General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Alternatives for Vaccines - Travel

Started by Tavish Muldoon · · Last activity · 8 posts · 437 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
1 September 2003
Last activity
6 September 2003
Original author
Tavish Muldoon
Posts
8
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
437
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–8 of 8
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hello,

    My background has always biased me about homeopathic remedies (i.e.
    they do not work). But after a little more poking around - I am
    seeing the value of alternative work.

    I will be travelling abroad. Recommended shots are Hep A, Typhoid and
    Marlaria pills.

    Besides taking these vaccinations - what alternatives do I have, and
    what about their efficacy.

    Same with Malaria pills - I have heard Artemesia (sp?) is a good
    alternative.

    Why take alternatives. I reacted badly to other vaccines and malaria
    pill made me feel like [censored].

    I want maximum protection with no side effects (who does not?).

    Where should I look for this info? Or is there anyone out there with
    good advice?

    You help is greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Tmuld.

  2. "Tavish Muldoon" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hello,

    My background has always biased me about homeopathic remedies (i.e.
    they do not work). But after a little more poking around - I am
    seeing the value of alternative work.

    I will be travelling abroad. Recommended shots are Hep A, Typhoid and
    Marlaria pills.

    Besides taking these vaccinations - what alternatives do I have, and
    what about their efficacy.

    Same with Malaria pills - I have heard Artemesia (sp?) is a good
    alternative.

    Malaria can be a fatal illness despite any treatment, and I would not fool
    around. Understand that the Artemesia species that Hulda Clark and others
    promotes is not the same species that has antimalarial activitiy (Atremesia
    Annua). Also that if you buy through alternative sources you have little
    or no assurance what the product has in the way of the desired activity.

    ARTEMETHER is a semi- synthetic form of the active ingredient, and is being
    trialled, especially for drug-resistant malaria. Something like this is
    the only form I would use, but I am not sure whether its side effect profile
    would be any better than the more usual agents for its use in prophylaxis.
    Others may know. Try some searching on it.

    Peter Moran

  3. (Tavish Muldoon) said:

    I will be travelling abroad. Recommended shots are Hep A, Typhoid and
    Marlaria pills.
    Besides taking these vaccinations - what alternatives do I have, and
    what about their efficacy.

    None. And I have "actual experience" with what happens if you
    don't get your typhoid shots. It knocks 6 months to a year out
    of your life. The shot series will hurt like hell and give you a
    few days of fever and a really sore arm ... which beats beeng
    hospitalized with a temp of 105 for a week, days on
    Chloramphenicol, and months convalescing.

    Quoted message said:


    Same with Malaria pills - I have heard Artemesia (sp?) is a good
    alternative.

    NO: a compound in one of the species, artemensin, when extracted
    and injected, is proving useful. The herb you buy OTC and
    swallow is not the same thing.

    Quoted message said:

    Why take alternatives. I reacted badly to other vaccines and malaria
    pill made me feel like [censored].
    I want maximum protection with no side effects (who does not?).

    Don't go. If you aren't expoosed you are 100% shafe, and there
    are no side effects.

    Tsu Dho Nimh

    --
    When businesses invoke the "protection of consumers," it's a lot like
    politicians invoking morality and children - grab your wallet and/or
    your kid and run for your life.

  4. [email hidden] (Tavish Muldoon) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    Hello,

    My background has always biased me about homeopathic remedies (i.e.
    they do not work). But after a little more poking around - I am
    seeing the value of alternative work.

    I will be travelling abroad. Recommended shots are Hep A, Typhoid and
    Marlaria pills.

    Besides taking these vaccinations - what alternatives do I have, and
    what about their efficacy.

    Same with Malaria pills - I have heard Artemesia (sp?) is a good
    alternative.

    Why take alternatives. I reacted badly to other vaccines and malaria
    pill made me feel like [censored].

    I want maximum protection with no side effects (who does not?).

    Where should I look for this info? Or is there anyone out there with
    good advice?

    You help is greatly appreciated.

    Having had malaria at 21 and a relapse several years ago, I can assure
    you that the disease is most definitely worse than the side effects.

    Last time, I lost 50 lbs is 30 days.

  5. Good idea.

    [email hidden] (Tavish Muldoon) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    Basically everything I have heard is negative.

