Hi,
Are there any decent books around on the internet that I could purchase in relation to training regimes and training tips....
I feel I am ready to try different exercises rather than just riding.
Thanks
Tom
A community for cyclists, gear, training and racing.
Road Cycling · Public discussion
Thread navigation
Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.
Thread details
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
Hi,
Are there any decent books around on the internet that I could purchase in relation to training regimes and training tips....
I feel I am ready to try different exercises rather than just riding.
Thanks
Tom
The two that seem to get the most press are Chris Carmichael's Time Crunched Cyclist and Joe Friel's Cyclists Training Bible.
I prefer the Carmichael one because I find it is more focused, but some people prefer Friel (which I think is confusing to follow).
If you are training with a power meter, Training and Racing with a Power Meter makes the investment worth it (but won't mean much if you don't have one)
The two that seem to get the most press are Chris Carmichael's Time Crunched Cyclist and Joe Friel's Cyclists Training Bible.
I prefer the Carmichael one because I find it is more focused, but some people prefer Friel (which I think is confusing to follow).
If you are training with a power meter, Training and Racing with a Power Meter makes the investment worth it (but won't mean much if you don't have one)
Quoted post said:Originally Posted by wrightyboy [IMG]/img/forum/go_quote.gif[/IMG]
I feel I am ready to try different exercises rather than just riding.
I cycle year-round.... although considerably less in winter. I like to watch cycling movies in winter as well as read books on cycling. I find the books at the local library.
Last winter I tried swimming laps (indoors) for a regular winter work-out. That didn't work out so well... for me. This winter I am going to try hitting the gym twice a week for core exercises.... and maybe just a tad muscle building. I have already started a 3K walk-run... that I intend to expand to a 5K.
The CDC (Center for Disease Control) recommends 2.5 hours of active exercise and a twice weekly (20 minute each?) weight training.
Ed Pavelka wrote an anthology with tips from many experts, it would be a great starting point. I found it and others th the local library. I thought I'd see if I needed to "brush up" when someone asked me to coach them.
Greg Lemond's complete book of cycling (late 80's mid 90's), but i must say that i haven't read or checked out modern books on training,
Originally Posted by vspa [IMG]/img/forum/go_quote.gif[/IMG]
ome
Greg Lemond's complete book of cycling (late 80's mid 90's),
but i must say that i haven't reteaad or checked out modern books on training
Eddy "B" ( coach of 1980 American Team), Bernard Hinault, and John Howard also wrote books worth reading, admittedly some of the training "advice"' may be passe' but there is some good advice, facts and history not covered or mentioned in the newer books.
Active in the last 60 minutes
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.