Road Cycling · Public discussion

Adieu, Dan

Started by B. Lafferty · · Last activity · 64 posts · 2,955 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
30 November 2005
Last activity
7 December 2005
Original author
B. Lafferty
Posts
64
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,955
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 61–64 of 64
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Quoted message said:

    incommensurability

    Congrats on first use in rbr.

    --
    E. Dronkert

  2. Quoted message said:
    Mark & Steven Bornfeld said:

    [email hidden] wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Anyway, someone with a physics degree and my name is almost
    certainly Jewish, and anyone with the name who isn't still
    gets the 50% off deal at Ess-A-Bagel (What, you didn't know
    about the 50% off deal??)

    No, I didn't. I don't know your last name, and I didn't know you were
    a New Yorker either (though I remember having an Ess-A-Bagel
    conversation with Lafferty, who IIRC once lived in Stuyvesant Town).

    Google changed something and started leaving my name
    off posts, and I never fixed it, due to (1) laziness and (2) fear
    of university administrators with enough brain cells to search
    Google (groups) but not enough to have a sense of humor
    about rbr. And I'm not a real New Yorker, though my
    whole family is from there. The last time I was at Ess-A-Bagel
    was several years ago when I took a relative to an operation
    at Beth Israel.

    I was born at Beth Israel. So was my daughter. They did not crack a
    smile at the cashier's office when I asked if I got a discount for
    repeat business.

    Steve

    Actually, there are some who claim that the

    Quoted message said:

    Ess-A bagel is too large and fluffy, or at least not dense enough.
    I bought bagels in Princeton today, which seems like a near
    incommensurability, but the bagels are pretty OK.

  3. "Steven Bornfeld" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Mark & Steven Bornfeld said:

    [email hidden] wrote:

    Quoted message said:

    >Anyway, someone with a physics degree and my name is almost
    >certainly Jewish, and anyone with the name who isn't still
    >gets the 50% off deal at Ess-A-Bagel (What, you didn't know
    >about the 50% off deal??)

    No, I didn't. I don't know your last name, and I didn't know you were
    a New Yorker either (though I remember having an Ess-A-Bagel
    conversation with Lafferty, who IIRC once lived in Stuyvesant Town).

    Google changed something and started leaving my name
    off posts, and I never fixed it, due to (1) laziness and (2) fear
    of university administrators with enough brain cells to search
    Google (groups) but not enough to have a sense of humor
    about rbr. And I'm not a real New Yorker, though my
    whole family is from there. The last time I was at Ess-A-Bagel
    was several years ago when I took a relative to an operation
    at Beth Israel.

    I was born at Beth Israel. So was my daughter. They did not crack a
    smile at the cashier's office when I asked if I got a discount for repeat
    business.

    Steve

    That's because you asked for a donut and not a bagel. Ess-A-Bagel was
    always my favorite but it is not as "heavy" as other bagels as the other
    poster mentioned. They are larger than most other bagels. And yes, I lived
    for many years on First Avenue across form Beth Israel. Does the Mitzvah
    Tank still stop there?

  4. B. Lafferty said:

    "Steven Bornfeld" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:

    Mark & Steven Bornfeld wrote:

    >[email hidden] wrote:

    >>Anyway, someone with a physics degree and my name is almost
    >>certainly Jewish, and anyone with the name who isn't still
    >>gets the 50% off deal at Ess-A-Bagel (What, you didn't know
    >>about the 50% off deal??)
    >
    >No, I didn't. I don't know your last name, and I didn't know you were
    >a New Yorker either (though I remember having an Ess-A-Bagel
    >conversation with Lafferty, who IIRC once lived in Stuyvesant Town).

    Google changed something and started leaving my name
    off posts, and I never fixed it, due to (1) laziness and (2) fear
    of university administrators with enough brain cells to search
    Google (groups) but not enough to have a sense of humor
    about rbr. And I'm not a real New Yorker, though my
    whole family is from there. The last time I was at Ess-A-Bagel
    was several years ago when I took a relative to an operation
    at Beth Israel.

    I was born at Beth Israel. So was my daughter. They did not crack a
    smile at the cashier's office when I asked if I got a discount for repeat
    business.

    Steve

    That's because you asked for a donut and not a bagel. Ess-A-Bagel was
    always my favorite but it is not as "heavy" as other bagels as the other
    poster mentioned. They are larger than most other bagels. And yes, I lived
    for many years on First Avenue across form Beth Israel. Does the Mitzvah
    Tank still stop there?

    I dunno. I'm not that far from the Lubovitcher World Headquarters on
    Eastern Parkway, so we see them prowling the streets of Brooklyn.
    I wouldn't order donuts at Ess-A-Bagel, but I can relate--my wife once
    went to Peter Luger's and ordered fish.

    Steve

    --
    Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
    http://www.dentaltwins.com
    Brooklyn, NY
    718-258-5001

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.