General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

And in other news...

Started by Amberle3 · · Last activity · 14 posts · 383 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
27 March 2004
Last activity
31 March 2004
Original author
Amberle3
Posts
14
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
383
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–14 of 14
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I see that Tom Cruise and Penelope Cruz have split. So I
    still have a chance - whoohoo! Okay he's no Johnny Depp, but
    he's still a looker. Now to find the perfect sparkly evening
    dress for the Hollywood debut. Oh yeah, and also figure out
    how to magically become a size 2.

    Y'know for quite a while I didn't know that there really
    was such a thing as a size 2? That's an astounding thing to
    me. I'm quite sure that if I were dead and mummified I
    still wouldn't be size 2. I'm still pretty sure that's an
    age, not a size.

    Did anyone catch the behind-the-scenes of Extreme Makeover
    that was on last night? They had their clothing expert
    showing a woman (poor dear, wearing a size 6) in a dress
    that was all lumpy and roll-y on her. He put her in a new-old-
    fashioned corset and slimmer shorts and voila! She was a
    size 2. So for anyone watching shows like that, there's one
    of their secret tips on how to achieve a smaller dress size.
    And it greatly improved her posture I might add (it would
    have to - I don't think she could have bent over if she
    wanted to!).

    Amberle3 (who once dated a Tom Cruise look-alike)
    --
    Amberle3
    249/219/210-minigoal/150?
    Renewed my commitment to me 3/30/03

    - Resolutions are for Losers Weight Loss Challenge:
    angelfire.comrafl.htm
    - Spring Into Action Exercise Challenge:
    angelfire.comsia.htm
    - Weight No More Weight Loss Challenge:
    angelfire.comwnm.htm

  2. corsets also help with breathing due to the improved posture, Lee
    Amberle3 <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I see that Tom Cruise and Penelope Cruz have split. So I
    still have a chance - whoohoo! Okay he's no Johnny Depp,
    but he's still a looker. Now to find the perfect sparkly
    evening dress for the Hollywood debut. Oh yeah, and also
    figure out how to magically become a size 2.

    Y'know for quite a while I didn't know that there really
    was such a thing as a size 2? That's an astounding thing
    to me. I'm quite sure that if I were dead and mummified I
    still wouldn't be size 2. I'm still pretty sure that's an
    age, not a size.

    Did anyone catch the behind-the-scenes of Extreme Makeover
    that was on last night? They had their clothing expert
    showing a woman (poor dear, wearing a size 6) in a dress
    that was all lumpy and roll-y on her. He put her in a new-old-
    fashioned corset and slimmer shorts and voila! She was a
    size 2. So for anyone watching shows like that, there's
    one of their secret tips on how to achieve a smaller dress
    size. And it greatly improved her posture I might add (it
    would have to - I don't think she could have bent over if
    she wanted to!).

    Amberle3 (who once dated a Tom Cruise look-alike)
    --
    Amberle3
    249/219/210-minigoal/150? Renewed my commitment to me
    3/30/03

    - Resolutions are for Losers Weight Loss Challenge:
    angelfire.comrafl.htm
    - Spring Into Action Exercise Challenge:
    angelfire.comsia.htm
    - Weight No More Weight Loss Challenge:
    angelfire.comwnm.htm

  3. hehehe - go for it Amberle (Cruise that is)! Yes, there is
    such a thing as a size
    2 ... my daughter can affirm it, as it is the size she is.
    <sigh> It is a size that is rather difficult to find
    though, although much easier than her former size . I
    wonder if I put her into a corset, what size would she
    then become? Do they make negative sizes? <G>

    Joyce

    Amberle3 said:

    I see that Tom Cruise and Penelope Cruz have split. So I
    still have a chance - whoohoo! Okay he's no Johnny Depp,
    but he's still a looker. Now to find the perfect sparkly
    evening dress for the Hollywood debut. Oh yeah, and also
    figure out how to magically become a size 2.

    Y'know for quite a while I didn't know that there really
    was such a thing as a size 2? That's an astounding thing to
    me. I'm quite sure that if I were dead and mummified I
    still wouldn't be size 2. I'm still pretty sure that's an
    age, not a size.

