Hey folks,
Just got in my lab numbers from last August (the test was my payment for participation in a study). At the time I was an untrained cyclist, having only trained for two months prior to that (458 miles, 30 hours or so on the bike).
Here's the data:
Height: 180.9cm
Weight: 74.5kg
VO2max (relative) 50.2
VO2max (absolute) 3.79
[font='Times New Roman']Ventilatory threshold (%V[/font][font='Times New Roman'].[/font][font='Times New Roman']O2max[/font][font='Times New Roman']): ~76%[/font]
[font='Times New Roman'] - HR at Vthreshold - 180[/font]
[font='Times New Roman'] - Watts @ Vthreshold - 210[/font]
[font='Times New Roman']HRmax - 208[/font]
[font='Times New Roman']Body Fat% - 12.57[/font]
[font='Times New Roman'][/font]
[font='Times New Roman']I just bought Joe Friel's book and will be making my way through that soon as this year is my first full year of cycling/racing.[/font]
[font='Times New Roman'][/font]
[font='Times New Roman']I'm curious as to what these numbers point to in terms of strengths and weaknesses. What do they say about the style of racing I may be best at, etc. Any general comments are welcome.[/font]
[font='Times New Roman'][/font]
[font='Times New Roman']I understand that these aren't the only numbers I should pay attention to, nor the most important ones, but I'd be interested in any comments you have on how I should tackle to year to gain the most.[/font]
[font='Times New Roman'][/font]
[font='Times New Roman']For the record, I've dropped 2kg since the test. I also took three months off during the winter, so I expect that my numbers have not significantly changed since these tests were done. [/font]
[font='Times New Roman'][/font]
[font='Times New Roman']Thanks[/font]
[font='Times New Roman'][/font]