Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion

An Apology

Started by Andrew Morris · · Last activity · 68 posts · 3,725 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Australia and New Zealand
Published
8 June 2004
Last activity
11 July 2004
Original author
Andrew Morris
Posts
68
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
3,725
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 61–68 of 68
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. "Alex" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]

    Quoted message said:

    Personally I prefer reading top postings if a person is
    just continuing to comment on a thread. It only becomes an
    issue when someone is responding to specific points.

    For me this is the most efficient. My page starts at the
    top. That is where I like the next thread to be.

    I'll take efficiency over some form of imposed custom
    any time.

    The problem is it is not efficient. That is why Usenet
    etiquette has evolved as it has, with top-posting rightly
    deprecated.

    Quoted message said:

    You must work in the public service somewhere.

    Wrong again.

    --

    A: Top-posters.
    B: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?

  2. "Alex" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]

    Quoted message said:

    What annoys me more than top posting, which doesn't annoy
    me at all is people who respond to a thread and you have
    to look all the way down the bottom to find that they have
    said something quite arcane, such as, "yeah"

    Not snipping extraneous material is also wrong but what you
    are saying is that two wrongs make a right, but they don't.
    Top-posting is never justified.

    --

    A: Top-posters.
    B: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?

  3. "Alex" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]

    Quoted message said:

    I don't agree with you. I like postings at the top, unless
    they are in response to specific points. Usually I read
    down a thread and don't need to scroll through all the
    same [censored] that I saw in the previous thread.

    Not snipping extraneous material is also wrong but what you
    are saying is that two wrongs make a right, but they don't.
    Top-posting is never justified.

    --

    A: Top-posters.
    B: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?

  4. "Alex" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]

    Quoted message said:

    I think I understand where you are coming from. Although
    that is not a pretty image. You studied latin at school
    didn't you. And post means after. And that is where it
    should be placed. I finally see the light. Please accept
    my humblest apologies, oh learnd one.

    I would if it was sincere, which it clearly is not.

    --

    A: Top-posters.
    B: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?

  5. Quoted post said:

    Originally posted by Drs


    I would if it was sincere, which it clearly is not.

    Actually, i read it as indeed being sincere, Drs.
    Perhaps you could back off occasionally and take the prickly hat off.

    PS totally OT, but a few threads ago you mentioned you would be faster than me cos your bike's wheels were bigger than my mtb's (think of the wierdest stuff on a bike, i does). piffle! i say.
    Triathletes use 650c wheels to go faster, and your wheels are bigger than Lance's, but i bet you aint wearin yeller😄

  6. "flyingdutch" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]

    Quoted message said:
    Drs said:

    I would if it was sincere, which it clearly is not.

    Actually, i read it as indeed being sincere, Drs.
    Perhaps you could back off occasionally and take the
    prickly hat off.

    Maybe you should stop always trying to make me out to be the
    bad guy. If his apology was sincere he would have bottom
    posted it.

    --

    A: Top-posters.
    B: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?

  7. "Alex" <[email hidden]> writes:

    [...]

    Quoted message said:

    I'll take efficiency over some form of imposed custom
    any time.

    However in posting is more efficent. If quoted correctly it
    results in smaller posts and the context of the reply is
    immeditly clear.

    --
    Please excuse my spelling as I suffer from agraphia. See
    dformosa.zeta.org.auSpelling.html to find
    out more. Free the Memes.

  8. Alex said:

    What annoys me more than top posting, which doesn't annoy
    me at all is people who respond to a thread and you have
    to look all the way down the bottom to find that they have
    said something quite arcane, such as, "yeah"

    The classic AOL reply, yes it is extreemly annoying.

    Quoted message said:

    I can think of many things more important than a eutopia
    where only bottom dwellers exist.

    Oh for Usenet before the september that never ended.

    --
    Please excuse my spelling as I suffer from agraphia. See
    dformosa.zeta.org.auSpelling.html to find
    out more. Free the Memes.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.