    Did anyone catch the behind-the-scenes of Extreme Makeover
    that was on last night? They had their clothing expert
    showing a woman (poor dear, wearing a size 6) in a dress
    that was all lumpy and roll-y on her. He put her in a new-old-
    fashioned corset and slimmer shorts and voila! She was a
    size 2. So for anyone watching shows like that, there's one
    of their secret tips on how to achieve a smaller dress
    size. And it greatly improved her posture I might add (it
    would have to - I don't think she could have bent over if
    she wanted to!).

    Amberle3 (who once dated a Tom Cruise look-alike)

  4. I had a new customer on Thursday: daughter of an
    acquaintance, who wants a posh frock for her leaving school
    do that will have the WOW! factor in spades! Wants it to
    shock her mum (but not to the point of forbidding her to
    wear it!), dazzle the boyfriend, and have all the boys
    hunting the floor for the teeth they lost when their jaws
    dropped. She's a Vogue pattern size 8-10... Just about the
    same size I was at that age! Her waist is bigger, though. I
    always had to take stuff in round the waist, as I was
    usually 20" there without artificial aids. Scarlett O'Hara's
    18" waist would have been achievable with a corset!

    I did have to point out to the client that in OUR day (she
    came over with my friend Diane) we would not have worn
    anything much under the chosen dress... Thongs were not
    available, and bras were for burning, not wearing!

    I'm not aiming to be THAT small again, but a nice Vogue size
    14 would feel good: 36:28:38! And 30 years, a baby, and
    gravity have put paid to the bra burning...

    Joyce said:


    hehehe - go for it Amberle (Cruise that is)! Yes, there is
    such a thing as a size
    2 ... my daughter can affirm it, as it is the size she is.
    <sigh> It is a size that is rather difficult to find
    though, although much easier than her former size . I
    wonder if I put her into a corset, what size would she
    then become? Do they make negative sizes? <G>

    Joyce

    Amberle3 said:

    I see that Tom Cruise and Penelope Cruz have split. So I
    still have a chance - whoohoo! Okay he's no Johnny Depp,
    but he's still a looker. Now to find the perfect sparkly
    evening dress for the Hollywood debut. Oh yeah, and also
    figure out how to magically become a size 2.

    Y'know for quite a while I didn't know that there really
    was such a thing as a size 2? That's an astounding thing
    to me. I'm quite sure that if I were dead and mummified I
    still wouldn't be size 2. I'm still pretty sure that's an
    age, not a size.

    Did anyone catch the behind-the-scenes of Extreme
    Makeover that was on last night? They had their clothing
    expert showing a woman (poor dear, wearing a size 6) in a
    dress that was all lumpy and roll-y on her. He put her in
    a new-old-fashioned corset and slimmer shorts and voila!
    She was a size 2. So for anyone watching shows like that,
    there's one of their secret tips on how to achieve a
    smaller dress size. And it greatly improved her posture I
    might add (it would have to - I don't think she could
    have bent over if she wanted to!).

    Amberle3 (who once dated a Tom Cruise look-alike)

    --

    Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttons
    diceyhome.free-online.co.ukdiceyhome.free-online.co.uk Click on Kate's Pages
    and explore!

  5. LOL, if I lived near you I would have you make my things just because I am
    sure the fittings alone would be well worth it, the clothes would be a nice
    bonus, Lee
    Kate Dicey <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I had a new customer on Thursday: daughter of an
    acquaintance, who wants a posh frock for her leaving
    school do that will have the WOW! factor in spades! Wants
    it to shock her mum (but not to the point of forbidding
    her to wear it!), dazzle the boyfriend, and have all the
    boys hunting the floor for the teeth they lost when their
    jaws dropped. She's a Vogue pattern size 8-10... Just
    about the same size I was at that age! Her waist is
    bigger, though. I always had to take stuff in round the
    waist, as I was usually 20" there without artificial aids.
    Scarlett O'Hara's 18" waist would have been achievable
    with a corset!

