Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

Anyone hear from Rich T. ?

Started by Slack · · Last activity · 18 posts · 655 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
31 August 2005
Last activity
7 September 2005
Original author
Slack
Posts
18
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
655
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–18 of 18
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Doesn't he live near the Katrina war zone?

    Man, I was just watching the news.... not good. Not good at all.

    --
    Slack

  2. "Slack" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Doesn't he live near the Katrina war zone?

    Man, I was just watching the news.... not good. Not good at all.

    --
    Slack

    Mr. Touart was in L.A (lower Alabama) but not quite as low as Mobile if
    memory serves...

  3. I dropped him a line. He lives just outside of Mobile and probably
    made it through ok.

    JD

  4. "Slack" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Doesn't he live near the Katrina war zone?

    Man, I was just watching the news.... not good. Not good at all.

    --


    I just got my power back on. It was a huge storm, as we got 70-80 mph gust
    100 miles west of the eye wall. My manufactured home fared well.

  5. little earthquakes said:

    "Slack" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Doesn't he live near the Katrina war zone?

    Man, I was just watching the news.... not good. Not good at all.

    --

    I just got my power back on. It was a huge storm, as we got 70-80 mph gust
    100 miles west of the eye wall. My manufactured home fared well.

    Cool, glad to hear. What city do you live in?

    --
    Slack

  6. "Slack" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    little earthquakes said:

    "Slack" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Doesn't he live near the Katrina war zone?

    Man, I was just watching the news.... not good. Not good at all.

    --

    I just got my power back on. It was a huge storm, as we got 70-80 mph


    gust

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    100 miles west of the eye wall. My manufactured home fared well.

    Cool, glad to hear. What city do you live in?


    I'm northeast of Baton Rouge, in an area/town called Baywood.

    The population in Baton Rouge has now more than doubled. It's crazy here.

  7. little earthquakes said:

    "Slack" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    little earthquakes said:

    "Slack" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    >Doesn't he live near the Katrina war zone?
    >
    >Man, I was just watching the news.... not good. Not good at all.
    >
    >--
    >

    I just got my power back on. It was a huge storm, as we got 70-80 mph

    gust

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    100 miles west of the eye wall. My manufactured home fared well.

    Cool, glad to hear. What city do you live in?

    I'm northeast of Baton Rouge, in an area/town called Baywood.

    The population in Baton Rouge has now more than doubled. It's crazy here.

    Cheer up, it's about to double again. Looks like they are finally
    moving people out of the effected areas.
    --
    Slack - glad to be in sparsely populated Los Angeles

  8. little earthquakes said:

    I just got my power back on. It was a huge storm, as we got 70-80 mph gust
    100 miles west of the eye wall. My manufactured home fared well.

    Yeah, but how did your IF fare?

    JD

  9. "JD" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    little earthquakes said:

    I just got my power back on. It was a huge storm, as we got 70-80 mph


    gust

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    100 miles west of the eye wall. My manufactured home fared well.

    Yeah, but how did your IF fare?


    Are you kidding? I moved it to a safer place, along with my pc.......just
    like last time.

    So, what kind of place is Flagstaff?

  10. little earthquakes said:

    "JD" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    little earthquakes said:

    I just got my power back on. It was a huge storm, as we got 70-80 mph


    gust

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    100 miles west of the eye wall. My manufactured home fared well.

    Yeah, but how did your IF fare?


    Are you kidding? I moved it to a safer place, along with my pc.......just
    like last time.

    So, what kind of place is Flagstaff?

    I've never spent any time in Flagstaff, so maybe you should google it.

    JD

  11. JD said:
    little earthquakes said:

    "JD" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    little earthquakes wrote:

    >I just got my power back on. It was a huge storm, as we got 70-80 mph

    gust

    Quoted message said:

    >100 miles west of the eye wall. My manufactured home fared well.

    Yeah, but how did your IF fare?

    Are you kidding? I moved it to a safer place, along with my pc.......just
    like last time.

    So, what kind of place is Flagstaff?

    I've never spent any time in Flagstaff, so maybe you should google it.

    JD

    I've been there a few times. It seems pretty mellow, and it's much
    cooler than a lot of AZ because of altitude. There's skiing there
    (when/if they get snow - it's not been that great in recent years IIRC),
    and there's a lot of interesting ruins around.
    Never ridden there but I hear there's good riding.

    Matt

  12. Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    So, what kind of place is Flagstaff?

    My kid just started school at NAU. He says there are pine trees and a Target
    two blocks from the dorm....

  13. MattB said:
    JD said:
    little earthquakes said:

    "JD" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    >little earthquakes wrote:
    >
    >>I just got my power back on. It was a huge storm, as we got 70-80 mph

    gust

    >>100 miles west of the eye wall. My manufactured home fared well.
    >
    >
    >Yeah, but how did your IF fare?
    >

    Are you kidding? I moved it to a safer place, along with my pc.......just
    like last time.

    So, what kind of place is Flagstaff?

    I've never spent any time in Flagstaff, so maybe you should google it.

