Road Cycling · Public discussion

appropriate clothing for cycling

Started by dig dug · · Last activity · 15 posts · 492 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
19 July 2005
Last activity
20 July 2005
Original author
dig dug
Posts
15
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
492
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–15 of 15
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hello:
    I've been riding for a while now and prefer bib shorts. The thing is, when
    it's hot out here (along with the humidity) I usually do not wear a jersey.
    Just the bibs. Other cyclists apparently do not like it. Is it not right
    to wear bibs w/o a jersey? I know I shouldnt really care but when I ride
    with bike clubs where I am the new guy it just seems inappropriate or they
    make it seem that way.
    ?
    thanks

  2. Mon, 18 Jul 2005 20:16:45 -0400, <[email hidden]>,

    dig dug said:

    Is it not right to wear bibs w/o a jersey?

    <plonk>
    --
    zk

  3. Zoot Katz said:

    Mon, 18 Jul 2005 20:16:45 -0400, <[email hidden]>,

    dig dug said:

    Is it not right to wear bibs w/o a jersey?

    <plonk>

    LOL

  4. jeez: sorry i asked...

    "Bill Sornson" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Zoot Katz said:

    Mon, 18 Jul 2005 20:16:45 -0400, <[email hidden]>,

    dig dug said:

    Is it not right to wear bibs w/o a jersey?

    <plonk>

    LOL

  5. dig dug said:

    jeez: sorry i asked...

    I'd guess some members of your club
    have been put into difficulty by your
    somewhat unorthodox choice of clothing.
    Do what you think is right.

  6. Quoted message said:

    I'd guess some members of your club
    have been put into difficulty by your
    somewhat unorthodox choice of clothing.
    Do what you think is right.


    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    If this belongs in the "Most Disgusting..." thread, then you should rethink.
    Otherwise, I see no reason for Zoot's "Plonk."

    How do they make it seem inappropriate? Are you just being self conscious,
    and reading your own thoughts into their behavior? Do you get more smiles
    and friendlier behavior when you are wearing a jersey?

  7. What you are doing seems tame by comparison. Check out
    http://www.worldnakedbikeride.org/res_high/index.html
    posted on another thread.

  8. dig dug said:

    Is it
    not right to wear bibs w/o a jersey?

    As long as your nuts aren't on display and you're comfy, who gives a rat's
    ass.

    FWIW, I've never worn a jersey with bibs.

  9. Leo Lichtman wrote:

    Check out World Naked Bike Ride.
    ----------------------------------------------------

    I don't think you'd want to ride anyone else's bike at this event.
    The Snarfs would have a field day at this one.

    Steve McDonald

  10. You MUST wear a jersey with bibs. They are not appropriate for wear w/o
    a jersey.

  11. Steve McDonald said:

    I don't think you'd want to ride anyone else's bike at this event.

    nonsense, just carry a supply of panty liners with the adhesive for
    instant protection. 🙂

  12. Yeah, but what about us fat guys? Is it OK for us to ride without a
    shirt?

  13. Quoted message said:

    Yeah, but what about us fat guys? Is it OK for us to ride without a
    shirt?

    Only at midnight, during the New Moon.

    HTH,

    jj

  14. Leo Lichtman said:

    What you are doing seems tame by comparison. Check out
    http://www.worldnakedbikeride.org/res_high/index.html
    posted on another thread.

    Imagine after a crash, you got road rash where <:-{

  15. dig dug said:

    Hello:
    I've been riding for a while now and prefer bib shorts. The thing is, when
    it's hot out here (along with the humidity) I usually do not wear a jersey.
    Just the bibs. Other cyclists apparently do not like it. Is it not right
    to wear bibs w/o a jersey? I know I shouldnt really care but when I ride
    with bike clubs where I am the new guy it just seems inappropriate or they
    make it seem that way.
    ?
    thanks

    It sounds like a very unattractive look but at least it's better than a
    jersey w/o shorts or bibs. A bit more comfortable too I'd imagine.

    Regards,
    Bob Hunt

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.