    I did have to point out to the client that in OUR day (she
    came over with my friend Diane) we would not have worn
    anything much under the chosen dress... Thongs were not
    available, and bras were for burning, not wearing!

    I'm not aiming to be THAT small again, but a nice Vogue
    size 14 would feel good: 36:28:38! And 30 years, a baby,
    and gravity have put paid to the bra burning...

    Joyce said:


    hehehe - go for it Amberle (Cruise that is)! Yes, there
    is such a thing


    as a size

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    2 ... my daughter can affirm it, as it is the size she
    is. <sigh> It is


    a size

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    that is rather difficult to find though, although much
    easier than her


    former size

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    . I wonder if I put her into a corset, what size would
    she then


    become? Do they

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    make negative sizes? <G>

    Joyce

    Amberle3 said:

    I see that Tom Cruise and Penelope Cruz have split. So
    I still have a chance - whoohoo! Okay he's no Johnny
    Depp, but he's still a looker. Now to find the perfect
    sparkly evening dress for the Hollywood debut. Oh yeah,
    and also figure out how to magically become a size 2.

    Y'know for quite a while I didn't know that there
    really was such a thing as a size 2? That's an
    astounding thing to me. I'm quite sure that if I were
    dead and mummified I still wouldn't be size 2. I'm


    still

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    pretty sure that's an age, not a size.

    Did anyone catch the behind-the-scenes of Extreme
    Makeover that was on last night? They had their
    clothing expert showing a woman (poor dear, wearing a
    size 6) in a dress that was all lumpy and roll-y on
    her. He put her in a new-old-fashioned corset and
    slimmer shorts and voila! She was a size 2. So for
    anyone watching shows like that, there's one of their
    secret tips on how to achieve a smaller dress size. And
    it greatly improved her posture I might add (it would
    have to - I don't think she could have bent over if she
    wanted to!).

    Amberle3 (who once dated a Tom Cruise look-alike)

    --

    Quoted message said:

    Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttons
    diceyhome.free-online.co.ukdiceyhome.free-online.co.uk Click on Kate's
    Pages and explore!

  6. Go for it <g>

    "Amberle3" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I see that Tom Cruise and Penelope Cruz have split. So I
    still have a chance - whoohoo! Okay he's no Johnny Depp,
    but he's still a looker. Now to find the perfect sparkly
    evening dress for the Hollywood debut. Oh yeah, and also
    figure out how to magically become a size 2.

    Y'know for quite a while I didn't know that there really
    was such a thing as a size 2? That's an astounding thing
    to me. I'm quite sure that if I were dead and mummified I
    still wouldn't be size 2. I'm still pretty sure that's an
    age, not a size.

    Did anyone catch the behind-the-scenes of Extreme Makeover
    that was on last night? They had their clothing expert
    showing a woman (poor dear, wearing a size 6) in a dress
    that was all lumpy and roll-y on her. He put her in a new-old-
    fashioned corset and slimmer shorts and voila! She was a
    size 2. So for anyone watching shows like that, there's
    one of their secret tips on how to achieve a smaller dress
    size. And it greatly improved her posture I might add (it
    would have to - I don't think she could have bent over if
    she wanted to!).

    Amberle3 (who once dated a Tom Cruise look-alike)
    --
    Amberle3
    249/219/210-minigoal/150? Renewed my commitment to me
    3/30/03

    - Resolutions are for Losers Weight Loss Challenge:
    angelfire.comrafl.htm
    - Spring Into Action Exercise Challenge:
    angelfire.comsia.htm
    - Weight No More Weight Loss Challenge:
    angelfire.comwnm.htm

  7. Miss Violette said:


    LOL, if I lived near you I would have you make my things
    just because I am sure the fittings alone would be well
    worth it, the clothes would be a nice bonus, Lee

    We quite often have a hilarious time at fittings! I once
    threw tea all over the expensive electronic sewing machine,
    just missing the wedding outfit (Sandra's one on my web
    site). You have never seen two women teleport themselves
    through a brick wall and back with cloths for mopping, have
    you? We did it, I swear, giggling like idiots all the while!
    Sewing machine and wedding finery were both fine, but we
    needed something stronger than tea to calm our nerves... And
    I had a load of bath towels to wash!
    --

    Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttons
    diceyhome.free-online.co.ukdiceyhome.free-online.co.uk Click on Kate's Pages
    and explore!

