Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

Anyone tried one of this

Started by Andrew · · Last activity · 9 posts · 793 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
15 September 2003
Last activity
16 September 2003
Original author
Andrew
Posts
9
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
793
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–9 of 9
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. The price makes me wary, shouldn't a carbon fibre thing be costlier than aluminum, this thing was $8
    full price, then aluminum boosters run about $20 apiece

    nashbar.comprofile.cfm

  2. "Andrew" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    The price makes me wary, shouldn't a carbon fibre thing be costlier than aluminum, this thing was
    $8 full price, then aluminum boosters run about


    $20

    Quoted message said:

    apiece


    nashbar.comprofile.cfm

    I used them on my bikes for years when I used v-brakes, they did help stiffen the brakes. I still
    have a few carbon ones lying around if you're interested in buying them, better than nashbar brand.

    - CA-G

    Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

  3. "Andrew" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    The price makes me wary, shouldn't a carbon fibre thing be costlier than aluminum, this thing was
    $8 full price, then aluminum boosters run about


    $20

    Quoted message said:

    apiece


    nashbar.comprofile.cfm

    I got one of these Nashbar "carbon" boosters once. I thought it was junk. Never worked worth a hoot.

    -=B=-

  4. Barry S says:

    Quoted message said:

    I got one of these Nashbar "carbon" boosters once. I thought it was junk. Never worked
    worth a hoot.

    But, but, but..... it turned your stock bike into a "custom" bike, and it was CARBON! for that price
    i'd have thought it would have given you more pleasure than that.

    Steve

  5. Stephen Baker <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Barry S says:

    Quoted message said:

    I got one of these Nashbar "carbon" boosters once. I thought it was


    junk.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Never worked worth a hoot.

    But, but, but..... it turned your stock bike into a "custom" bike, and it


    was

    Quoted message said:

    CARBON! for that price i'd have thought it would have given you more


    pleasure

    Quoted message said:

    than that.

    Heheheheh - beat me to it ',;~}~

    Shaun aRe

  6. In article <[email hidden]>, [email hidden] says...

    Quoted message said:

    The price makes me wary, shouldn't a carbon fibre thing be costlier than aluminum, this thing was
    $8 full price, then aluminum boosters run about $20 apiece

    nashbar.comprofile.cfm
    storeid=

    CF in a flat part like that is worth little more money than fiberglass as far as the manufacturing
    of it goes so they should be that cheap.
    --
    _________________________
    Chris Phillipo - Cape Breton, Nova Scotia ramsays-online.comramsays-online.com

  7. Quoted message said:

    But, but, but..... it turned your stock bike into a "custom" bike, and it


    was

    Quoted message said:

    CARBON! for that price i'd have thought it would have given you more


    pleasure

    Quoted message said:

    than that.

    Steve

    Correction... I think the word you're looking for is "customized." =P

    -John Morgan

  8. "John Morgan" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:Lym9b.54818$cj1.27154@fed1read06...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    But, but, but..... it turned your stock bike into a "custom" bike, and


    it

    Quoted message said:

    was

    Quoted message said:

    CARBON! for that price i'd have thought it would have given you more


    pleasure

    Quoted message said:

    than that.

    Steve

    Correction... I think the word you're looking for is "customized." =P

    I always get this kind of reaction from the dullards and knuckle-draggers.

    -=B=-

  9. B. Sanders said...

    Quoted message said:

    I always get this kind of reaction from the dullards and knuckle-draggers.

    -=B=-

    Apparently, that would be anyone who isn't you.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.