    Maybe I should stick to what the mainstream medical community has to offer!

    Thanks for the advice!

    Tmuld.

    [email hidden] (Tavish Muldoon) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    Hello,

    My background has always biased me about homeopathic remedies (i.e.
    they do not work). But after a little more poking around - I am
    seeing the value of alternative work.

    I will be travelling abroad. Recommended shots are Hep A, Typhoid and
    Marlaria pills.

    Besides taking these vaccinations - what alternatives do I have, and
    what about their efficacy.

    Same with Malaria pills - I have heard Artemesia (sp?) is a good
    alternative.

    Why take alternatives. I reacted badly to other vaccines and malaria
    pill made me feel like [censored].

    I want maximum protection with no side effects (who does not?).

    Where should I look for this info? Or is there anyone out there with
    good advice?

    You help is greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Tmuld.

  6. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Tavish Muldoon said:

    Basically everything I have heard is negative.

    Maybe I should stick to what the mainstream medical community has to offer!

    Thanks for the advice!

    You have absolutely no future as a consumer of alternative medicine.
    If you were properly into that stuff, you'd have screamed with outrage
    at the idea that conventional medicine is the way to go in this case.

    -- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
    These are my opinions only, but they're almost always correct.
    "If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants
    were standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

    Quoted message said:

    [email hidden] (Tavish Muldoon) wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    Hello,

    My background has always biased me about homeopathic remedies (i.e.
    they do not work). But after a little more poking around - I am
    seeing the value of alternative work.

    I will be travelling abroad. Recommended shots are Hep A, Typhoid and
    Marlaria pills.

    Besides taking these vaccinations - what alternatives do I have, and
    what about their efficacy.

    Same with Malaria pills - I have heard Artemesia (sp?) is a good
    alternative.

    Why take alternatives. I reacted badly to other vaccines and malaria
    pill made me feel like [censored].

    I want maximum protection with no side effects (who does not?).

    Where should I look for this info? Or is there anyone out there with
    good advice?

    You help is greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Tmuld.

  7. Once again, mar. wrong shows himself to be.
    "David Wright" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    Tavish Muldoon said:

    Basically everything I have heard is negative.

    Maybe I should stick to what the mainstream medical community has to


    offer!

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    Thanks for the advice!

    You have absolutely no future as a consumer of alternative medicine.
    If you were properly into that stuff, you'd have screamed with outrage
    at the idea that conventional medicine is the way to go in this case.

    -- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
    These are my opinions only, but they're almost always correct.
    "If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants
    were standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

    Quoted message said:

    [email hidden] (Tavish Muldoon) wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    Hello,

    My background has always biased me about homeopathic remedies (i.e.
    they do not work). But after a little more poking around - I am
    seeing the value of alternative work.

    I will be travelling abroad. Recommended shots are Hep A, Typhoid and
    Marlaria pills.

    Besides taking these vaccinations - what alternatives do I have, and
    what about their efficacy.

    Same with Malaria pills - I have heard Artemesia (sp?) is a good
    alternative.

    Why take alternatives. I reacted badly to other vaccines and malaria
    pill made me feel like [censored].

    I want maximum protection with no side effects (who does not?).

    Where should I look for this info? Or is there anyone out there with
    good advice?

    You help is greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Tmuld.

  8. In the jungle there's no sockets to plug in your zapper 😉
    Anth

    "Tavish Muldoon" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Basically everything I have heard is negative.

    Maybe I should stick to what the mainstream medical community has to


    offer!

    Quoted message said:


    Thanks for the advice!

    Tmuld.

    [email hidden] (Tavish Muldoon) wrote in message


    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Hello,

    My background has always biased me about homeopathic remedies (i.e.
    they do not work). But after a little more poking around - I am
    seeing the value of alternative work.

    I will be travelling abroad. Recommended shots are Hep A, Typhoid and
    Marlaria pills.

    Besides taking these vaccinations - what alternatives do I have, and
    what about their efficacy.

    Same with Malaria pills - I have heard Artemesia (sp?) is a good
    alternative.

    Why take alternatives. I reacted badly to other vaccines and malaria
    pill made me feel like [censored].

    I want maximum protection with no side effects (who does not?).

    Where should I look for this info? Or is there anyone out there with
    good advice?

    You help is greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Tmuld.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.