  8. I am sure it would be fun, I am one of those people who rarely laughs out
    loud, I find a lot humors but little crack me up and you do, Lee
    Kate Dicey <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Miss Violette said:


    LOL, if I lived near you I would have you make my things
    just because I


    am

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    sure the fittings alone would be well worth it, the
    clothes would be a


    nice

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    bonus, Lee

    We quite often have a hilarious time at fittings! I once
    threw tea all over the expensive electronic sewing
    machine, just missing the wedding outfit (Sandra's one
    on my web site). You have never seen two women teleport
    themselves through a brick wall and back with cloths for
    mopping, have you? We did it, I swear, giggling like
    idiots all the while! Sewing machine and wedding finery
    were both fine, but we needed something stronger than
    tea to calm our nerves... And I had a load of bath
    towels to wash!
    --

    Quoted message said:

    Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttons
    diceyhome.free-online.co.ukdiceyhome.free-online.co.uk Click on Kate's
    Pages and explore!

  9. You have a great way and wit with words. And even, if
    perchance, you were serious, thanks for the laugh anyway (g)

    Good luck cruising

    Amberle3 said:

    I see that Tom Cruise and Penelope Cruz have split. So I
    still have a chance - whoohoo! Okay he's no Johnny Depp,
    but he's still a looker. Now to find the perfect sparkly
    evening dress for the Hollywood debut. Oh yeah, and also
    figure out how to magically become a size 2.

    Y'know for quite a while I didn't know that there really
    was such a thing as a size 2? That's an astounding thing to
    me. I'm quite sure that if I were dead and mummified I
    still wouldn't be size 2. I'm still pretty sure that's an
    age, not a size.

    Did anyone catch the behind-the-scenes of Extreme Makeover
    that was on last night? They had their clothing expert
    showing a woman (poor dear, wearing a size 6) in a dress
    that was all lumpy and roll-y on her. He put her in a new-old-
    fashioned corset and slimmer shorts and voila! She was a
    size 2. So for anyone watching shows like that, there's one
    of their secret tips on how to achieve a smaller dress
    size. And it greatly improved her posture I might add (it
    would have to - I don't think she could have bent over if
    she wanted to!).

    Amberle3 (who once dated a Tom Cruise look-alike)

  10. Hmm, lessee now..

    - Tom & Penelope have split - serious
    - Tom vs Johnny Depp - serious
    - Sparkly Hollywood evening dress - already have one
    actually. Not a size 2. Eaton's (kinda like Dayton's) was
    closing down several years ago and clearing out their
    stock. Bought a bunch of things for ridiculously low
    prices. I seem to recall coming away with 3 big, heavy
    bags of evening clothes for about $100. All too small of
    course, because I was going to lose weight <cough>.
    - Did not, at one point, know there really was such an
    animal as a size 2 - serious
    - Will never be a size 2 even if packed in silica gel - true
    - Extreme makover - well it's been shown 3 times since then.
    Every time I see the corset/slimmer shorts I'm reminded of
    my grandmother - not a pretty mental image.
    - Once dated a guy who could have been a double for Tom
    Cruise - true. We were teenagers, and it was before I even
    knew who Tom Cruise was. Shortly after we broke up I went
    to see the movie "Legend" and saw this:ericanphoto.co.jp/pages/celeb/C/Cruise_Tom/Previews/Plans-
    59449.jpg and thought WHOA! That looks just like my ex! It
    was a truly freaky experience.

    Alright, it's official. I guess I'm a serious person!

    Amberle3 (who will be cruising next year, for the first time
    and intends to wear some of those sparkly hollywood dresses)

    Fred said:


    You have a great way and wit with words. And even, if
    perchance, you were serious, thanks for the laugh
    anyway (g)

    Good luck cruising

    Amberle3 said:

    I see that Tom Cruise and Penelope Cruz have split. So I
    still have a chance - whoohoo! Okay he's no Johnny Depp,
    but he's still a looker. Now to find the perfect sparkly
    evening dress for the Hollywood debut. Oh yeah, and also
    figure out how to magically become a size 2.

