I just got a pair of Elites and I'm trying to mount them on Ksyrium's. Ouch!
They're not going on very easily. Does anybody with experience with this
have any useful suggestions?
Thanks,
Stubby Phillips
A community for cyclists, gear, training and racing.
Road Cycling · Public discussion
Thread navigation
Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.
Thread details
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
I just got a pair of Elites and I'm trying to mount them on Ksyrium's. Ouch!
They're not going on very easily. Does anybody with experience with this
have any useful suggestions?
Thanks,
Stubby Phillips
Mike Spak said:I just got a pair of Elites and I'm trying to mount them on Ksyrium's. Ouch!
They're not going on very easily. Does anybody with experience with this
have any useful suggestions?
Put them stretched on as far as possible, then leave them for a day.
This will stretch them just a little, it'll also give your fingers time to
heal!
Alan.
--
To reply by e-mail, change the ' + ' to 'plus'.
http://www.dvatc.co.uk - Off-road cycling in the North Midlands.
I second that...or maybe, stretch them for the season and just ride
clinchers ;~).
TUFO's are a [censored], so have patience. I've also found that riding them
a bit on the road helps, but that's just anecdotal.
CH
"A.Lee" <alan@darkroom.+.com> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...
Quoted message said:Mike Spak said:I just got a pair of Elites and I'm trying to mount them on Ksyrium's. Ouch!
They're not going on very easily. Does anybody with experience with this
have any useful suggestions?Put them stretched on as far as possible, then leave them for a day.
This will stretch them just a little, it'll also give your fingers time to
heal!
Alan.
I ran into Scott Mares from Sibex today, and he gave me some tips, and I
managed to mount the suckers. Thanks for the advice.
"chris" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:I second that...or maybe, stretch them for the season and just ride
clinchers ;~).TUFO's are a [censored], so have patience. I've also found that riding them
a bit on the road helps, but that's just anecdotal.CH
"A.Lee" <alan@darkroom.+.com> wrote in message
news:<[email hidden]>...
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:Mike Spak said:I just got a pair of Elites and I'm trying to mount them on Ksyrium's.
Ouch!
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:Quoted message said:They're not going on very easily. Does anybody with experience with
this
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:Quoted message said:have any useful suggestions?
Put them stretched on as far as possible, then leave them for a day.
This will stretch them just a little, it'll also give your fingers time
to
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:heal!
Alan.
So what are the tips?
"Mike Spak" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...
Quoted message said:I ran into Scott Mares from Sibex today, and he gave me some tips, and I
managed to mount the suckers. Thanks for the advice.
"chris" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:I second that...or maybe, stretch them for the season and just ride
clinchers ;~).TUFO's are a [censored], so have patience. I've also found that riding them
a bit on the road helps, but that's just anecdotal.CH
"A.Lee" <alan@darkroom.+.com> wrote in message
news:<[email hidden]>...Quoted message said:Quoted message said:On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 23:31:09 -0600, Mike Spak wrote:
> I just got a pair of Elites and I'm trying to mount them on Ksyrium's.
Ouch!Quoted message said:Quoted message said:> They're not going on very easily. Does anybody with experience with
thisQuoted message said:Quoted message said:> have any useful suggestions?
Put them stretched on as far as possible, then leave them for a day.
This will stretch them just a little, it'll also give your fingers time
toQuoted message said:Quoted message said:heal!
Alan.
Mr. Fast,
I still have a hard time stretching the tire onto the rim in the first
place, so no help there. The thing that helped the most was to pull the
tread up while squeezing the tire on both\ sides and the tire just sort of
pops into the bead.
"almost fast" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:So what are the tips?
"Mike Spak" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:<[email hidden]>...
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:I ran into Scott Mares from Sibex today, and he gave me some tips, and I
managed to mount the suckers. Thanks for the advice.
"chris" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:I second that...or maybe, stretch them for the season and just ride
clinchers ;~).TUFO's are a [censored], so have patience. I've also found that riding them
a bit on the road helps, but that's just anecdotal.CH
"A.Lee" <alan@darkroom.+.com> wrote in message
news:<[email hidden]>...Quoted message said:> On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 23:31:09 -0600, Mike Spak wrote:
>
> > I just got a pair of Elites and I'm trying to mount them on
Ksyrium's.
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:Ouch!
Quoted message said:> > They're not going on very easily. Does anybody with experience
with
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:this
Quoted message said:> > have any useful suggestions?
>
> Put them stretched on as far as possible, then leave them for a day.
> This will stretch them just a little, it'll also give your fingers
time
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:to
Quoted message said:> heal!
> Alan.
Cool, that makes sense. Thanks.
"Mike Spak" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...
Quoted message said:Mr. Fast,
I still have a hard time stretching the tire onto the rim in the first
place, so no help there. The thing that helped the most was to pull the
tread up while squeezing the tire on both\ sides and the tire just sort of
pops into the bead.
"almost fast" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:So what are the tips?
"Mike Spak" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:<[email hidden]>...Quoted message said:Quoted message said:I ran into Scott Mares from Sibex today, and he gave me some tips, and I
managed to mount the suckers. Thanks for the advice.
"chris" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...
> I second that...or maybe, stretch them for the season and just ride
> clinchers ;~).
>
> TUFO's are a [censored], so have patience. I've also found that riding them
> a bit on the road helps, but that's just anecdotal.
>
> CH
>
> "A.Lee" <alan@darkroom.+.com> wrote in message
news:<[email hidden]>...Quoted message said:Quoted message said:> > On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 23:31:09 -0600, Mike Spak wrote:
> >
> > > I just got a pair of Elites and I'm trying to mount them on
Ksyrium's.
Ouch!Quoted message said:Quoted message said:> > > They're not going on very easily. Does anybody with experience
with
thisQuoted message said:Quoted message said:> > > have any useful suggestions?
> >
> > Put them stretched on as far as possible, then leave them for a day.
> > This will stretch them just a little, it'll also give your fingers
time
toQuoted message said:Quoted message said:> > heal!
> > Alan.
Active in the last 60 minutes
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.