    JD

    I've been there a few times. It seems pretty mellow, and it's much
    cooler than a lot of AZ because of altitude. There's skiing there
    (when/if they get snow - it's not been that great in recent years IIRC),
    and there's a lot of interesting ruins around.
    Never ridden there but I hear there's good riding.

    Matt

    I've passed through a few times and have never stopped. When i went
    through this past Winter, it was in a blizzard. I don't think they
    were hurting too badly for snow this past season.

    JD

  14. small change said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    So, what kind of place is Flagstaff?

    My kid just started school at NAU. He says there are pine trees and a Target
    two blocks from the dorm....

    There are Ponderosa Pines all over the place in Flagstaff.

    I will be spending time there on occasion in the future because my dad
    just moved there. I'm sure that finding a place to ride will not be a
    problem. If the weather sucks, Sedona is close by.

    JD

  15. JD said:
    MattB said:
    JD said:

    little earthquakes wrote:

    >"JD" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    >news:[email hidden]...
    >
    >
    >>little earthquakes wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>>I just got my power back on. It was a huge storm, as we got 70-80 mph
    >
    >gust
    >
    >
    >>>100 miles west of the eye wall. My manufactured home fared well.
    >>
    >>
    >>Yeah, but how did your IF fare?
    >>
    >
    >Are you kidding? I moved it to a safer place, along with my pc.......just
    >like last time.
    >
    >So, what kind of place is Flagstaff?

    I've never spent any time in Flagstaff, so maybe you should google it.

    JD

    I've been there a few times. It seems pretty mellow, and it's much
    cooler than a lot of AZ because of altitude. There's skiing there
    (when/if they get snow - it's not been that great in recent years IIRC),
    and there's a lot of interesting ruins around.
    Never ridden there but I hear there's good riding.

    Matt

    I've passed through a few times and have never stopped. When i went
    through this past Winter, it was in a blizzard. I don't think they
    were hurting too badly for snow this past season.

    JD

    I think they are on kind of a feast or famine kind of schedule.
    Last time I drove through there it was a blizzard too, but I think the
    year before they couldn't open the ski area on schedule for lack of
    snow. I would never go there to ski, so I haven't been paying that close
    attention. I do get some industry newsletters, so I usually hear when
    their business is significantly affected by weather, and they've been
    mentioned a few times for that in the past few seasons.

    Matt

  16. little earthquakes said:

    "JD" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    little earthquakes said:

    I just got my power back on. It was a huge storm, as we got 70-80 mph


    gust

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    100 miles west of the eye wall. My manufactured home fared well.

    Yeah, but how did your IF fare?


    Are you kidding? I moved it to a safer place, along with my pc.......just
    like last time.

    So, what kind of place is Flagstaff?

    I've only passed through Flagstaff, but I'd venture that they'll see a
    lot less precipitation than you guys will over the next month or
    two....
    /s


  17. Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    So, what kind of place is Flagstaff?

    I've only passed through Flagstaff, but I'd venture that they'll see a
    lot less precipitation than you guys will over the next month or
    two....
    /s

    considering they are at 7000 or so feet, they are supposed have a very
    typical 4 season climate. And yes, they got hammered this last winter.

    JD, keep notes on the riding ops for me.

    Penny

  18. MattB said:
    JD said:
    MattB said:

    JD wrote:

    > little earthquakes wrote:
    >
    >
    >> "JD" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email hidden]...
    >>
    >>
    >>> little earthquakes wrote:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>> I just got my power back on. It was a huge storm, as we got
    >>>> 70-80 mph
    >>
    >> gust
    >>
    >>
    >>>> 100 miles west of the eye wall. My manufactured home fared well.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> Yeah, but how did your IF fare?
    >>>
    >>
    >> Are you kidding? I moved it to a safer place, along with my
    >> pc.......just like last time.
    >>
    >> So, what kind of place is Flagstaff?
    >
    >
    >
    > I've never spent any time in Flagstaff, so maybe you should google
    > it. JD
    >

    I've been there a few times. It seems pretty mellow, and it's much
    cooler than a lot of AZ because of altitude. There's skiing there
    (when/if they get snow - it's not been that great in recent years
    IIRC), and there's a lot of interesting ruins around.
    Never ridden there but I hear there's good riding.

    Matt

    I've passed through a few times and have never stopped. When i went
    through this past Winter, it was in a blizzard. I don't think they
    were hurting too badly for snow this past season.

    JD

    I think they are on kind of a feast or famine kind of schedule.
    Last time I drove through there it was a blizzard too, but I think the
    year before they couldn't open the ski area on schedule for lack of
    snow. I would never go there to ski, so I haven't been paying that
    close attention. I do get some industry newsletters, so I usually
    hear when their business is significantly affected by weather, and
    they've been mentioned a few times for that in the past few seasons.

    Matt

    Last winter was a record year for Flag and the surrounding areas. The
    reservoirs officicals said wouldn't fill up unless we had several successive
    years of above average rain filled up.......

    Snow was great though the mountain is small and often gets shut down due to
    wind.

    Mountain biking is exceptional on the Peaks.

    Flag itself is kind of a pig stye and noisy with the main east/west railroad
    right in the middle of everything. The place is now overrun with
    Californian's forcing cost of living to skyrocket. big surprise.

    Gary

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.