    Y'know for quite a while I didn't know that there really
    was such a thing as a size 2? That's an astounding thing
    to me. I'm quite sure that if I were dead and mummified I
    still wouldn't be size 2. I'm still pretty sure that's an
    age, not a size.

    Did anyone catch the behind-the-scenes of Extreme
    Makeover that was on last night? They had their clothing
    expert showing a woman (poor dear, wearing a size 6) in a
    dress that was all lumpy and roll-y on her. He put her in
    a new-old-fashioned corset and slimmer shorts and voila!
    She was a size 2. So for anyone watching shows like that,
    there's one of their secret tips on how to achieve a
    smaller dress size. And it greatly improved her posture I
    might add (it would have to - I don't think she could
    have bent over if she wanted to!).

    Amberle3 (who once dated a Tom Cruise look-alike)

    --
    Amberle3
    249/219/210-minigoal/150?
    Renewed my commitment to me 3/30/03

    - Resolutions are for Losers Weight Loss Challenge:
    angelfire.comrafl.htm
    - Spring Into Action Exercise Challenge:
    angelfire.comsia.htm
    - Weight No More Weight Loss Challenge:
    angelfire.comwnm.htm

  11. Ah, back in the day when he was cute and innocent in the
    world. Of course I loved him in Risky Business and Top Gun,
    something about a man with shorter hair turns me on. BUT....
    now he is arrogant and that is just an ugly trait no matter
    how good looking he is.

    Debbie

    "Amberle3" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hmm, lessee now..

    - Tom & Penelope have split - serious
    - Tom vs Johnny Depp - serious
    - Sparkly Hollywood evening dress - already have one
    actually. Not a size 2. Eaton's (kinda like Dayton's)
    was closing down several years ago and clearing out
    their stock. Bought a bunch of things for ridiculously
    low prices. I seem to recall coming away with 3 big,
    heavy bags of evening clothes for about $100. All too
    small of course, because I was going to lose weight
    <cough>.
    - Did not, at one point, know there really was such an
    animal as a size 2 - serious
    - Will never be a size 2 even if packed in silica gel
    - true
    - Extreme makover - well it's been shown 3 times since
    then. Every time I see the corset/slimmer shorts I'm
    reminded of my grandmother - not a pretty mental image.
    - Once dated a guy who could have been a double for Tom
    Cruise - true. We were teenagers, and it was before I
    even knew who Tom Cruise was. Shortly after we broke up
    I went to see the movie "Legend" and saw this:


    americanphoto.co.jp/pages/celeb/C/Cruise_Tom/Previews/Plans-
    59449 .jpg

    Quoted message said:

    and thought WHOA! That looks just like my ex! It was a
    truly freaky experience.

    Alright, it's official. I guess I'm a serious person!

    Amberle3 (who will be cruising next year, for the first
    time and intends to wear some of those sparkly hollywood
    dresses)

    Fred said:


    You have a great way and wit with words. And even, if
    perchance, you were serious, thanks for the laugh
    anyway (g)

    Good luck cruising

    Amberle3 said:

    I see that Tom Cruise and Penelope Cruz have split. So
    I still have a chance - whoohoo! Okay he's no Johnny
    Depp, but he's still a looker. Now to find the perfect
    sparkly evening dress for the Hollywood debut. Oh yeah,
    and also figure out how to magically become a size 2.

    Y'know for quite a while I didn't know that there
    really was such a thing as a size 2? That's an
    astounding thing to me. I'm quite sure that if I were
    dead and mummified I still wouldn't be size 2. I'm


    still

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    pretty sure that's an age, not a size.

    Did anyone catch the behind-the-scenes of Extreme
    Makeover that was on last night? They had their
    clothing expert showing a woman (poor dear, wearing a
    size 6) in a dress that was all lumpy and roll-y on
    her. He put her in a new-old-fashioned corset and
    slimmer shorts and voila! She was a size 2. So for
    anyone watching shows like that, there's one of their
    secret tips on how to achieve a smaller dress size. And
    it greatly improved her posture I might add (it would
    have to - I don't think she could have bent over if she
    wanted to!).

