone else.
    >
    > When another poster replies to your post, Google tacks the leading
    > greater-than sign onto the front of your lines and reformats them.
    >
    > In the process, it can wrap lines, mistakenly jamming the word at the
    > end of a line together with the link that begins the next line.
    >
    > Both of these should appear normally in _this_ post:
    >
    > Andrew Muziwww.yellowjersey.org
    >
    > Andrew Muzi
    > www.yellowjersey.org
    >
    > Andrew Muzi
    >
    > www.yellowjersey.org
    > But when I reply to myself in a moment, the first may be wrapped,
    > while the other two (I hope) will be protected by the leading spaces
    > and the extra line.

    Quoted message said:

    See? That's why I put the ugly little space in front of links in my
    posts. It leads to extra blank lines, but it prevents Google from
    goofing up the links that are practically the only valuable things in
    my ravings.

    I added spaces to my sig file.
    Why should Google affect this? I never go there.

    Dear Andrew,

    It isn't your original non-Google post that gets goofed up.

    Things go wrong when someone else using Google replies to your
    original post, which Google re-formats with the leading greater-than
    signs and other fuss.

    It may also get goofed up when going through _other_ sites, not just
    Google.

    Let's see what happens when Comcast gets its hands on things. Here are
    the three versions again, the first one that Google wraps together
    onto one line in replies, the second with leading spaces and the third
    with a blank line in the middle to foikl Google:

    Andrew Muzi
    www.yellowjersey.org

    Andrew Muzi
    www.yellowjersey.org

    Andrew Muzi

    www.yellowjersey.org

    I'll reply in a moment through Comcast and Forte Agent again.

    Cheers,

    Carl Fogel

    Yes, replying through Comcast with Forte avoids the Google line-wrap
    reply goof in the first example above.

    Given that Google is free and maintains an enormous searchable
    archive, it's hard to complain about this bug.

    Luckily, no complaints are too hard or too small for RBT.

    :-)

    It looks as if you need to stick a bridge in there to keep your name
    and site separated. Otherwise, the unbraced text can collapse and jam
    things together in rare circumstances.

    :-)

    Cheers,

    Carl Fogel

  18. In article <[email hidden]>,

    A Muzi said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    A Muzi <[email hidden]> wrote:
    > In my email and replies, it displays normally. Sometimes on r.b.t. it
    > looks weird with sketchy line breaks. But not always.
    > --
    > Andrew Muziwww.yellowjersey.org
    > Open every day since 1 April, 1971

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Your signature appears normally when you first post or reply to
    someone else.

    When another poster replies to your post, Google tacks the leading
    greater-than sign onto the front of your lines and reformats them.

    In the process, it can wrap lines, mistakenly jamming the word at the
    end of a line together with the link that begins the next line.

    Both of these should appear normally in _this_ post:

    Andrew Muziwww.yellowjersey.org

    Andrew Muzi
    www.yellowjersey.org

    Andrew Muzi

    www.yellowjersey.org
    But when I reply to myself in a moment, the first may be wrapped,
    while the other two (I hope) will be protected by the leading spaces
    and the extra line.

    Quoted message said:

    See? That's why I put the ugly little space in front of links in my
    posts. It leads to extra blank lines, but it prevents Google from
    goofing up the links that are practically the only valuable things in
    my ravings.

    I added spaces to my sig file.
    Why should Google affect this? I never go there.

    Google does many things wrong.
    You need not expend effort to
    compensate for Google's inadequacies
    Your signature separator is well formed.
    Google should respect it, and not include
    the signature when composing a reply.

    --
    Michael Press

  19. Michael Press said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    A Muzi said:
    Quoted message said:

    > A Muzi <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >> In my email and replies, it displays normally. Sometimes on r.b.t. it
    >> looks weird with sketchy line breaks. But not always.
    >> --
    >> Andrew Muziwww.yellowjersey.org
    >> Open every day since 1 April, 1971

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    [email hidden] wrote:
    > Your signature appears normally when you first post or reply to
    > someone else.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > When another poster replies to your post, Google tacks the leading
    > greater-than sign onto the front of your lines and reformats them.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > In the process, it can wrap lines, mistakenly jamming the word at the
    > end of a line together with the link that begins the next line.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > Both of these should appear normally in _this_ post:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > Andrew Muziwww.yellowjersey.org

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > Andrew Muzi
    > www.yellowjersey.org

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > Andrew Muzi

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >www.yellowjersey.org
    > But when I reply to myself in a moment, the first may be wrapped,
    > while the other two (I hope) will be protected by the leading spaces
    > and the extra line.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    See? That's why I put the ugly little space in front of links in my
    posts. It leads to extra blank lines, but it prevents Google from
    goofing up the links that are practically the only valuable things in
    my ravings.

    Quoted message said:

    I added spaces to my sig file.
    Why should Google affect this? I never go there.

    Google does many things wrong.
    You need not expend effort to
    compensate for Google's inadequacies
    Your signature separator is well formed.
    Google should respect it, and not include
    the signature when composing a reply.

    Should, but doesn't.

    I use GG, and try to remember to chop out the sig. section by hand -
    I'm sure I forget from time to time though.

    bookieb.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.