    Amberle3 (who once dated a Tom Cruise look-alike)

    --
    Amberle3
    249/219/210-minigoal/150? Renewed my commitment to me
    3/30/03

    - Resolutions are for Losers Weight Loss Challenge:
    angelfire.comrafl.htm
    - Spring Into Action Exercise Challenge:
    angelfire.comsia.htm
    - Weight No More Weight Loss Challenge:
    angelfire.comwnm.htm

  12. Well, thanks for all those background details. Good luck
    making use of those evening frocks with Tom or Johnny.

    Yes, the dreams of losing weight need to be realized. A few
    years back I was going to do a 6-day, 400 mile bike ride. It
    was going to provide the incentive to train and drop a bunch
    of weight. The bike ride did happen but I did not lose the
    weight and it was one of the most arduous things I have
    done. Now, I'm there - go figure!

    But, thanks for running the challenges and keeping me
    honest.

    Amberle3 said:

    Hmm, lessee now..

    - Tom & Penelope have split - serious
    - Tom vs Johnny Depp - serious
    - Sparkly Hollywood evening dress - already have one
    actually. Not a size 2. Eaton's (kinda like Dayton's) was
    closing down several years ago and clearing out their
    stock. Bought a bunch of things for ridiculously low
    prices. I seem to recall coming away with 3 big, heavy
    bags of evening clothes for about $100. All too small of
    course, because I was going to lose weight <cough>.
    - Did not, at one point, know there really was such an
    animal as a size 2 - serious
    - Will never be a size 2 even if packed in silica gel -
    true
    - Extreme makover - well it's been shown 3 times since
    then. Every time I see the corset/slimmer shorts I'm
    reminded of my grandmother - not a pretty mental image.
    - Once dated a guy who could have been a double for Tom
    Cruise - true. We were teenagers, and it was before I
    even knew who Tom Cruise was. Shortly after we broke up I
    went to see the movie "Legend" and saw this:ricanphoto.co.jp/pages/celeb/C/Cruise_Tom/Previews/Plans-
    59449.jpg and thought WHOA! That looks just like my ex!
    It was a truly freaky experience.

    Alright, it's official. I guess I'm a serious person!

    Amberle3 (who will be cruising next year, for the first
    time and intends to wear some of those sparkly
    hollywood dresses)

    Fred said:


    You have a great way and wit with words. And even, if
    perchance, you were serious, thanks for the laugh
    anyway (g)

    Good luck cruising

    Amberle3 said:

    I see that Tom Cruise and Penelope Cruz have split. So I
    still have a chance - whoohoo! Okay he's no Johnny Depp,
    but he's still a looker. Now to find the perfect sparkly
    evening dress for the Hollywood debut. Oh yeah, and also
    figure out how to magically become a size 2.

    Y'know for quite a while I didn't know that there really
    was such a thing as a size 2? That's an astounding thing
    to me. I'm quite sure that if I were dead and mummified
    I still wouldn't be size 2. I'm still pretty sure that's
    an age, not a size.

    Did anyone catch the behind-the-scenes of Extreme
    Makeover that was on last night? They had their clothing
    expert showing a woman (poor dear, wearing a size 6) in
    a dress that was all lumpy and roll-y on her. He put her
    in a new-old-fashioned corset and slimmer shorts and
    voila! She was a size 2. So for anyone watching shows
    like that, there's one of their secret tips on how to
    achieve a smaller dress size. And it greatly improved
    her posture I might add (it would have to - I don't
    think she could have bent over if she wanted to!).

    Amberle3 (who once dated a Tom Cruise look-alike)

  13. LOL! I can relate to the age, babies and gravity having
    changed our figures just a tad. What is with the kids these
    days? I go through the same thing with my daughter. She was
    looking at halter tops the other day, said she would have to
    go out and buy a strapless bra ... then skipped the top
    entirely because the strapless bras won't stay up on her as
    she is so tiny anyway. I tried to tell her that the tops
    were made to go braless in, and in *our* day we looked for
    any excuse possible to not have to fight with those
    undergarments. Enjoy what she has now (or doesn't have)
    because time will definitely change things. She looked at me
    like I was totally wierd, said I just didn't understand.

    And I am also definitely not aiming for a size 2, I honestly
    think I would look very ill. It suits daughter well,
    somewhere/somehow she got blessed with the petite genes in
    the family - I have no idea who passed them on to her. I
    have a much larger frame size, could never carry off super-
    thin. I was perfectly happy when I reached size 10, ecstatic
    when it shifted to an 8. And today it seemed to shift again,
    even if the scales aren't. Found a cute pair of capri's that
    I just couldn't pass up, had to go down to a size 6. And the
    women's size L t's at Old Navy fit me like they were made
    for me. This store's shirts always ran very small on me, I
    swore they were made for girls with no shoulders or chests.
    Tra La, 'twas a grand day.

    Joyce

    On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 11:07:43 +0000, Kate Dicey <[email hidden]-

    online.co.uk said:

    I had a new customer on Thursday: daughter of an
    acquaintance, who wants a posh frock for her leaving
    school do that will have the WOW! factor in spades! Wants
    it to shock her mum (but not to the point of forbidding
    her to wear it!), dazzle the boyfriend, and have all the
    boys hunting the floor for the teeth they lost when their
    jaws dropped. She's a Vogue pattern size 8-10... Just
    about the same size I was at that age! Her waist is
    bigger, though. I always had to take stuff in round the
    waist, as I was usually 20" there without artificial aids.
    Scarlett O'Hara's 18" waist would have been achievable
    with a corset!

    I did have to point out to the client that in OUR day (she
    came over with my friend Diane) we would not have worn
    anything much under the chosen dress... Thongs were not
    available, and bras were for burning, not wearing!

    I'm not aiming to be THAT small again, but a nice Vogue
    size 14 would feel good: 36:28:38! And 30 years, a baby,
    and gravity have put paid to the bra burning...

    Joyce said:


    hehehe - go for it Amberle (Cruise that is)! Yes, there
    is such a thing as a size
    2 ... my daughter can affirm it, as it is the size she
    is. <sigh> It is a size that is rather difficult to
    find though, although much easier than her former size
    . I wonder if I put her into a corset, what size would
    she then become? Do they make negative sizes? <G>

    Joyce

    Amberle3 said:

    I see that Tom Cruise and Penelope Cruz have split. So I
    still have a chance - whoohoo! Okay he's no Johnny Depp,
    but he's still a looker. Now to find the perfect sparkly
    evening dress for the Hollywood debut. Oh yeah, and also
    figure out how to magically become a size 2.

    Y'know for quite a while I didn't know that there really
    was such a thing as a size 2? That's an astounding thing
    to me. I'm quite sure that if I were dead and mummified
    I still wouldn't be size 2. I'm still pretty sure that's
    an age, not a size.

    Did anyone catch the behind-the-scenes of Extreme
    Makeover that was on last night? They had their clothing
    expert showing a woman (poor dear, wearing a size 6) in
    a dress that was all lumpy and roll-y on her. He put her
    in a new-old-fashioned corset and slimmer shorts and
    voila! She was a size 2. So for anyone watching shows
    like that, there's one of their secret tips on how to
    achieve a smaller dress size. And it greatly improved
    her posture I might add (it would have to - I don't
    think she could have bent over if she wanted to!).

    Amberle3 (who once dated a Tom Cruise look-alike)

  14. excellent shopping, Lee
    Joyce <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    LOL! I can relate to the age, babies and gravity having
    changed our


    figures just

    Quoted message said:

    a tad. What is with the kids these days? I go through the
    same thing


    with my

    Quoted message said:

    daughter. She was looking at halter tops the other day,
    said she would


    have to go

    Quoted message said:

    out and buy a strapless bra ... then skipped the top
    entirely because the strapless bras won't stay up on her
    as she is so tiny anyway. I tried to


    tell her

    Quoted message said:

    that the tops were made to go braless in, and in *our* day
    we looked for


    any

    Quoted message said:

    excuse possible to not have to fight with those
    undergarments. Enjoy what


    she has

    Quoted message said:

    now (or doesn't have) because time will definitely change
    things. She


    looked at

    Quoted message said:

    me like I was totally wierd, said I just didn't
    understand.

    And I am also definitely not aiming for a size 2, I
    honestly think I would


    look

    Quoted message said:

    very ill. It suits daughter well, somewhere/somehow she
    got blessed with


    the

    Quoted message said:

    petite genes in the family - I have no idea who passed
    them on to her. I


    have a

    Quoted message said:

    much larger frame size, could never carry off super-thin.
    I was perfectly


    happy

    Quoted message said:

    when I reached size 10, ecstatic when it shifted to an 8.
    And today it


    seemed to

    Quoted message said:

    shift again, even if the scales aren't. Found a cute pair
    of capri's that


    I just

    Quoted message said:

    couldn't pass up, had to go down to a size 6. And the
    women's size L t's


    at Old

    Quoted message said:

    Navy fit me like they were made for me. This store's
    shirts always ran


    very small

    Quoted message said:

    on me, I swore they were made for girls with no shoulders
    or chests. Tra


    La,

    Quoted message said:

    'twas a grand day.

    Joyce

    On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 11:07:43 +0000, Kate Dicey


    <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I had a new customer on Thursday: daughter of an
    acquaintance, who wants a posh frock for her leaving
    school do that will have the WOW! factor in spades! Wants
    it to shock her mum (but not to the point of forbidding
    her to wear it!), dazzle the boyfriend, and have all the
    boys hunting the floor for the teeth they lost when their
    jaws dropped. She's a Vogue pattern size 8-10... Just
    about the same size I was at that age! Her waist is
    bigger, though. I always had to take stuff in round the
    waist, as I was usually 20" there without artificial
    aids. Scarlett O'Hara's 18" waist would have been
    achievable with a corset!

    I did have to point out to the client that in OUR day
    (she came over with my friend Diane) we would not have
    worn anything much under the chosen dress... Thongs were
    not available, and bras were for burning, not wearing!

    I'm not aiming to be THAT small again, but a nice Vogue
    size 14 would feel good: 36:28:38! And 30 years, a baby,
    and gravity have put paid to the bra burning...

    Joyce said:


    hehehe - go for it Amberle (Cruise that is)! Yes, there
    is such a


    thing as a size

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    2 ... my daughter can affirm it, as it is the size she
    is. <sigh> It


    is a size

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    that is rather difficult to find though, although much
    easier than her


    former size

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    . I wonder if I put her into a corset, what size would
    she then


    become? Do they

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    make negative sizes? <G>

    Joyce

    On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 05:33:07 GMT, Amberle3
    <[email hidden]>


    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    >I see that Tom Cruise and Penelope Cruz have split. So
    >I still have a chance - whoohoo! Okay he's no Johnny
    >Depp, but he's still a looker. Now to find the perfect
    >sparkly evening dress for the Hollywood debut. Oh
    >yeah, and also figure out how to magically become a
    >size 2.
    >
    >Y'know for quite a while I didn't know that there
    >really was such a thing as a size 2? That's an
    >astounding thing to me. I'm quite sure that if I were
    >dead and mummified I still wouldn't be size 2. I'm


    still

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >pretty sure that's an age, not a size.
    >
    >Did anyone catch the behind-the-scenes of Extreme
    >Makeover that was on last night? They had their
    >clothing expert showing a woman (poor


    dear,

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >wearing a size 6) in a dress that was all lumpy and
    >roll-y on her. He put her in a new-old-fashioned
    >corset and slimmer shorts and voila! She was a size 2.
    >So for anyone watching shows like that, there's one of
    >their secret tips on how to achieve a smaller dress
    >size. And it greatly improved her posture I might add
    >(it would have to - I don't think she could have bent
    >over if she wanted to!).
    >
    >Amberle3 (who once dated a Tom Cruise look-alike)

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.